Shure SE425 Sound Isolating Earphones

Shure SE425 Sound Isolating Earphones

Use them onstage as in-ear monitors -- or immerse yourself in music anywhere. Shure SE425s are loaded with dedicated tweeters and woofers for detailed sound.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 26, 2012 by Bryan B in Tampa, FL
"Shure SE-425 earphones"
I have not compared these earphones to other comparable earphones. This review is basically my experience so far with these earphones. These earphones provide very clear sound and are functionally outstanding for use as in ear, on stage monitors. The only area that I feel could be better is the bass response. The bass does track true to the recording and by no means sounds "bad". The bass is deep but "tight". However, if you prefer more bass in your music, these earphones seems to lack a little. Not sure how the competition or the Shure SE-535's compare. Unfortunately, we can't try before we buy. Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase and would recommend these earphones.
30 yrs. Drums. Play in various club bands and Church band.
Rock, Country, Metal, Christian
10 of 11 people (91%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 27, 2013 by Ray Diaz in Chicago, IL
"Shure SE-425 Earphones"
Very happy with my new SE-425's, the bass is there. The Clarity is awesome, horns sound like should, vocals are awesome as the drums are also!
Fender Strat, still learning how to play
The Blues, Rock, Country, some Hip-Hop, Classical, Salsa, Meringue...
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 30, 2015 by Angela H in Effingham, IL
"Amazing Sound"
When I first ordered my 425's I was a little nervous because I read it lacked bass, but I wasn't ready to put out an extra $200 for the next step up. When I got them I was pleasantly surprised; they are amazing. Yes, the base could be stronger, but it's not enough to be a deal breaker. I have an eclectic taste in music so when I received them I put them through the gauntlet. Instrumentals of James Horner, U2, AC/DC, Katy Perry, Lorde, Pitbull, Chilli Peppers, Taylor Swift, Eminem; you name it. Everthing sounded amazing! I have been using earbuds by Bose for the last couple years and these blow them away. The noise cancellation in the 425's are unbelievable. With my Bose I had to turn my iPod up all the way when I would use them cutting my grass. With the 425's I barely turned the volume up and I didn't even hear the lawnmower. I love them. I have also seen people having a problem with the fit or having issues putting them in. When I first used them it did take a bit to properly put them in and adjust them. But now that I'm used to them I put them in just as easy as my last earbuds. They are by far much more secure fit in the ear. As far as comfort, they come with a large selection of options so you can decide what feels the best. I would definitely recommend the 425's.
Eclectic
3 of 5 people (60%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 15, 2010 by a customer from jasoneddins.com
"Best yet..."
This is my third set of Shure in-ear monitors and, let me tell you, the best yet. I've own the 100 series, the 420's and now the 535's. The bass is full and rich while staying tight and the highs are higher and clearer than the 420's by a longshot. I'm not musician, but I value my music collection - the 535's do my music justice.
Audiophile
2 of 4 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 2, 2011 by a customer from live.com
"The Super Mic."
I hope it lasted a lot of years.
I have had other mics, but so far this is the best.Sound is very warm and it does not have any distortion. I can recognize my voice and be happy of what I get, the cleanest and richest sound. I can bet on it.
I have not used it yet.
Active Musician
3 of 13 people (23%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 22, 2011
Shure SE-425 Earphones Customer Review
I don't expect to change it before it wears out (several years i hope).
I used to have some shure earphones htat i lost while traveling. I just got some cheap ones to complete my trip and ordered the SE-425 as soon as i got home. When i had to switch to the cheap one, i had just forgotten how much i was spoiled with the Shure. These new ones have a great sound, the trebles are not shadowed by the bass, the sound is very detailed. And the isolation is terrific and easy (passive, not active, no batteries required) while traveling particularly on a plane.
One big minus: the plastic around the plug is huge, which makes it difficult/impossible to pug it through protective sleeves of an ipad or iphone!!! I used to have the volume attenuator with the older set, this accessory is missing and it's too bad, because even at minimum, the volume can be quite high while watching movies on airplanes. Otherwise, the regular set of sleeves, cleaning tool, big jack adapter come with the earphones.
Plug and play music. Passive sound isolation. Can't be simpler. Changing sleeves is easy, cleaning too.
The quality of built is amazing. Bigger cable is used close to the earphones to prevent wear and tear.
Not cheap...but worth it if you want high a high quality product with service behind.
Although i can't speak for these ones, i had to use the 2-year warranty with my previous set of Shure, and they were replaced without any problem (actually the first replacement set was not working properly and they sent me another set no question asked).
I wouldn't pay for a new set every year, but when i lost my other set, it was a no brainer that i would replace them with other Shures.
Hobbyist
ecclectic
6 of 9 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?