Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder FR S Electric Guitar
ONLY 3 LEFT

Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder FR S Electric Guitar

It's not called the Sun Valley Super Shredder for nothing. This axe dishes searing leads via EMG and Sustainiac pickups and a Floyd Rose Hot Rod tremolo.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 1, 2018 by Chuck Wallace in LA Porte, TX
"Endless Sustain, and Shredability."
I bought a Sun Valley Model earlier this week. The one without the Sustainiac, Satin Forest Green, It played so well that I purchased this guitar. Played great right out of the box and was in decent tune. I tuned it up and played without an amp for a few minutes, sounded great. I plugged it and it was like WOW these pickups sound to good to me and they clean up great with just a volume adjustment. This guitar will allow you to play with a one channel amp and go from clean to mean. Just adjust the pickups accordingly and now you have a 2 channel amp. The sustainiac does not disappoint either! you can play and at anytime hold a note until infinity. Want to add Forced Feedback? Check, Harmonic over tones? Check, Check. This guitar is a very versatile axe, capable of any genre out there. The neck is sleek and very fast with still a good feel, without feeling too thin. I ran this guitar through the amp gauntlet and found that it can definitely handle anything it is plugged into. I just love how easily this amp cleans up with just the volume adjustment. I cant say this enough, you know how big this is if you play any eighties or nineties music. This guitar can purr, scream and whine to your heart is content. The value that this guitar represents is crazy. I called zZounds and asked to pay the 12 payments. Easily one of my favorites to play, I just cant put it down. CJWII
Forever it seems, I play professionally with a Cover band and have an Original Project
Mostly rock, classic rock, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Metal, and melodic classical
14 of 14 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 29, 2019 by R S in Believeland, OH
"Super Cool retro vibe with amazing tone and powerful sustaniac"
Really probably the easiest guitar to shred on out of all our studio axes.The neck is so comfortable even our bass player sounds good....sorry JasonThe pickups totally capture that rock guitar sound and soaring leads can be a blast.The Sustaniac was so cool it can be used subtly for extra texture.The Floyd works great for some major dives and this axe stays in tune amazingly tight.We got the cool birch green to further that retro vibe...Super fun and pro sounding guitar...totally worth the priceAnd as always zZounds is the best place for musicians to get their gear!
Pro musician and studio owner
Prog, melodic rock, Latin and pop
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 20, 2019 by Beaglemaster S in Strongsville, OH
"Super guitar of top quality tone and playability"
I’m not a shredder but wanted a guitar with sustainiac on board.I have a bunch of Les Pauls, Fenders and PRS’ and play out and studio work for many years. At the price I wasn’t expecting all that much....When I received the guitar I couldn’t believe how well built this birch green axe felt.The guitar stays in remarkable tune within 0.5 cents.The batteries were already in and ready to go.The frets were finished and smooth..they look like 6505’s.Ebony fretboard was consistent and nicely finished.Anyway, I was doing a Satriani esque track at the studio and pulled this guitar out.I threw on the sustainiac and holy #$@! I couldn’t believe the tone and smooth sound.The neck is thin without being ridiculous which is an easy transition from a PRS core wide thin. Really a great guitar for anybody who wants a high quality professional instrument that is crazy fun to play, looks cool, and sounds terrific.By the way zZounds has the best knowledgeable sales peeps and great service!
20 years pro musician and studio owner
Melodic rock, Latin, flamenco, Brit pop
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 12, 2020 by Benjamin M in FOREST GROVE, OR
"Sun valley"
I got a killer guitar in this . Initially I was pretty set on a charvel or a jackson . . As I was scrolling around as i do this sun Vally kept showing up over the weeks. (I think its got a cool name ha ha) and it kept intriguing me to the point I got sold on it. . . And man oh man i wasn't disappointed. This hot rodded guitar has got the tone the look and is so fun to play. The floyd is a good one too . Ill never get tired of this thing. It is such a value in terms of what you get
Been at it for over 20 years
I love everything from jazz, rock and blues and all that shreddy goodnes
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 4, 2021 by Rob Rudock in Charlotte, NC
"Another Very nice surprise from Schecter"
Let me start by saying that I have 45 guitars now, and that's after getting rid of my junk systematically, so they're all pretty decent to fantastic at this point. I can't in good faith give a sub 1k guitar 5 stars, I just know too much what's out there at this point but just know that this is the one to get at this price point for sure. I was mostly an Ibanez guy for decades but started collecting more recently now that the kids have grown and moved out over the last couple years. My most expensive now is the JS2450 and it's incredible. My favorite of all is the AZ, that's the baseline. The first schecter I bought is the SLS Elite FR Evil twin, it is amazing and one of my main go-to's. Schecter builds a great guitar and gives you a great value, and most definitely improved my opinion of Indonesian guitars as well. I'd compare current quality out of there to Japan 15 years ago at this point. I then got the GT Banshee, it's sweet looking but didn't like it as much as I'd hoped, I still have it. Then got the Silver Mountain C1, great guitar also but still preferred the SLS Elite, however I've come to like it much more recently. The C7 Apocalypse "red reign" is the most comfortable neck of my 7's (Prestiges)So a friend asked me recently what I'd get for a shredder type guitar with a trem without spending a K or more. I advised that under a K I'd definitely go with schecter, a better value in that price range and the Edge II's and III's on Ibanez tend to be very frustrating, the "Hot Rod" version of the FR special definitely makes a difference whatever it is they invested in for upgrades. I bought a FR special directly from Floyd Rose site and it was ok but not great. The Schecters hold tune very well. Well so I got him a link and in viewing it it really started growing on me, and they had the Riviera blue as a "blem". I ALWAYS get the blem, believe me it's generally just a return from a blind order and they didn't bond with it or changed their mind. I've only had to send one Blem back for exchange out of about 10 times and it was an Evertune bridge someone had tried to mess with and stripped a screw making it difficult to get in order. I've never seen a mark on any of these guitars. Scratch and Dent is a different category, so again blem's are great for a deal. Anyway I ordered this guitar and I absolutely love it. Very sleek neck, ebony fretboard is killer, whole thing feels great in your hands, I ran 16th notes at 200bpm to a backing track right off the rip no problem, action is great. I have a Charvel San Dimas in the price range, THIS is better, I like it more. That's the only other guitar with a floating bridge I have under 1k at this point to compare to but I'll play this guitar probably more than quite a few of the more expensive ones. I really like the look, simple but comes together really nicely. You can check it out on my Be a Guitar Badass channel on Youtube. I see now some advance options for this guitar in Blue, Green, and Red Reign. Can't find any prototype pics and right now they are just greyed out but I will very likely get another one of these when available if I don't spring for another Apocalypse.
Get a helix you'll never have to worry about any of this again.
No push/pull coil splitting, dinged "features" just a tad.
Dirts up nicely, hot pickups and the sustainiac is just so much fun. Very easy to get very nice trem effects with the feedback setting.
Schecter is always 100% solid. Never seen junk from them. Some of the best QC in the business.
For a good fast guitar with stable tuning and a floating bridge, I'd recommend this one all day.
Well I have many guitars, I saw it and had to have it, so yeah it's a very sharp guitar.
35 year player, in a few gigging bands, gear enthusiast
Really anything but country. 80's rock, metal, pop, ballads etc.

Submitted June 1, 2018 by Tyler Stohl in Savannah, GA
"Great Value"
Very pleased. Needed a setup straight out of the box but so did my JEM that cost 6 times the price. It's a beautiful guitar. Once set up I can't put it down. I have several high end guitars. This one holds it's own against any of them. The action is unbelievable. It's very easy to play. Obvious quality. The Sustainiac is so cool I have only one complaint. The Floyd is fine BUT the mount for the trem arm is crap. It's a tiny hex head screw. Worst mount ever. I've been playing Floyds forever so I know how to deal with this crap. Plastic bags or tape. Easy, but you shouldn't be forced to use old guitar player tricks straight out of the box. Other than than that it's definitely one of my favorite of 12 high end guitars. I still give it a 5 overall.
Been playing since forever
Metal, hard rock, easy acoustic.
6 of 8 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?