When you call, mention priority code 20C-SJQC

Rating and Reviews: Sennheiser e906 Mic

With its wide response, 3-way rolloff, and fast attack, Sennheiser's e906 is a go-to supercardioid mic for guitar cabs. Hang it flat over your amp and roll!

"Live Guitar Cab Mic" submitted July 3, 2018

By Kyle M
Musical Background: Recording, Mixing, Live Sound, Drums, Guitar
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Rockabilly, Blues
Sound: It sounds great without being picky about placement. Plenty hot enough for being on or near the edge for darker tones. It's a hot signal and a little brighter at all settings by nature, or better yet, loud and clear no matter what assuming you didn't completely miss the cone opening! Feature: Smaller than it looks, lightweight, comes with clip and carry bag. There's a noticable difference in the tone/voice selections but not so much I would really notice in a live setting nor would it matter because it would sound awesome still. Ease of Use: Plug it in, select a tone. Stand or no stand. If this isn't easy I don't know what is. Quality: Metal grill on both sides, plastic handle...thing. It's small and light enough to survive drops. Cables and the clip are both very snug and solid, almost to snug but better than not enough. Value: At almost twice the price of a 57, you get what you pay for. Flexibility and efficiency if you set up and tear down regualarly. Saves space on stage and keeps me off stage fixing stands that have been kicked. It feels solid for something so light, really light compared to a 57. My uses have been exclusively OD/HighGain rock so I can't speak on it's versaitily for genres but for a general purpose something different than "it just works", it's the way to go! Manufacturer Support: Probably won't ever need it but Sennheiser has a great reputation so no fear. The Wow Factor: Couldn't be happier with the clarity I'm getting, letting the guitars cut through that much more. The ease of deployment. I'm so happy with these I'm considering keeping them safe with me and getting e609's to take the road abuse lol I'm confident they'll be within 20% of the sound, build, and quality of these. Overall: Ordered two of these dudes when they went on sale for 57 prices and I'm glad I did. Side address, 3 different voicings (dark, neutral, bright), throw it over the cab so it hangs in front of the speaker center-ish and good to go. Used it for a couple shows and it outshines the 57 for my purposes by far.

"Get this Mic.....Seriously!!!!" submitted January 10, 2018

By David Belcher in Bluefield, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Musician 15+ years... I Play (in order of ability/time/dedication) Guitar, Drums, Bass, Vocals, Keyboard. Pro & Semi-Pro
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Metal, Punk, Acoustic, Experimental/Noise, Multi-Genre, etc
Overall: For an extra $10 you also get a cable and boom stand?!? It would be foolish to pass on this mic if you are currently in the market for one!! I didn't purchase mine through zZounds, so I did not get the extras, which is a Great offer!! I will review it here anyway, since I Love this company and want people to know about this microphone. This mic is AMAZING!! Yes, it is wonderful on guitar cabs, but it sounds just Insanely GREAT on Any and All Acoustic instruments. Besides being a musician, I am also a serious, professionally-trained audio engineer...so, I am not a novice with no perspective. I mostly record (and play) Rock, Metal, Punk, Acoustic, etc etc types of music. However, I recently recorded a group I usually do not record...which was a Bluegrass group who also played a little bit of Country and Gospel. In fact, I had never recorded or played this type of music before this. They played Mostly Very Traditional songs (some very old) and wanted a VERY Natural sound and the way they put it was that they Only used instruments that would have existed and been available to mountain musicians back in the 1800s. Sadly (for me), this meant there were no drums. Regardless of the genre, I Always try to get the sound the client truly wants. I already knew the e906 sounds Great on guitar amps/cabs, whether distorted or not. But I decided to try it on some of the acoustic instruments in this situation. Among other mics used, I recorded some Banjo, Acoustic Guitar, and Mandolin using the e906. And......WOW did these instruments come out sounding nothing less than Spectacular!!! I did not try it on Bass or Vocals so I cannot comment on the e906's performance with them. But I have NEVER been disappointed with this mic on Anything...EVER!! If you are thinking of getting an e609 (a Great mic) and have the extra money....upgrade and get THIS MIC!!! Especially with the current offer of an extra $10 for a cable and boom stand

"Awesome Piece of Equipment" submitted October 24, 2013

By Stephen Klohr in Pooler , GA
Musical Background: Semi professional guitarist with 30+ yrs experience
Music Style: Alternative Rock
Overall: Can't say enough about the quality and ruggedness of this microphone. I love the fact you can just hang the mic over the top of the amp. No loss of tone. In fact, with the 3 position switch on the mic, you can shape the sound you're looking for.

"Sennheiser e906 Instrument Microphone, The Best Choice !!" submitted October 28, 2012

By robert u in Brooklyn, NY
Overall
Music Style: Blue and 60s rock!!
Overall: If yuor looking for that Mic that does everthing you want for your guitar cab , then this is the one . It has a three position switch that alters the frequencies so you can adjust the tonal properties directly from the mic . It is also very easy to place sivce the e906 is flat all you have to dois plug it in to your cable , hang it over your cab , find that sweet spot and just leave it there . As far as sound is concerned well the name Sennheiser speaks for itself . The e906 is a bit more expencive than the lower model e609 but the the difference is the ability of having the switchable frequencies , of which come in very handy if you are relly into peaking your recording sound or live performance . In all the product is built like a tank , responds to all dynamic's of sound capability and will be with you for years of touring !!!

"Sennheiser e906" submitted March 4, 2014

By Mark G in Oxnard, CA
Musical Background: 13 yrs. Guitar and bass. In a blues/rock band
Music Style: Blues, early rock, classic, rock, classic country
Overall: Everything I expected. Excellent performance, quality craftsmanship. I use the middle switch setting and it sounds great thru a variety of amps.

"Best for an in ear monitor system" submitted March 5, 2006

Overall
Sound: the sound I've been looking for with my psm600 in ear monitor system, gets rid of the abrasive/grainy high end of an sm-57, doesn't sound like a spkr cabinet right in my face Feature: 3-position switch is helpful Ease of Use: couldn't be easier Value: very reasonable Manufacturer Support: had no need to contact Sennheiser The Wow Factor: looks great Overall: It's the mic I presently use on a nightly basis

Sennheiser e906 Mic Customer Review submitted April 4, 2005

Overall
Sound: I do not record Distortion music ...but for jazz,or clean sound is the best mic.DO not get confused by the shape and put it to close to the Amp grill.30sm-1 feet from it is just fine Feature: Response switch...Very helpful Quality: outstanding Value: OK SM 57 sucks.Really.No more Beatles revolver crap. Manufacturer Support: USA support sucks but if you call germany everything is fine

When you call, mention priority code 20C-SJQC. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST