When you call, mention priority code 20X-CKJ8

Rating and Reviews: Tascam GB-10 Trainer

The Tascam GB-10 Trainer is an ideal tool for learning your favorite songs. Just load your mp3s onto the Tascam GB-10, then solo and loop tricky sections.

"Excellent Practice Tool" submitted March 20, 2012

By Stacey N in Abilene, TX
Musical Background: Professional bassist
Music Style: Jazz, pop, classic rock, funk, R&B, gospel, Broadway, big band, reggae
Sound: The sound is full and rich. I use it for bass guitar, and I am very happy with the quality of my instrument sound. The mp3's sound like they do on a computer or an mp3 player. There is a small amount of hiss at high volumes, but it's not annoying. Good headphones increase the sound quality a great deal. Feature: I like the fact that this has a USB connection jack, and it can also be used to power the GB-10. I also like the BALANCE feature, which balances the sound between my instrument and the mp3, wav file, or user-recorded sound files. Ease of Use: The GB-10 is very intuitive. The layout is clear and easy to understand. The buttons are a good size, spaced apart, and for most part, each button has it's own function, which I prefer. Some units have a couple of buttons with 25 functions each. The GB-10 is simple. Quality: It feels sturdy, like a durable, well-made unit. I expect to use the GB-10 for years to come. It's perfect for the desktop, and the large LCD display is easy to read. I wish that the screen was back-lit. Value: Absolutely worth every penny! There are many practice tools that cost twice the price that don't have the features that the GB-10 includes. I highly recommend it. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to contact Tascam. However, the owner's manual is thorough (almost 100 pages, all in English), and the instructions are easy to implement. The Wow Factor: There are many things that I love about the GB-10. It is everything that I have wanted in a practice tool. So far, I have enjoyed recording my own music, then being able to slow it down, change the key, etc. And for me, the price (less than $100) is a major WOW factor. I can't wait to learn how to overdub with the GB-10. Overall: I love this bass trainer. I've only had it a week, and I can see that it's the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I'm so impressed with the number of features that it has for the money. It has several power options - 2 AA batteries, USB, or optional adapter. The sound is clean and crisp. I have had two Korg Pandoras and a Digitech Jamman in the past for practice purposes, but I am more pleased with the GB-10. The operation is more intuitive, the layout is very clear, and it includes more features for less than half the price of the other units. The ONLY thing that I wish Tascam would have done is included a back-lit screen. Other than that, I couldn't be happier with the Tascam GB-10.

"Great for learning songs" submitted September 4, 2012

By Tim R in Mesa, AZ
Musical Background: Guitarist - 30 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: Sound is CD quality at normal speed, and pretty good slowed down too. Probably better than the TASCAM CD based trainer I have had for years, and much more convenient too. I tried MP3 files vs WAV and to get the best sound quality at slow speeds converting songs to a high sample rate WAV sounded best. If you don't have MP3 or WAV files you will probably need to get a file converter like Switch from NCH Software - works great or if you can find a free program on the internet Feature: Small, No CDs, large capacity for songs, recording and overdubbing, effects, sound presets, easy to use. Ease of Use: Some decent guitar sounds for a trainer - has presets you can tune, and effects you can adjust. Some learning curve when you start out to convert and load songs. The manual is pretty good. Quality: Seems well made and I expect it to be reliable. Value: I think its a good value. I spent significantly less than I did on the CD based version years ago. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with TASCAM. The Wow Factor: I'm all for something that makes learning songs more convenient and easier. Overall: Works well for guitar, see detailed review

"Great gadget but...." submitted May 14, 2012

By Mario M in Virginia Beach, VA
Musical Background: Active bass player since 1973
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz, whatever suits me at the moment
Sound: Firstly I must point out that this unit will perform differently depending on your bass. In my case the GB-10 overdrove quite badly with my Fender Jazz with an Auder pre-amp installed, it worked reasonably well with my passive Fender Precision and with my passive Rickenbacker 4001. The bass that sounds best in the GB-10 is my Lakland Skyline 55-01; the sound compares nicely to what the bass sounds like going through my amplifier and mixes well with my practice MP-3 music. The bottom line is that you may want to roadtest the GB-10 with your bass before you open your wallet. Feature: The GB-10 has tons of useful features but there are some things that Tascam could have done better. First off the SD card; not every SD card works in the GB-10 and it takes a bit of digging in the manual before you get to the note that warns users to consult the web site for compatible SD cards. This information should have been placed on the box unit and clearly marked in the manual rather than being included in the manner of a post scriptum. However the big ticket item is in regards to the music files that can be played by the GB-10. The unit can only play MP3 files and if you use Itunes like I do you should know those are MP4A files and the GB-10 cannot play MP4A. In order to load a your favorite practice tunes into the GB-10 you will have to convert your files to MP3; in my case I downloaded a free program from CNET.com that does that for me relatively painlessly, but I cannot understand why Tascam did not bother to even included that tidbit in the owners manual. Ease of Use: This is where the GB-10 shines, it is quite easy to use and you should be able to master its features in not time at all. Quality: It is a well made piece of gear and I am quite sure that it will last me for quite a while. Value: Despite its shortcomings, the GB-10 is well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed it yet. The Wow Factor: I am not sure if I would call this a "wow factor" but practicing along with MP3s is a lot easier that constantly fiddling with CDs. The nicest feature is that you can record yourself and upload the file in your music processing software quite easily; very nice. Overall: Tascam has come up with a winner but there are a few things to keep in mind folks. Let me start out by saying that as a bass player this evaluation is geared primarily towards other bass players as I really have no idea how the GB-10 will perform with a guitar so, without any further ado, the good, the bad and the ugly.

"Great practice Tool" submitted May 24, 2017

By Danny L. Osborne in North Wilkesboro, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Playing pedal steel guitar since 1971. I jam with our band mostly.
Music Style: Classic Country
Overall: Great for learning licks and runs. I have been playing pedal steel guitar since 1971 and I would've loved to have one of these when I started. I love the loop feature on the GB-10 for replaying the runs and licks you want to learn.

When you call, mention priority code 20X-CKJ8. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449