Schecter Reaper 6 Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Schecter Reaper 6 Electric Guitar

Light up the stage and studio in style with the gorgeous Reaper 6 from Schecter. A stunning poplar burl top adorns the guitar's resonant swamp ash body.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 17, 2020 by Larry Breiden in Green Lane, PA
"Incredible Guitar!"
I've had my Reaper 6 for over eighteen months now and in spite of having more expensive guitars with more high end features I always seem to keep coming back to this one. It just feels "right" to me. The tone, the playability, and the overall vibe keeps drawing me back in. Just as a comparison, almost all of my other guitars feature a compound radius fretboard, locking tuners, stainless steel frets, luminlay side dot markers and branded pickups (Fishman's, DiMarzio's). This guitar has none of those. But it's also about two thirds the price of the cheapest of my others. And while these features are certainly nice to have, none of them contribute to making me sound and/or play better or make me a better musician. I suppose neck shape and radius, as well as tone are very subjective things. But the Ultra Thin 5 piece neck on the Reaper is just an amazing feeling to play. And I can't begin to say enough about those Diamond Decimator pickups! A lot of folks swear by their own favorite brand of pickups and some will automatically dismiss the Decimators out of hand. But these pickups can handle anything I can throw at them. They are very hot, but they are also exceptionally clear with plenty of bite when needed. They can also give you very Fender-y single coil chime when they are tapped and run through a clean channel of your amp. Again, tone is a very subjective thing, but right now these are my favorites. The Graphtech nut and Schecter's version of a string thru Hipshot bridge lend to incredible tuning stability. Even unplugged this guitar has a beautiful resonance and plenty of sustain. Add in an ash body, beautiful poplar burl top, reverse headstock, and ebony fretboard and this guitar is also a stunning looker as well. I highly recommend this guitar for not only metal, but it's tonal versatility lends itself to many other genre's as well
Hobbyist
Metal, sometimes a little blues and every now and then I'll sneak in a little Country as well.
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 19, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"This Quality, This Price?"
She looks like a shredder and can certainly perform that quite well but when she came in I had my Vox VT40 out and board all setup through and thought why not.The pickups are just perfect for Vox it turned out, as a good Vox is known for that lovely brightness, and these pickups are bright but hot and drive the Vox stunningly well for rock and crunchy cleans. After some very minor amounts of tuning and no need to touch the action or anything. What can be said for a guitar like this? The price feels like a steal. The set neck has a lovely sculpted heel and the fit and finish is just perfect.This guitar brings the Schechter lvl of quality to a guitar with more class instead of just pure shred aesthetic and I can't find even the slightest reason to dislike what Schechter has crafted here!
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 17, 2019 by Justin R in International Falls, MN
"Perfection."
The guitar is plays and sounds just like it looks. Perfect. Set up was spot on, damn near still in tune from shipment. Action was nice and low with zero buzz up the ladder. Fit and finish was perfect. The frets are rolled and polished like it was done by a master builder. To say that I am impressed would be an understatement. I’m sure you could do any type of music with it but I’m sure you already know it was built to shred. zZounds has an error in the description. It is not a 16” radius fret board. It is a 14”. Not a deal breaker though. The pick ups are bright and hot. Not perfect. But very sufficient for the price. The neck is amazing. I would’ve liked to see this guitar with made with a neck through. But the set neck heel is sculpted very nice. Satin finish is silky smooth. Reverse head stock is great for tuning. Tuning heads are good enough. Smooth and they stay in tune. However, at the price point it would have been nice to see locking tuners but again, not a deal breaker. I had a Schecter Damien solo elite (South Korean made) and I was less than impressed. The fit and finish was kit that great. Fret work was horrible. I was in the market for the fender deluxe strat (MIM) or a Charvel. This guitar caught my eye and I took a leap. It was worth it. And of course zZounds was amazing to work with. This was my 8th or 9th purchase from them. I will NEVER buy an instrument from ANY other website. I am a zZounds customer for life. I can’t say enough how much I appreciate a company that wants instruments in people’s hands. They make it easy and affordable and it is very much appreciated.
10+ years of guitar.
Heavy metal. Blues. Classic rock
14 of 15 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 22, 2020 by CHRISTOPHER C in NEW ORLEANS, LA
"Amazing guitar and value"
This guitar has it all!!! Great look, feel, sound, and specs for the price. This guitar is lightweight, it doesn't even feel like you're holding it. I'm definitely satisfied with this purchase.
I play in metal band, Project Ascension.
Metal, rock, blues, jazz
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 20, 2020 by Jason D in Beverly, NJ
"Schecter Reaper 6, amazing guitar for the price! GET IT!"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
Specs:The body is made of swamp ash with a poplar burl top, mated to multi piece 5 ply maple and walnut set in neck with the ultra access heel. The neck is listed as an ultra thin C shape with carbon fiber reinforcement rods. The fretboard is made from ebony with a 14" radius, 25.5: scale length and loaded 24 Xtra-Jumbo frets marked with perloid offset/reverse dots and standard white top dots. A reverse headstock with Schecter sealed 18:1 ratio tuners and engraved "REAPER-6" truss rod cover. The truss rod is dual action requiring an 4mm allen key for adjustments which is included. The nut material is Graphite Tusq which is 42mm by 6mm. The bridge is a Schecter custom hardtail, with a string-thru body design. The pickups are Schecter Diamond Decimator Humbuckers, One in in the bridge position and one in the neck position. hardwaire is a 3-way blade selector switch, 1 master volume knob and one master tone knob with the push/pull coil-split. The Schecter Reaper-6 comes in three finishes. There are different options with different pickup configurations, and a model with a Floyd Rose locking tremolo system. Initial thoughts: Out of the box, this guitar was set up to play with absolutely no issues. Action was nice and low, minimal fret buzz and intonation was perfect. The inferno burst was not as bright as depicted in images on the Schecter website. However, the design with the natural finish coming showing on the top of the body is something different and would definitely be an eye catcher hanging on a wall in a see of plain finished guitars. The fret work is very well done without any sharp edges hanging off the fretboard. The offset/reverse are a nice touch and allow the beauty of the ebony to blast through visually. The tuners are feel very solid and do not seem to bind up. On a guitar this price, that is a great feature. The pickups have a great bite to them and have massive amounts of output. However, they are very plain and do not have the color that most passive pickups have.Pros: The neck is smooth and fast, the fretwork is top notch and the tuners are rock solid. I love the ultra access heel, allowing access all the way up to the 24th fret with no issues. The Xtra-jumbo frets are well finished and the inlays are a nice subtle touch without taking away from the beauty of the frretboard. The bridge has some nice chrome accents. The pickups are mounted directly to the body removing the over-sized pickup rings that can be an eyesore on such an eye catching finish. The custom bridge resembles the Hipshot bridge and, unlike a Tune-O-matic bridge, the intonation adjustment screws are easy to access and easy to turn without fear of stripping the heads.Cons: The tone and volume knobs were not fully tightened down, allowing for them to be turned after the controls couldn't be turned any more. This is a minor inconvenience and was easily remedied. The color of the pickups reminds me more of a bland colored rainbow, just your typical red, orange, yellow, green and blue. Final thoughts:This guitar lists at $699.00 USD. The features on this guitar are amazing in both quality and design for the price. I would have expected to pay over $900.00 USD for a guitar of similar quality from a company like Fender or Ibanez. I find that I cannot stop playing this guitar. It is a bit heavy for the design but not as heavy as say a Gibson Les Paul. For the price, this is a great guitar for any guitarist, beginner to expert touring musician. The controls are simple and are place in a place that makes sense. The volume knob is far enough from the strings and out of the way when playing so that you're not altering output levels and the 3 way switch is not hiding behind the knobs or tucked in between making switching between pickups a breeze. I would recommend this guitar to anyone in the market for a new guitar. Overall, excellent job Schecter, excellent job!
25 Years experience, jam at home
Rock and metal
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?