map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-464J

Rating and Reviews: Steinberger GT-PRO Quilt

The headless guitar rides again! This Steinberger GT-Pro features custom pickups, a lightweight poplar body, and locking tremolo system.

"Wow, quite a bargain!" submitted May 12, 2018

By Cid N. in Redmond, WA
Musical Background: Ex-semi-pro
Music Style: Mostly classic rock when I play electric, and mostly fingerstyle when I play acoustic.
Overall: I had one of the originals, back in the 80's. These aren't Carbon Graphite, don't have EMS active pickups, and lack a Trans-Trem. That being said, it's an awesome little guitar! The only thing I had to do was lower the action, after that, she played and sounded incredible! And the Wine Quilt-top is absolutely gorgeous. Combine that with the unbelievably low price, and it's practically untouchable. Needless to say, I now own two.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Many Issues" submitted July 16, 2019

By Steve W. in Stuart, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing 35 years. I currently own 29 guitars. My favorites tend to be the super strats
Music Style: 80s Thrash Metal, classic rock, some modern metal, a little bit of jazz and blues
Overall: I wasn't counting on this being my main player and it's a good thing! There are a LOT of issues I've had to deal with. Biggest complaint - if you happen to use a pick with your right hand (a few of us do) then the volume knob couldn't possibly be in a worse location. It is perfectly in the way. I tucked my tone pot into the cavity and moved the volume pot into the lower position. The bridge creaked and squeaked loudly with the slightest touch. I few drops of oil fixed that. The head piece that receives the strings is attached off center. Luckily I could still get to the truss rod adjustment ok. (just barely) The direct drive tuners are extremely difficult to turn once there is full tension on the strings. There is enough tension that making precise adjustments is difficult.I have had a hard time bringing the action down to an acceptable level. I don't like super low action, but getting even a moderate setup has been challenging. I've had to put almost a full turn of relief into the neck and I'm still getting fret buzz on the first 7 to 9 frets on the low E and A strings. Again, I'm not going for super low...The sound of the stock pickups is weak, dark and pretty muddy. I'm not usually fussy about pickups and I didn't believe other reviews that said these weren't good but I have to agree. They're not great.On the plus side, I do actually kind of like the guitar. The size is fantastic. It comes with this cute little gig bag and you feel like you're carrying a violin. With the list of issues mostly sorted it plays ok now. I LOVE how easy it is to adjust the intonation! I'm betting the original carbon composite version of these from the 80s were great. This one is just suffering from a manufacturer who doesn't care about this brand and isn't paying attention to the details.

"Nothing like the 80's" submitted May 11, 2020

By Matt R.
Overall
Musical Background: Experienced guitar player - 20+ years.
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, jazz
Overall: I used to own a Steinberger from the 80's; it was one of my favorite guitars of all time. I was pleased to see Steinberger released a lower cost version of their guitar, but the reduction in cost reflects heavily in the value.Like other reviewers are mentioning, the action came unreasonably high. Even when trying to adjust it, it was met with string buzzing and intonation issues. The volume knob is so close to the strings that it can be incredibly easy to move it while playing. If you tend to rest any fingers on the guitar while playing, this will easily get in your way.The biggest let down of all is the loss of the EMG pickups. The pickups in this version just don't have the same sound. I can really only recommend this guitar if you are a fan of the design of the instrument, or looking for something on a budget. I wouldn't say it's worth it to buy it and modify the hardware; you're better off just finding a used steinberger from the 80's. It'll be much more expensive, but the difference is night and day.

"New quilt top" submitted February 22, 2020

By Dj C. in Tucson, AZ
Music Style: All
Overall: Mine came pretty nice. The fret board has a small amount of the lacquer on the edge and the 5th position on the 5 way switch was dead! Cleaned and removed any new debris and works fine now. As with all guitars it need led to be customized to my likings, lowering action and setting up. She was a handful at first but, when I let her sing and relaxed, Boy want a good playing and sounding guitar. Yes there is always challenges when playing a non traditional guitar but. Worth overcoming if your a fan of the Headless guitars which I and many are. I’ve had a few and by far this one kicks but over the compition.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-464J. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Domingo 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: