When you call, mention priority code 20B-X3Q4
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Squier '60s Stratocaster

The Squier Classic Vibe '60s Stratocaster brings you back to an adventurous decade of music. With retro looks and sound, the Classic Vibe '60s Strat rocks.

"Super Value, super tone" submitted July 23, 2012

By Brian M in Lancaster, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur, jam at home and with friends. Also play mandolin, ukulele, banjo...
Music Style: Blues, rock, classical, Celtic and world
Overall: Over the years I've owned a Fender Tele 62 reissue, two MIJ Strats, a MIM Strat, a LP and a hand full of Carvins. Honestly, the Squire Classic Vibe '60s easily holds it's own with them for a fraction of the price. Mine looks like it came straight from the factory with no second party setup. But that was no problem - action was butter smooth. After a couple of days I had to adjust the truss as the guitar settled into my heat and humidity.The build is top notch - finish is flawless, very nice fret work (no sharp ends), nice rosewood. And the tone - oh man, that tone is marvelous. I'm not one for the brittle brightness that some Strats can have on the bridge PU. This one has nice gutsy bright tones that are quite usable. And the warmer clean tones with the center and neck PUs are vintage 60's Strat all the way. Add a little distortion into the mix and you have some really satisfying blues, rock and fusion - an extremely wide range of sounds to work with.All the positive reviews are not hype - this is a tremendous guitar, and an absolute steal for $355. I'd buy another in a second if I lost this one.

"Wow! Great value and stunning quality for the price." submitted January 9, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, now, but actively played for over 30 years.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Soft Rock, Original, Blues
Sound: I have been playing since before Woodstock (the first one) and I have played practically every vintage and collector's model Fender over those years. I currently have a '60s Telecaster (an original, not a reissue) and an Eric Johnson strat. This 60's Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster plays and sounds better than the Tele, and sounds as good (OK, in a different way) and plays very nearly as well as the EJ for a fraction of the price. To be honest, I since I bought the guitar, I play it all of the time and the other two Fenders are sleeping peacefully in their cases. Feature: The neck is not exactly like the EJ Strat, which I love, but reminds me more of my '62 Jazzmaster than any guitar that I have ever played. The CV Squier Strat stays in tune for days at a time and is a pleasure to pick up and play. Say what you want about crafted in China guitars, but the finish on this Strat would put any 70s-80s Fender to shame--it is flawless. Ease of Use: The CV Squier has a very interesting crunchy sound that is much more powerful and full than the original 50s and 60s Strats. Quality: I am in awe of the quality in this guitar--for any price. Value: Seriously? I challenge anyone to find a better value on the market today. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed support. However, Fender has been very responsive to my inquiries and requests in the past. The Wow Factor: It a beautifully rendered example of classic Fender styling. Overall: I am thinking of selling off my other Fenders and keeping this one, and maybe a Classic Vibe Tele.
46 of 48 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"In a nutshell....this guitar plays well right out of the box. Be sure and take off your "protection" plastic before playing it" submitted April 27, 2011

Musical Background: 36 years Hobbyist and Active Musician
Music Style: Don Rich / Roy Nichols Country
Sound: Satisfied with the wonderful sound. Feature: For me.....the least useful feature is the whammy bar...but after test playing all the squiers in the local music store....this 60's strat won out by great playability and looks. Very satisfied. Ease of Use: Plays like a dream to me. I'm a satisfied customer! Quality: Yes....beautifully made and I've got confidence I'll not trade this guitar in like I have other guitars in the past. Really appreciate the workmanship! Value: Yes.....very good value. Unless your a Paid Professional...what other need would you have for anything greater! This is a really good guitar and will satisfy the hobbyist or active amateur musician! Manufacturer Support: Have had not dealings with Fender or anyone connected with the production of this product. The Wow Factor: Very appealing to the eye and to the hands. Overall: Plan on keeping it as my last electric guitar I'll ever need unless product should fail some years down the road! Great guitar!

"Found my sanity writing love songs with this instrument" submitted September 19, 2017

By Jennifer S in Canton, NY
Overall
Musical Background: About eight years and above. Have played guitars, tried out viola, played pianos and keyboards. Play home write songs
Music Style: Hard to place genre idea as I tend to choose unusual ways of playing outside of tradition. But I'll do my best: Christian, folk,
Overall: Ever since I got to know this guitar taking time to bond with it I found its bright but warm tones had an effect on me that I never had before with other guitars. It's actually immensely transcending and has been instrumental in my healing from things I needed to heal from. Working on some songs with it now and it's been good for me and helps me rest deeply and meditate on genuine love as I always need to. Music is a spiritual thing of the soul and I feel that instruments are a sort of extension of people's souls. Whoever invented Strats is a genius because those bright tones reduce pain and heal me with its penetrating transcendent affects/effects. I noticed that when I'd listen to George Harrison play on his Strat. On top of that its smaller neck and bendable strings are perfect for my little hands. I don't get sore in the wrist anymore. And Strats are comfy the way they're structured so no more awkward playing when I want to relax in my recliner or wandering about the house. My favorite pickups are 2 and 5 so lovely the vibes in the tones.

"Squire Classic Vibe Strat" submitted August 16, 2017

By James M in Goldsboro, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Recently started playing again from a long absence due to health reasons
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Jazz and Country
Overall: Top knotch Strat! Well worth every penny. Set up perfect right out of the box! Finish and action was perfect with a few minor tweeks. Love my strat and have owned Fender strat in the past and this guitar is hands down very playable and sounds great with stock pickups. Even bought the Classic Vibe Tele that is simply out of this world! zZounds will get all my musical needs in the future for sure and with the play as you pay makes it much easier for me to afford.

"This guitar is worth every penny I paid for it, and more!" submitted July 7, 2010

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: intermediate
Music Style: Blues, Rock, 60s, 70s
Sound: I just got this strat delivered yesterday, I am very impressed with the sound,and I am playing through an old Yamaha G5 amp with a 6.5 speaker! The Strat sound comes shining through, I feel I got a lot more guitar for what it costs. I tried several of the other squiers, and they just didn't have the sound I was looking for, the CV 60s Start has it and more. I mostly play blues, some rock, 60s, 70s, and this guitar fills my needs so far, like I said I have only had it 1 day, but would buy it again, try one I think you will be as surprised as I am. Feature: Features...well everything I was expecting, neck plays greats and the finish of the edges of the frets impressed me, not like any of the other squiers I tried, controls are easy to use, the Alnico V pickups sound awesome, tuners work well and hold it in tune so far, a quality guitar all around! Ease of Use: I had read several reviews on other sites, saying right out of the box the setup was good, and after getting mine yesterday, I have to agree wholeheartedly! Once I tuned it up, I check every fret for buzz, none! The action is just right for me, very easy to play, and get the different start sounds I was looking for. I haven't tried the tremolo yet, but will soon, all in all a very impressive guitar for the money! Quality: I am very pleased with the all around quality of this guitar, had it out of the box and playing in no time, the Alnico 5 pickups sounds fantastic, the rosewood fingerboard is finished well as are the fret edges. The finish is beautiful! I got the 3 tone sunburst, and an very happy with the looks. For the cost of this guitar, every aspect of it has the feel and playability of a Strat costing 1,000's! I expect to own this guitar for years to come, and expect it to last a long time. Value: This guitar is worth every penny I paid for it and more! Better than any Mexican start I tried and some of the lower end Americans, truthfully! Manufacturer Support: Only owned it 1 day, I don't expect to need support, but I understand Fender has great support. The Wow Factor: Great looking guitar, finish is great, classic Fender design, looks very appealing. Overall: I am very pleased with this guitar, plan on owning it for along time. It gives me the Strat sounds I was looking for, for a lot less money than I thought I would have to spend. The finish, the sound, the playability is incredible!

"great buy" submitted July 13, 2016

By a customer from yahoo.com in huntington , WV
Overall
Music Style: rock blues, r and b
Overall: i dont know why anyone would by a Mexican made strat when the classic vibe is purely a better option. I have never had an american made strat, just cant justify the cost. I have had 3 mexican made and just got a classic vibe it is superior in every way.

"BEST STRAT FOR THE VALUE!" submitted May 5, 2017

By Allen P in Dayton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: playing music for 18years, I'm mainly a songwriter and I play/learn guitar.
Music Style: Slack-Key, Blues, Jazz, Rock, Progressive, Intrumental, Metal, Reggae, RnB, and pop.
Overall: Great build and really affordable!! If you love to play all types of music and hates switching between guitars without waking the baby in the other room. THEN BUY THIS! and you wont feel bad modding this if its your first time using a soldering iron. Great guitar for beginners and the experienced.

"Squier Vibe 60's Stratocaster" submitted July 8, 2012

By Deb H in Henderson, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for over 40 years, play guitar, bass and drums, play professionally and at church.
Music Style: Christian, rock, country, blues, classics.
Overall: I was really looking forward to receiving this guitar. (I already own the Vibe 60's Telecaster and have modded it to perfect, loading it with Barden pickups and a black pickguard, I upgraded to CTS pots and new switch, and installed a Bigsby B5) However, the one that I received had two major flaws. There were two bad glue joints in the body and the finish there was not looking very good. You could see the joints front and back, meaning the glue joint was not glued correctly. The finish was showing the problem area like a neon light pointing to it. :-( So, I sent it back. But, other than that, the guitar was awesome. It would be a nice one to upgrade the electronics and pickups and enjoy the heck out of it. I will buy another one, but from a local dealer so I can inspect it first. Zzounds took care of my return in a very fast. courteous, and professional manner. I will do business again very soon with them.

"Outstanding Quality at an Affordable Price" submitted March 29, 2015

By Dennis H in Mount Olive, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, Drums, keyboard.
Music Style: Country and Southern Rock
Overall: The Squier Classic Vibe 60s Stratocaster is a real pleasure to play. With it's attention to detail, from finish to a very low action, this axe is outstanding for any genre.

"If you are a Fender Player I would for sure buy one of these before I bought a New American made !!!!!!" submitted October 24, 2011

Music Style: Blues,Classic Rock
Sound: I rated the sound a 8 only because of the pickups were alittle to Bright on the Bridge pickup along. It sounded Miles ahead of any Squier I've ever played. When I got it home I hooked it up to a Fender Blues Junior and Wow !!! It had it. The neck I must have gotten the Cream of the Crop, as their is hardly a piece of Grain in it, it must have come from the center of the Tree. I would'nt take what I paid for it just for the neck "Perfect" it looks more like Flamed Maple. Feature: I am a Professional Musician and knew that if I changed out the Control Pots to full size 250k Cts on the Volume and Tone Pots as well as a new Fender 5-way switch and use the Vintage cloth wiring with a .022 Capacitor. as well as the 5-way switch and wired it so the Bridge pickup uses the # 2 Tone Control. I also changed the Tremolo Block out with a Full Bodied Block. The Sound with the stock pickups were Incrediable after that, also copper shielded the Body Cavity and the pickguard. I am a Guitar Tech so I reset the string height with a radius guage which it was out alittle and adjusted the pickup heights to Fender specs which were set to low New. After that "Words can't describe what $50.00 worth of parts done for it, I would put it upside my John Mayer and SRV Strat. I suggest checking the string radius and pickup heights even if you keep every thing under the hood stock,that alone made a Huge Difference.Like I say a well setup Squire will out play a poorly setup Custom Shop Guitar. Just a few tips.Tuners work Great.Now I put it upside any I have ever owned. Ease of Use: I would suggest doing the above Mods it will Money well Spend, after all that's all that seperates it from a American Strat, because it sure not the Quality of the neck,body or pickups.The wider neck makes it feel like a True USA Strat, but to me feels better.I also took some 1500 grit 3m finishing pads and scuff down the back of the neck and finished up with 2000 grit 3m finishing pads to make the Poly finish as fast as one could ever get. After that there is no better. Quality: The Guitar Candy Apple Red vibe 60 finish is Awesome as well as the Vintage colored neck. Pickups Great. It's Great right from the Go, it's just always better to reset up a guitar any guitar when you get because the factory sets them up neutral.I will use this guitar to gig especially after I changed out the above Mods.If anything goes it will probaly be the tuners but that will be a while,because they stay in tune as well as my locking tuners. Value: For the Money,I challenge anyone to find a better built or sounding guitar. Manufacturer Support: I have had to use them in the past and they are fast to respond, as you can find most anything you need to know in the Fender Forum. The Wow Factor: Yes, it has all of the above and more.... Overall: I will own it forever,it's built better than the MIM as for as I am cocern and most of the Rest especially the Road Worn or Pawn Shop Series.

"If You Spent More Than $350 On Your Last Strat Then You May Not Want To Read This Review..." submitted November 6, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, been in the music retail business a number of years
Music Style: everything from blues to metal
Sound: This is the real Strat sound I've been after for many years. There's been much discussion about who actually makes these pickups (Fender? Tonerider?...) but I don't care who makes them, they get the job done. These are Alnico 5 magnet pickups which means they're a little warmer than the Alnico 3's in the Classic Vibe 50's Strat (which I also own). That, combined with the rosewood fretboard, create a much richer, less biting sound than the 50's CV. More midrange to it on all 5 positions. I actually find the bridge pickup quite useable, something I've never been able to say about any Strat I've ever owned before. Every MIM and most US Strats I've owned/played the bridge pickup has always sounded too shrill to me. There's very little hum on positions 1, 3, and 5 and none at all on positions 2 and 4 due to the hum cancelling of two pickups wired in reverse polarity. Feature: It's a Strat. Nothing more and nothing less. Alnico 5 pickups, 5 way selector, as opposed to the original 60's Strat (and Fender Custom Shop Time Machine) 3 way selector. I don't really use the trem that much so I can't really comment on that feature. Oh, and the truss rod adjustment is on the headstock as opposed to the body end of the neck, which is what I really hated about my Custom Shop 60's Strats so you don't have to remove the neck to do a simple truss rod adjustment. Ease of Use: Easy to get any great Strat sounds out of this guitar. Of course it also depends on the rest of your rig as well... Quality: This is what floored me about this guitar. Made in China? Squier? At this point most people would think "oh well..." but the quality of this guitar is amazing. The neck and frets are flawless. The finish is flawless. The hardware is pretty solid and the electronics are top of the line. The woods are the best I've seen on any Fender product in a long time. Everything is well put together and fits tight. It just feels like a top of the line quality instrument. Value: I can just imagine this scene at Fender HQ: "Congratulations on your work on heading up the Classic Vibe project Wilson. They've been so successful that we're going to double your salary. Unfortunately they've been so successful that we may never sell another MIM guitar ever again and probably a lot fewer American guitars than we would have, so unfortunately we're also going to have to fire you." Well, I don't think that would ever happen, but I'm convinced that these guitars compare better than MIM's and will give the USA's a run for their money at about one third to one quarter of the price. If you're worried about the Squier name on the headstock then feel free to spend a lot more on something else and probably receive a lot less than what you paid for relatively speaking. Manufacturer Support: Never needed support from them. However all Squier products are covered by Fender's five year transferable warranty. The Wow Factor: Having heard so many good things about these I wanted to try one for a while. Finally I just went ahead and ordered it and I'm so glad I did! Overall: These Classic Vibes are serious tone monsters and at a cost that puts them well within the reach of most musicians. I played my very first Strat in 1968 and I've been playing them ever since. This one is one of the best I've played. Fender did a great service to us all by introducing this product line. The CV 60s Strat gives me a sound that I've been hearing in my head for a long time while not breaking the bank. It feels great, looks great and sounds great.

