Squier Classic Vibe '70s Jaguar Electric Guitar, with Laurel Fingerboard
LAST ONE

Squier Classic Vibe '70s Jaguar Electric Guitar, with Laurel Fingerboard

Get a taste of the real thing with this wallet-friendly Squier Jaguar! The bound laurel fingerboard features pearloid block inlays for period-correct style.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 3, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Best Buy jaguar under a grand"
A big improvement over the vintage modified. Mustang bridge is a must from the old saddles. Having owned a few higher end fender jags I always feel the classic vibe series as far as jazz, jags and strats go hold their own so well that The fenders aren’t a must have as the quality here is tough to beat on any sub 1000$ jaguars.Pickups sound correct and the guitar looks and feels well made. A set up is necessary but always is. I see myself playing this for years to come.
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 12, 2020 by Angela H in Lyles, TN
"Needed some adjustments"
Guitar came everything worked but could not be played due to the strings to low and laid on the neck. Had it adjusted and it sounds and plays well.
Started playing at 7 years old, I am not 52
All rock to blue grass

Submitted May 16, 2019 by a customer from gmail.com
"Squie Classic Vibe '70s Jaguar"
I researched Poplar as a tone wood before buying this. Sites said Poplar doesn't have much sustain, it's there. It's not as much as Bass or Alder. That said I love the sound of this guitar! I will say this if there were ever a guitar made for effects this one is! I play it through a Buyer's BC15 and a Fender Champion 20 (I'm very interested in hearing it play through a Champion 100) the BC15 is bare bones just gain tone volume. This May sounds great through it. Played through the Champion I'm using chorus and reverb, they really and some life to its sound. The intonation is spot on from Indonesia as well as the action, a pleasant surprise! To get any distortion you'll need the gain on your amp on 5-10 then use your guitar volume to really kick it in. Fit and finish are excellent. I wish I knew how many magnets were in the pups. I'm not certain they are alnico 5s they just don't seem hot enough to be 5s. Fenders site says the same as here on zZ Fender designed alnico single coil pups. This guitar is definitely worth checking out. That said Jaguars are not for every player. This is my 3rd Jag ( 1st traditional configuration) my other ones are a Fender Player Series and a Squier Vintage Modified Jag with humbuckers. Before I forget! This is also my first dealings with tall narrow frets, I love them! Speaking of frets they're finished very nicely, no buzz on any fret or string. I like the Laurel fretboard better than a Pau Ferro one. To me it feels more like rosewood. I like the tone cut switch on it, it reminds me of a fat switch. I'm not quite sure, however the bridge looks like a Mustang style bridge. Squier hit a home run with this guitar, IMHO... Thanks for carrying this one zZounds!,
Bedroom Rock Star lol!
5 of 8 people (63%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 17, 2019 by joe b in hatfield, MA
"love the 70's look..."
...but i wouldn't get a Jag/JM as a sort of 'first' instrument(these Squier's are playable enough for any level),the bridge and tremolo setup for tuning stability is a pain-due to the Mustang bridge /saddles these are better than straight vintage type,though. I had a VM Squier Jag as well, it may have been a slight bit better fit and finish but this one looks way cooler & the new pickups sound a little better to me than on the VM Jag....if it's your first guitar, maybe go for the Tele or Strat?
working pro
pop/rock/soul/roots,and others
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?