Takamine GJ72CE Jumbo Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar, 12-String

Takamine GJ72CE Jumbo Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar, 12-String

Achieve powerful, shimmering 12-string tone from the solid spruce and flamed maple constructed jumbo body of the affordable Takamine GJ72CE.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 1, 2021 by Mikki Kennedy-LeFae in Colorado Springs, CO
"Takamine Jumbo 12-string"
The GJ2CE is a surprise... right from the get go. Fit and finish is flawless, the sound is everything you could want and more. Setup is spot on. It plays like butter. It's my first Takamine, and I can say it will not be my last.
The GJ2CE has the full bodied, chiming ring, you would expect from a 12-string, (unpluged). But, the minute you plug in, the GJ2CE explodes into full voice, rich full lows, solid mids, and full shimmering ringing highs. The sound is extremely sensitive to your picking attack, from subtle, to booming in your face, and everything in between. The sound quality is that of a guitar 3 to 4 times the price.
There really isn't anything superfluous, feature wise, on the GJ2CE. It is well and efficiently designed. The spruce and flame maple used in construction are, not only beautiful, but a great choice of tone wood. All of which, contribute to its gorgeous appearance and sound.
Getting great sound was easy as, unboxing, tuning and playing it. I cannot describe the feeling, when I plugged it in. Everything I expect from a 12-string, was there and so much more.
The GJ2CE's build is flawless. This will turn heads. I look forward to unleashing its voice on stage.
The GJ2CE is more than worth its price. It is a solid value, a true bargain.
Have not needed to consult Takamine.
The GJ2CE is a beautiful guitar. But its sound is what I love. There is something about an acoustic 12-string that simply stirs my soul.
Professional musician. Founder, Rhythm Guitar, Singer Songwriter, for Blood Rose.
Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Celtic Rock, Symphonic Celtic Rock, Symphonic Metal.

Submitted May 31, 2018 by TJ Valion in Oneonta, NY
"Best bang for your buck!"
I was hesitant about purchasing a guitar that I have never tested in store. After reading online reviews of acoustic electric 12 strings, I took a chance on this guitar. Very glad I did. The full body gives an amazingly rich sound. Very well balanced highs, mids, and lows. The setup out of the box was spot-on for me. It had a low action that is very comfortable for guys like me that play allot of electric guitar. Takamine has a reputation for making great acoustic guitars. They certainly didn't fall short here. The electronics are top-end with a built in tuner that works very well. Absolutely a great product.
5 years
All styles. Classical rock mostly.
36 of 40 people (90%) people found this review helpful. Did you?