When you call, mention priority code 20K-NW96

Rating and Reviews: Squier Deluxe Hot Rails Strat

Need more sustain in your tone? The Squier Deluxe Hot Rails Stratocaster features the classic Fender design with Duncan Designed HR-101 Hot Rail pickups.

"Fusion heaven" submitted July 22, 2018

By Tom B in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been gigging and teaching for 30 years. I am a guitar player who plays strictly Strat style guitars
Music Style: I'm a Blues fanatic, but I've heavily gotten into Jazz Fusion.
Overall: I've mentioned before my appreciation of zZounds' customer service. That's why I'm shopping with them. On to the guitar...the build quality seems to be quite good. The fret ends are a bit sharp, but I'm in the minority as to liking sharper fret ends. My eyesight isn't the best, and it helps to feel where I am on the neck. The neck itself is perfectly smooth for me. It doesn't feel sticky or difficult to play, so that's a plus. The body's finish is really nice, in my opinion. I believe it's also a full body, so that's another plus. I haven't pulled the pickguard off to see if the wiring is correct as had been mentioned in countless other reviews. I think the sound is correct, so there's no reason for me to pull the pickguard unless I want to change pickups. That's not happening anytime soon. I've been a single coil player for 3 decades, but I've started getting into Jazz Fusion, so I thought humbuckers might be a good idea to delve into. Other reviews I've read have stated these Duncan Designed Hot Rails have a sound all their own, and I think that's a fairly accurate description of the sounds these pickups produce. Seeing as though they are hot pickups, they don't clean up as well as other humbuckers, but they DO retain the warmth of humbuckers and manage to keep a good amount of chime and quack. I don't really care for distortion, but these will certainly give one a really good metal sound. I much prefer overdrive, and the Duncan Designed Hot Rails don't go too far. The height of the pickups do, however, matter. Have them too high, and they can easily send a clean valve amp into overdrive. Would I gig with this Strat? Absolutely. Here ends my 2 cents' worth.

"HSH" submitted August 2, 2018

By Christopher Thomas in Louisville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I play at home. Been playing for years.
Music Style: Mostly metal type stuff. Danzig. Slayer. Etc.
Overall: This guitar is routed HSH. So I was able to put 2 humbuckers in it. The bridge height screws take an allen head instead of a flathead which is nice. That part is better than the contemporary series. The back of the neck is unfinished and that is nice. The frets are. Just a little rough but not bad. The rosewood is nice. The intonation is good. Overall I am pleased. I have had about every kind of strat they make and I like this and the bullet the best. ( for the money).

When you call, mention priority code 20K-NW96. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST