map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-2QC9

Rating and Reviews: Squier Contemporary Strat HH

Made for the modern player, this Contemporary Series Strat features a pair of high-output humbuckers, 12" radius maple fingerboard, and matching headstock.

"Great Platform For Modding" submitted January 25, 2020

By Mark G. in Metairie, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Former semi-pro now a stay-at-home jammer.
Music Style: Rock, rock & rock.
Overall: For the price this guitar is an awesome platform for hot-rodding but before I go any further I have to give a shout-out to zZounds. This guitar was delivered just 21 hours and 3 minutes after I placed my order. That has to be a record for speedy delivery.I bought the metallic red model and it's a much deeper and richer color than appears in the ad photos.Out of the box my experience with this guitar was totally different than what the other reviewer encountered; the setup on mine was without issue. The string height was fine and the intonation was spot-on. The tuners are good enough, the nut was properly slotted, and the fret ends were smooth unlike a Fender Player Series Strat I used to own where it felt like I was grabbing a spool of barbed wire.I love everything about this guitar except for the pickups. I honestly think they sound horrible. I generally prefer "vintage-voiced" pickups and bought this model with the intention of changing it to a "SSS" configuration so I wasn't bothered by the pickups. Having said that, the bridge pickup didn't sounded too bad with the gain cranked (tested through a Marshall DSL1 & Orange Crush 20) but on clean settings... No, thank you. I installed a set of Fender Pure Vintage 59's and haven't looked back.For anyone wanting to modify this model I can tell you an aftermarket Fender Strat pickguard fits almost perfectly. I only had to reposition one of the eleven screws.The stock wiring harness is wholly unsuited for a three pickup rig, btw.I block the tremolo units on most of my Strats so I can't really comment on the two point bridge but it did feel pretty smooth when I played with it before adding two more springs and tightening the claw screws to lock it in place.So, basically this is another fantastic offering from Squier. I also have the Contemporary HH Telecaster, also now hot-rodded, and my experience was the same.I think my favorite feature are the slender satin finished necks. I don't have gigantic hands so these slender and silky smooth necks are among the most comfortable that I've ever played. That they have 22 frets and a 12" radius only makes them better.For anyone interested in such details, the Contemporary Series is currently 'crafted in China' and their quality is superb.

"Awesome" submitted April 5, 2020

By Christopher T. in Louisville, KY
Overall
Music Style: Heavy old school metal. Iron Maiden. Danzig. Slayer etc.
Overall: I've had several of these. I found I can't beat any of the Squier guitars. This one I took the stock pickgaurd off. Put on a black matte loaded with the Duncan distiorn set. Changed the strings to 10s. Tightened the truss just a bit. Now it's awesome.its a cheaper option to the charvel guitar that cost over twice as much. This guitar sounds great even unplugged. Absolutely love it.

"Set-up required." submitted April 21, 2018

By Christopher T. in Louisville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I have played a little for 25 years.
Music Style: I like older metal. Iron maiden, metallica, Danzig, slayer, megadeath.
Overall: At first I was wishing I would have gotten the tele. The action was way high. Great looking guitar though and it had good tone so I changed the 9s to 10s. Lowered the bridge which at first I thought should have lowered more. Then I added 2 more springs to the trem to lock it out. Then I had to lower each individual saddle. Next I tightened the truss rod which was way loose. I had to turn it a couple times just to engage it. Then on to the intonation which was spot on. Now I like the guitar. The action is still a little high for me but no buzzing out anywhere. I am changing the pickgaurd to black and the pickups to Duncan's . the one's in it are ok. Dark sounding .overall I compare this to the American series strat and I find this is a way better but.
11 of 18 people (61.11%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-2QC9. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Domingo 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: