When you call, mention priority code 20W-77FX

Rating and Reviews: Takamine GN93CE Acoustic

The performance-ready Takamine GN93CE delivers silky smooth amplified tone thanks to its TK-40D preamp system and NEX-style body.

"A Very Nice Guitar For It's Price In All Respects" submitted June 6, 2018

By Paul L in ENGLEWOOD, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Experienced Guitarist, Bassist, Vocalist and semi-pro performing musician.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country Rock, Blue, R&B, Southern Soul and some solo acoustic genre thrown into the mix.
Sound: Tonally it's not a Taylor but it is damn close. It's well balanced tonally, crisp and clean, but lacks just a bit of the Taylor "sparkle". Not a bad thing for those who don't appreciate that about Taylors. The electronics are based on the TK-40D preamp and are quite good for a guitar in this price range. In fact I would call it's amplified sound one of it's strong points. One improvement I intend to make is replacing it's coated EXP strings with the Nickel/Bronze set I prefer. That should "wake it up" a bit more. Personally I feel mfgs should ditch these coated strings altogether. Feature: The TK-40D preamp has some very nice features not always found on A/E guitars in this price range like a 3 band EQ w/bypass, a mid contour, and an onboard notch filter to control feedback. The onboard tuner is also helpful although possibly not quite as accurate as a pedal tuner or hand held mini-tuner. Still, it's convenient and easy to read. Ease of Use: Amplified, which is how I intend to use it, it sounds quite good and the output from the pickup and preamp were stronger than I expected. The onboard EQ is effective but I also use a 7 band graphic EQ on my board and a TC BodyRez. Acoustic amplification has always been a Takamine strength. Playability is also quite good although I have a feeling I may want to lower the bridge saddle a bit to get it's action where I like. For many it would be perfect but I prefer lower action because I play with a lighter touch. Access to the truss rod is also quite easy even fully strung and the proper size hex wrench is provided. Quality: The fit and finish are flawless and the combination rosewood/maple back is both unique and attractive as is the maple body and neck trim. The tuners are adequate and the nut is well cut. Intonation is spot on to the 12th fret and the guitar also hold it's tuning well when capo'd. Altogether it has the type of high quality I would expect from a Takamine product. Value: Having considered this model along with others of a similar price including the 100 Series and GS Mini Taylors I found at this price point I preferred the Takamine. I have a number of friends and fellow players who have played Takamine models for 20 years or more and love them. In it's price range I'd give it 5 stars. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with Takamine directly. The Wow Factor: The unique combination of rosewood and maple in the body and the maple trim make it a very attractive guitar. That coupled with a full featured quality preamp make it a very nice guitar for performing. Overall: First of all I'll admit to being a long time Taylor player and have owned three. I recently sold my 214ce-dlx to my son-in-law and needed to replace it with another layered or laminate body A/E while I await Taylor's conversion of all of their new models to "V" bracing. I chose the GN93CE based on it's value and the reputation of Takamine as a builder of high quality acoustics and I'm not at all disappointed.

"Takamine GN93CE" submitted January 25, 2018

By James Lashbrooks in French Lick, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing for about 54 years. Have played for money.. Mostly play at home or jam with friends at a local club.
Music Style: Older rock, folk, country, classical, blues, gospel. Just happen to like music, whatever it is!
Overall: Wow! I've been playing since I was 12 years old (I'm 66 now!) and I've owned a few guitars, a D-28 Martin, a Hummingbird, a Les Paul, and many others. But, I have to say this Takamine has turned into my "Go Tp' instrument. The tone, the feel, the playability of this guitar have made it my favorite. Easy on the ears and the fingers. I play a lot of older rock, folk (from the 60's), country and gospel. This guitar fits them all without breaking the bank! Thank you Takamine and zZounds for outstanding service!

"AMAZING GUITAR!!!!!!!" submitted September 5, 2018

By FRANK L in OAK FOREST, IL
Musical Background: YEARS
Music Style: ROCK, COUNTRY
Overall: Got this guitar on Friday packed well and arrived great. From the minute I opened this guitar it was stunning. The woodwork alone is amazing. Something you don't even get on guitars twice the price. I had been shopping for a new acoustic/electric and went and tried out several. I even tried a couple in the 1800 dollar range that did not sound this good. Has a great depth of sound and its clear not a muddy sound. Just plain amazing and I highly recommend this guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-77FX. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST