When you call, mention priority code 20F-S75Y
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 20 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Squier VM '70s Strat

Rock classic '70s Fender style with modern appointments. This sweet number comes with Duncan Designed pickups, a lively basswood body, and a rosewood neck.

"fantasticly frugal" submitted November 10, 2013

By Dare McAdams in Wilmington, DE
Overall
Overall: these 70 vintage squire strats. have gotten alot better in quality, from the basswoodbody to the duncan pickups, and the fret work is flawless , and the big headstock isvery attractive, two more points the price is nothing 250 dollars is a no brainer,one mod. I do is change the trem bar to just a heavier stronger one . and dont forgetthe price could easily be triple, enjoy this strat.the color is like a orange creamsicklebeautiful!!

"Great guitar that could cost more" submitted August 13, 2018

By Jeff H in Cleburne, TX
Musical Background: 40 years of playing
Music Style: Metal, Blues, Fusion.
Overall: I've been playing for over 40 years and played and owned a few top end guitars. This guitar is unbelievable. The frets are great and didn't need any fret work. The neck is fantastic and once you get this baby set up how you want it it stays in tune. I was floored by the neck alone. The dot inlays are a yellow off white color also which makes the fret board look great. I originally bought this guitar for the color and was going to replace the neck on it but not now. Great axe squier. The Seymour Duncan designed pickups sound great also.

"Satisfied and a little Surprised!" submitted November 2, 2018

By robert whatley in culleoka, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar on and off for 25 yrs. I also have a musical background in piano and brass.
Music Style: I enjoy many different genres.
Overall: Just received my VM 70s strat via Fed Ex today. After unboxing and looking things over real closely, I am amazed at the level of craftsmanship on this guitar. You could spend $1000 dollars on an American made strat, and I will promise you; you will NOT have a better quality guitar. The fit and finish on the guitar, especially the neck, is second to none. The edges of the fret board are like butter. The action is low and the neck is fast. I only made slight intonation adjustments. I could easily afford an American made strat, but why spend the extra bucks if I don't get anything more for it. I don't want to hear the same old tired arguments by people who think the price dictates the quality. Put one of these in your hands, and you'll be speechless. The Duncan designed pickups are Duncans. You can't tell the difference. I'll buy another Indonesian made strat in a heart beat. 10 yrs from now, Fender strat enthusiast will wish they had bought one of these. Probably sooner.

"My new "top end"" submitted May 5, 2018

By Jeffrey Campbell in Amelia, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar and bass for 54 years; mostly jam at home.
Music Style: Anything except I'msodepressed/killmenow/whywasIborn/death metal. Or opera. Not a fan of speed metal look-at-me OMG how do I do
Overall: Everything about this guitar is right. The black hardware on white pickguard and creamsicle color body, big (what I call "proud") headstock. The price, which I'm told I can't mention but is easy to see, is my new "top end" price for any guitar and, being 64 years old, with a little TLC this could easily be my last Strat.

"Bones's review" submitted January 28, 2013

By Jim E in Buffalo, NY
Musical Background: Playing since 79 , Jam at home
Overall: I've owned plenty of strats over the years , been playing since 79 on and off .One awesome guitar for the money

"Worth It" submitted November 26, 2018

By Dan J in tampa, FL
Overall
Music Style: Rock,blues, bluegrass,rockabilly, piobaireachd,roaring 20s, on and on...
Overall: The price on this is just incredible. I bought this for one, because it looks better than any of the production models Fender is making in the USA, Mexico or China. I WAS hoping to fix it up a bit and at this price, no guilt for working on it. But... there is only one place where someone can find a replacement tremelo. And this guitar needs one. The stock block is zinc. It needs to be changed to brass or steel. Worse,since it is made in Indonesia they use metric vs the guitars made in USA & Mexico, so you can't just go out and buy a nice set of replacment turning machines (it needs them because a guitar that won't stay in tune is not one you'll want to keep playing). There are a couple possibilities out there for tuning machines but its hit or miss and you might wind up with a kmthat won't fit, or you'll have to ream out the holes. But then, you're allowed at this price. Then all you'll need is a prewired pickguard with actual good sounding pickups. You can find them from around $40 up to $400. I like messing with the guitar, making it better and better. Its a fun hobby. But if you think to buy one to make it 'like' and American Strat, then I would just go buy an American Strat. And I would strongly advise you buy one brand new from zzounds.com. Used guitars can turn into a nightmare. A guitar you think, and is sold as being in superb condition might easily turn out to be anything but. And then its your word against their's, shipping hassles, trying to get refunds etc. Make it a nice experience for yourself. BY NEW! That is, unless you're able to see and play the guitar before you buy it. This guitar is definitely worth it even if you want to keep it just as it is. It doesn't sound half bad and vice versa. Hope this helps.

"PLAYS LIKE IT SHOULD!!!" submitted September 11, 2012

By Don N in Heber Springs, AR
Overall
Music Style: Classic Rock, Some Smooth Jazz, Worship Etc.
Overall: JUST GOT IT! AND PLAYS AND SOUNDS LIKE IT SHOULD! COULDN'T ASK FOR ANYTHING BETTER !!! FROM SQUIER BY FENDER !!! CHECK IT OUT IF YOU CAN! OR JUST GET ONE!! HERE AT ZZOUNDS !!!!
11 of 16 people (68.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20F-S75Y. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST