map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 204-FNBQ

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Solo II Custom

The thick mahogany body of the Solo-II Custom is set off by its gorgeous flamed maple top, while the coil-tapping Pasadena pickups give it some bite.

"Excellent guitar (where it counts)" submitted January 11, 2020

By The G. in Atlantic City, NJ
Overall
Overall: If you’re in the market for a Gibson LP alternative this is a fantastic option. While not perfect, this is all-around an excellent guitar at a fair price. The Pasadena pickups are very good - they’re basically hot PAFs. That’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it makes the guitar usable in any scenario and they split well also. A few folks might swap them for higher output, or a favorite set they prefer, but these are hold their own against really any aftermarkets I’ve used and I’ve used a lot. The locking tuners and bridge/tail are also a strong point and won’t need upgrading. The body is 1.75” at the side which is about a quarter inch thinner than LPs, which by the way seems to be also true of Gibson tributes and studio models, but it doesn’t that feel dramatic. I might actually like this thickness better. Heel carve is perfect. You can see the maple cap a little too of the trans model. Playability-wise it’s very comfortable at least as far as the LP shape allows. The compound radius is cozy and doesn’t feel odd. The neck is medium-thin, less than an Epiphone but a little ticker than a common strat. Feels good to play on for me but that’s a personal thing. Neck is super-smooth out of the box, more so than any new neck I’ve seen. The frets are supposed to be super jumbo but seem like they might be a hair smaller? I haven’t measured them but there seemed a difference next to my other guitars with that size. The fret ends have a tiny, tiny bit of fret sprout in the hand side but not nearly enough to worry or complain about, but just enough to mention. Easy fix.The nut was cut just okay, a little high on three strings. Its fit is also narrower than the neck width and not flush. Finish was pretty good, Standard poly type, no paint issues but a couple of imperfections in the body parts where some joint glue Discoloration is slightly visible Warning for those considering the trans black version with clear sides and back - if n my case the natural sides and back clearly reveals a 4-pc body, not center-joined or anything. It’s hidden on the front of course and also the back with a (2pc) veneer - another minor knock but again, purely cosmetic. Sound-wise it’s very firmly in that SG to LP territory, it’s maybe a hair closer to my SG’s sound but with a little more depth or fatness or whatever you call it, but yet not quite so much as my LP does. For me at least that’s basically ideal and why I like this guitar so much. On the whole it’s definitely a serious, professional grade guitar at what I’d call a fair price for what you get, especially factoring the included features. The clear back and sides of the trans black version *may* reveal more that you really want, but it’s very easy to look past that on mine with a guitar that sounds and plays so well.

"Awesome Guitar!!!!!!!!!" submitted March 16, 2018

By Ojas M. in Cumming, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for about 2 and-a-half years.
Music Style: I play all styles, but prefer metal and rock and roll.
Overall: I recently had a burning desire to buy a new electric guitar (a second one) and i knew I really wanted a LP style. I wasn't interested in spending more than $1000 (which ruled out any of the good Gibson LP models), and i really didn't want to buy an Epiphone. I already owned a Schecter and loved the feel and style. I wanted something with a similar neck and shreddable feel like my first guitar, so I opted to get a Schecter LP style guitar. This one instantly popped out from the rest and i prefer the Solo-II style shape to the original Solo-6. I did a lot of research and my expectations were high, fortunately they were met. Pros: - Great passive pickups with added versatility thanks to the coil splitting - Amazing set-neck construction with nice cutaway at the back - Locking tuners for easy re-stringing - Stunning looks (I purchased the last available ABSN model, i think) Cons: - Not much of a setup, had some fret buzz. Dont know if this is because i purchased this from Americanmusical.com or it's Schecter's call. - Tone/ Coil-splitting knob was looser than the other knobs, but not a big problem. TL;DR: This guitar rocks, it's shreddable, has rockin' hot pickups (exceptional for passives) and has a solid construction. Definitely met my needs and would definitely purchase again!!!!!!!!!

"Look out Gibson there's a new sheriff in town" submitted October 6, 2016

By Paul B. in Lake Village, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for fun for several years. Play for family and friends
Music Style: Blues, rock, country and hard rock
Overall: Received the solo II custom from zZounds and wanted to play this beautiful guitar before giving review. Thanks zZounds for quick friendly service. When I opened and unpacked this guitar all I can say is WOW. The pictures don't do this guitar justice. A beautiful work of art. The Pasadena pups can do whatever you throw at them. Jazz, blues, clean and metal...very versatile. I owned a Les Paul Custom years ago and the Schecter Solo custom sounds just as good if not better. The neck is smooth as silk and the locking tuners keep the guitar in tune with no problems. Go and price a Gibson Custom in today's world. With Schecter you get so much more guitar for a fraction of the cost. I love watching everyone's jaw drop when I open the case and pull the custom II out. Like I said you can play any style of music with this guitar. It's not to heavy or to light.. just right. I love the jumbo frets. Honestly there isn't a thing I can find wrong with the solo II. If your on the fence about purchasing this guitar then get one before Schecter realizes they made a mistake on the price for so much guitar. Didn't have to use manufacturer support so can't rate it.
35 of 37 people (94.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Schecter solo II custom" submitted September 20, 2019

By James F. in Fulton, NY
Musical Background: Been playing over 40 years , Hobbyist
Music Style: Classic rock , Southern rock , Folk rock , blues
Overall: Wow ! I am absolutely blown away by this guitar , I’ve been playing guitar for over 40 years and have owned dozens ( A few I wish I had back ) this is a keeper ! Love it , Everything about it . Go on and get u one !

"This is a winner" submitted February 23, 2020

By Jim P. in Easton, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Professional for about 50 years. Play a lot of instruments.
Music Style: So many styles...can't name them all...
Overall: A very affordable LP style electric guitar. I love the Pasadena pickups - I compared them to my friend's Les Paul and the Pasadena pickups are very very close in sound and feel. The finish is beautiful (I bought the natural finish). The workmanship is first rate. I experienced none of the issues others have mentioned.It plays like a dream: I can really shred or play jazz on this guitar. Get one! You'll love it.

When you call, mention priority code 204-FNBQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Miércoles 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: