Squier Classic Vibe '70s Stratocaster Electric Guitar

Squier Classic Vibe '70s Stratocaster Electric Guitar

Capture the sound and style of the '70s! This Squier Classic Vibe Strat has the era-defining large headstock and a trio of alnico single-coil pickups.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 8, 2021 by Lewis L in New Casto, DE
"Lives up to the hype"
I finally put it down long enough to write this review, looks, feels and sounds like a much more expensive guitar. Vintage strat “mojo” for days. Set up was perfect right out of the box. Fret edges are very smooth. The only gripes I have are very minor, the second tone knob was wired the old strat way, no control for bridge pickup. Based on a review video I thought it was supposed to work. But I’m used to it that way from my other strats, my second gripe was the trem, very stiff until broken in. Still stiffer than my other guitars but I was able to do deep dive bomb type bends and the guitar stayed in perfect tune. Love the pickups, don’t see anything I want to mod. No shame for playing a Squire. It sounds so awesome, people will either think I modded it or I’m such a good player that I can make anything sound good.
I have already recommended this guitar to a good friend of mine and fellow collector
Super low action, makes you want to keep playing.
Sounds great, I had considered getting a Squire Affinity and then swapping out the pups but this is like it was already done. Even considering the law of diminishing returns this guitar is well worth the price difference, it’s the more expensive guitars that would be hard to justify. I’ve had really good mim strats that didn’t measure up. I played a really nice Vintera not long ago and prefer this.
BANG!!! for buck