"Betta HURRY!" submitted November 8, 2010

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: All
Sound: EXTREMELY VERSATILE sounds! Great punch, clarity, throughout! This guitar is a COMPLETE SURPRISE! WOW, the SOUNDS along with the QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP throughout is top notch! This guitar is more than likely going to be shelved soon as the quality is just TOO GOOD! I have a one piece neck with an AWESOME grain pattern! I think quite possibly my CV is a CUT ABOVE the American made!!! Feature: These alnico 5's are perfect!! The tone controls work throughout the range! Ease of Use: It is a player for sure! SHREDS! PERFECT! Quality: OMG! SURPRISE! This is built like the American made but even better QUALITY! I will probably change the trem block to increase sustain but really don't think it will make a big difference as this guitar is AMAZING! Value: This is worth a lot more than the price! As I say doubt any custom would play better or sound better! This is a KEEPER! Manufacturer Support: Never needed to reach them and hopefully never will! The Wow Factor: I WANT THEM ALL! Overall: Go ahead and try like I have! Almost 30 guitars later I decided to try a cheap one! I feel I threw away $$$$$ on the others but this one has SOUND!!!

"Squier CV 60's Strat" submitted March 18, 2012

By Anthony F in NYC, NY
Musical Background: Playing pro and semi pro since the 1960's
Music Style: blues, country, city folk, classic rock, pop,jazz
Overall: I originally wanted a Fender classic series strat but didn't want to spend the $700 as I'm retired from club dates and touring being a geezer. I was hankering for a strat again not having one so after read ind the great reviews of the CV series I gave it a shot. I was totally impressed with this guitar. in both fit and finish and tone. Having owned US and Mexican fenders I have to say this CV Squier holds it's own and then some. I would take this over a standard Fender (not classic series) strat any-day.

"Bad guitar but great cooperation from ZZounds" submitted May 13, 2012

By Glenn L. Baker in Chillicothe, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 60 years, now retired and play for a hobby.
Music Style: Good old country, rock and roll and rock-a-billy
Overall: It wasn't ZZzounds fault that after 2 weeks of trying that I couldn't set this guitar up, it was a bad one form the factory and ZZounds let me return it for a full refund and I thank them for that plus many thanks for their great service on this deal. Usually all Classic Vibe line of guitars are great but lucky me got a dud.

"VHT special 6 ultra" submitted February 4, 2014

By Anthony F in Long Island, NY
Musical Background: some pro mostly semi pro
Music Style: blues / country / americana / city folk most anything that's good.
Overall: the tone is outstanding! much warmer and bigger tone than my pro jr. great features also.

"Squier CV 60's strat" submitted February 4, 2014

By Anthony F in Long Island, NY
Musical Background: some pro mostly semi pro
Music Style: most styles mainly blues though.
Overall: absolutely an pro quality guitar with plenty of fender vibe.

"INCREDIBLE GUITAR FOR ANY LEVEL PLAYER WITH ANY SIZE WALLET!" submitted January 26, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist.
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Blues..
Sound: It's an amazing guitar i went into the store and played the whole classic vibe line and ended up buying the 50's and 60's. They sound great through a Micro Cube with a bit of reverb and even better through a fender champ 600 with holy grail reverb. I was looking at they new MIM standard, the fender classic 50's which is also MIM but definately a must buy for me someday i love the daphne blue. but for 299 bucks the squier classic vibes sound just as good as the fender classic 50's and far superior to any MIM standard. Feature: Everything is awesome. I have a squier standard strat and changed all the electronics and pickups. This piece needs nothing! Alnico 5 pickups, kluson-like tuning machines, glossy neck, classic pre-CBS headstock which i prefer. The only thing i don't like is the pickup switch but that's just cosmetic, I prefer the bigger fender switches. Still does it's job and doesn't feel flimsy. Ease of Use: Came set up ok, the action's not too bad, a little higher than i like. Set it up for 11's and you have an SRV/Hendrix-like sound. Quality: For the money, the finish, hardware and plastic parts are incredible. Looks and feels like a $1000+ instrument regardless of the fact that it's a squier. Value: Definately worth every penny. Who knows maybe they'll be worth something 20 plus years from now like the squiers of the early 80's. The Wow Factor: Very nice guitar. One of the more dressed-up Squiers. Timeless Fender design and I couldn't complete a collection of Fender and Squiers without it.
33 of 36 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20B-X3Q4. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449