TASCAM TM-80 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
BACK IN STOCK

TASCAM TM-80 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone

Outfit your desktop recording studio for a nice price with TASCAM's TM-80 condenser microphone. Package includes a desk stand, shock mount, and an XLR cable.

Overall:
4.5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted August 28, 2017 by Robert P in Rockingham, NC
"Wow! Great Sounding Mic For a Great Price!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I bought this microphone for my studio, because I had a recording session lined up for a demo, and I needed to get a mic quickly and inexpensively to record acoustic guitar. This mic had really good recommendations for recording acoustic guitars, so I chose it. it didn't disappoint! I got a warm, crisp and clean acoustic guitar sound from this mic. It records sounds like microphones from a higher price range. I'm very pleased. Sure, there are some more expensive mics that probably sound better, but the sound I got from this one gave my demo a great acoustic guitar recording and it was easy to pick up quickly from zZounds for a great price and fast shipping. Also, as always, zZounds makes purchasing gear even easier with their payment plans. Thanks Tascam and thanks zZounds for helping me get the gear I needed to make a great demo for my client!
I've been playing music all of my life, but seriously and professionally for 35 years. I play guitar, bass and drums..
Mostly rock, jazz, blues and country,
17 of 17 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 21, 2018 by Jordan Hernandez in Ventura, CA
"Best for your buck!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Getting this microphone is a steal and a half, considering the quality. I have been thoroughly impressed with it. I use a simple interface to record my music and this mic has had quite a damn good sound. There are definitely better mics you could buy with more money, but for this price, seek no further!
15 Years of playing bass, rhythm & lead guitar, piano & keys 10 years of writing
Metal, Rock, Nu-Metal
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 9, 2018 by Danny Abaldo in Yermo, CA
"I am a pro recordist this is a great Mic"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I was surprised. The shock mount came with a broke cadge mount string broke but zZoundnds replaced it with a better cadge mount bravo for that. OK the mic. I lost all pro gear in my studio in the 2008 crash I got this mic and thought it will have to do. I wanted it for zoom, skype vids etc, I tried it in some DAWs and wow, I was impressed soft spoken up close unreal. I have had this price range before, and understand ALL mics lower end ALL you mus tweak the sound, and adjust things, eFX , compressors EQ as I did very little of this I was surprised at the quality of even loud singing no noises, buzz, noise top notch for price rang hands down. I next did a scratch vox to see what it can do, I used ONLY a great waves plug in GW voice centric, wow. 29.00 vst all you need pre master not master but wow, Do not listen to neg in put as I assume these ones do not know how to make normal adjustments or after processing in a editor, if you do, this is as good as my old AT 2020 if not better. I was a SE Recording engineer OK. No its not a pro mic but I easily have been getting a good semi pro sound and after as good as my 500.00 mics
40 plus years 30 in pro music biz
Rock-POP, Christian POP-Rock - ambient, film music, electronic-all kinds of music srong Vox music.
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 26, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"On the money!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Good solid mic that in this price range cannot be beat imho.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 7, 2017 by Amanda W in fayetteville, NC
"first time buying a microphone"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
easy to use, and great sounding without having to spend big money on a condenser microphone. great for recording vocals and instruments as well even acoustic guitar!
i record vocals at home,just a beginner at this music equipment stuff
hip hop and trance
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 10, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"TM-80 is more of a poser"
Overall: 2 out of 5 stars
I purchased the TM-80 based on the claim of it being a large diaphragm mic. When I set it up I was disappointed with it's thin sound. I soon discovered it is not an LDC and it's capsule is rather small. I made some recordings with the TM-80 but within the first month it quit working due to a solder lead inside the mic that come loose. There are better mics out there and this mic is at best average.
1 of 3 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 29, 2017 by James B in Nashville, TN
"Nice mic to have around"
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
I really need another mic I could use on a regular basis, this was right on time. Solid in the studio, surprisingly hangs with the big boys. Great find!
Guitar, Keyboard, drums.
Pop, R&B, Christian.
1 of 4 people (25%) people found this review helpful. Did you?