When you call, mention priority code 20C-BZ5S

Rating and Reviews: Tama Club Jam Drum Shell Kit

Incorporating design ideas from vintage drum sets along with modern improvements, the Tama Club Jam 4-piece shell kit is easy to transport and fun to play.

Overall

"First gig in the books!" submitted July 11, 2018

By David G in London, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Gigging drummer since 1983
Music Style: Rock, traditional country, blues
Overall: First gig in the books. Played the Pour House in Nashville. Set was originals and classic country covers. Thoughts so far, the toms sound fantastic. You wouldn’t know they were smallish, or that the 14 is only 7” deep.Bass drum, while it has a really good tone and punch (I ported the front head as I don’t care for a lot of tone in a bass drum) is noticeably lower volume than a standard bass size. Well duh, I know, but in many situations this is going to mean micing the bass where I didn’t have to before. Not an issue for tiny venues, but mid-size and larger, even when a full kit might not need mics, bring along a Beta-52.The stock snare (for me, my opinion only) is best left at home. I’m hanging onto it in case I sell the kit one day, but after only a minute playing it I swapped it out for my Pearl Omar Hakim 13”. It has a much richer body and wider tuning range, and also really fits in with the look of the kit with the wood grain hoops.The kit didn’t come with a bass drum platform. So I discovered that all of my pedals had too great a reach to get anywhere near the center of the bass drum. Even lowering the beater meant the bottom of the beater shaft hit the batter head.So I had to buy a Gibraltar platform to make my pedal compatible, adding $35 to the cost of the kit.Additionally I immediately replaced all the Tom heads with Evans G1-G2 as the stock heads are thin and obviously cost savers.The final alteration I plan to make is to replace the bass batter with an EMAD before the next gig.I’ve never heard a bass drum that wasn’t improved with an EMAD.With all this said, absolutely love the kit so far. Got constant praise just from the color alone, so also glad I went with the aqua blue despite initially wanting either the black or the natural. The best thing about the kit, and why anyone might buy it in the first place, is the compactness to sound ratio.Overall it truly sounds like you expect a drum kit to sound, but with a smaller footprint and far easier load in/out.This must be how guitarists feel!3 trips from the car to the stage, that’s it!1 for the shells (in bags)1 for the snare/hardware/cymbal bag1 for the throne/fanAnd none of them a heavy lift! Heck I even leave the bass drum legs and pedal platform on and in position and it fits neatly into the 22” drum bag I already own, so..

When you call, mention priority code 20C-BZ5S. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449