When you call, mention priority code 20B-3SRH

Rating and Reviews: Sonor Safari Mini Drums

This miniature drum kit from Sonor has a great sound for its size and is perfect for small gigs and rehearsals.

"Sonor Safari...a steal at twice the price" submitted October 26, 2012

By Todd M in Rogers, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music since I was nine. I play many instruments. I have recorded for a major record label.
Music Style: Electronic/Alternative
Overall: When I first took them out of the box, I was immediately taken aback by how nice they looked, and how incredibly small they were. After tuning them up (but pretty loose) they sound amazing. The kick drum really kicks, in a way that a floor tom conversion doesn't. If I had the purchase to do again, I might opt for the Bop for sixty more dollars. I would not take back the purchase though. Great for beginners, and for professionals who would rather not carry a hefty load to the gig.

"A quality, compact set that has nice tone." submitted January 8, 2012

Musical Background: Playing music for 42 years
Music Style: Various
Sound: These drums have a good ambient tone. Feature: The compact sizes make this a very useful set. Ease of Use: The bass drum is sweet right out of the box! I put Remo Ambassador X coated heads on the batter side of the toms (purchased on Zzounds as well) and I am very happy with their round, warm and full tone. I purchased a Ludwig Centennial Maple snare (on Zzounds) as well. I also purchased a set of SKB Drum Gig Bags for the set (on Zzounds) and they all fit great. Tip: a 16x16 SKB tom bag fits the bass drum perfectly. Quality: Good bearing edges, all drums tune easily. Value: Well worth the money.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Easy On The Bucks and Easy on Your Back" submitted December 21, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing music for 40 years. I play drums, bass and some keyboard, in that order. I play professionally.
Music Style: Jazz, Fusion, Rock, R&B, Funk
Sound: I have only played the kit on 3 gigs; however, the drums are very responsive and easy to tune. I would recommend replacing the "stock" heads with something a little beefier - my toms have the Evans EC2 for batters with resonant glass bottoms; the snare has an ST Dry head with Hazy snare bottom; the bass drum has an Aquarian SuperKick I (yes, they do come in 16") with an Evans resonant head. I would give the sound a 10, but the metal hoops on the bass drum dampen the sound too much. Feature: The tom mount and floor tom legs are all that came with the kit in terms of hardware. The tom mount is solid and gives a nice range of settings. The floor tom legs have the Sonor feet and this helps with the overall sound of the floor tom. Ease of Use: I used to use a 22" kick drum, 8,10,12 and 14 toms, etc. I like being able to basically put the majority of the kit on the back seat (I drive a Scion XB), the hardware in the hatch and still have enough room for myself and two passengers. The kit sounds great; you may have to tweak it some out of the box to suit your individual taste. This kit is too much fun to play. Quality: The quality is Sonor - solid construction with a beautiful finish (Everyone who has seen the kit has commented on how nice the finish is; even drummers are using the term "gorgeous" to describe it). It seems very well made, with no flaws and it seems like it will last for a good, long time. The kit really stands out under club lighting. Sonor really hit this one out of the park. Value: A wonderful price point for this kit. I have played jazz, fusion and rock with it and it more than makes up for its size with a nice, full drum tone. It is a great "bang for your buck" item and i would definitely recommend it as a good gigging set. You will need an 18" bag for the bass drum, though, because of the hardware. Remember, this is a 16" bass drum, not a floor tom "conversion". Manufacturer Support: I've not had any instances to deal with Sonor but Zzounds rocks! The Wow Factor: I own it already. Overall: I expect to be satisfied with this kit for a good while. It is small, easy to move, doesn't have a large "footprint" and will be even better once the rack tom and snare are mounted on the gibraltar stealth mounting system.
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Glad I didn't pass this up!!" submitted February 12, 2012

By Marcia G in Cincinnati, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Over 45 years of drums/percussion. Play professionally on the side. Play many instruments including piano and sax.
Music Style: Jazz, folk, light rock
Overall: I was looking for a small kit for a coffeehouse where I often play. I wasn't satisfied with the cocktail kit I was using. I'd been looking for a 16" bass drum for ages...and one that wasn't a converted floor tom. This kit is surprisingly great! I put a little foam inside the kick drum but had to remove it because it was completely dead! Although normally I would object to metal hoops on a drum, they give the kick just the sound I was looking for. The slightest amount of resonance and no need to put anything inside the kick. The toms sound great. I use drum mufflers on all of my drums and they work well here. The only downside is the snare. I haven't been able to get it to sound good...yet! Too much ring, no matter what I try. I am going to do what others here have done. I'm going to replace the snare wires with something higher quality. I think that will do the trick. The rim sound is good. I wouldn't let that stop you from buying this kit. I'll be performing with this kit next weekend. I expect it will serve me well. The hardware seems plenty durable. This is one of 5 kits I own. I expect it will get a lot of use. Oh, and the glitter is very showy. I think it will look awesome under the lights.

"Super Buy!" submitted March 18, 2013

By Chris L in Waterford, MI
Overall
Music Style: Christian Rock/ Worship.
Overall: Kit was easy to set up. Great sound and the galaxy black is just beautiful! The 16" bass has a big sound for as little as it is. The heads that come with the kit although stock, sound really good with little tuning. Can’t say enough about this drum kit and zzsounds service! Very pleased and well worth the money!

"Wow " submitted March 15, 2012

By David Montelongo in Austin, TX
Musical Background: well not that long i have been playing music for 10 years
Music Style: well i pretty much like to play everything. Theres no limit to sound.
Overall: i bought these for my son wow no better way to start. pot and pans were my thing growing up.

"Quality Built. Durable. Great Sounding. Compact. Great Tone. Highly Playable. Unmatched VALUE." submitted November 13, 2012

By Nathan R in Rice, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing, collecting, rebuilding, guitars and basses around 10th years, new to percussion.
Music Style: Alternative and Indie Rock, BluesRock, Retro Rock, Blues, Jazz drums, hip hop drums.
Overall: I love this drum kit more than words can describe, it is so much more durable and sturdy built than anything in its range. It features full Sonor quality. And looks Much better than the pictures. The galaxy sparkle is darker than you might expect but in the pictures it appears brighter but it is not too bright but the sparkles glisten so bright when the lights hit. The sound is remarkably loud and clear and the 16" bass drum booms nicely as a bigger drum. The fit and finish is flawless and the hardware has no hint of being low end. Would look great next to any high end set. Same awesome sonor hardware and probably the best tone I've heard from basswood shells. Stays in tune well for me. Goes well with the enigma 900 weird hardware set and my Paiste PST 8 cymbals. I couldnt ask for a better drum set for the price. Excellently for alt. rock, indie, hip-hop, classic rock, or jazz, or blues. THE SONOR SAFARI IS EVERYTHING ITS LEGENDARY REPUTATION LED ME TO BELIEVE IT WOULD BE.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-3SRH. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST