Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid PT Electric Guitar
ONLY 3 LEFT

Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid PT Electric Guitar

Blending the best of two models, the Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid PT gives you the comfort of an SLS ultra-slim neck and aggressive EMG tone of a Hellraiser.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 17, 2018 by Jason M in Greenville, SC
"Silky Smooth"
Having played and owned Gibson, one could say I was a snob in that I would only own Gibsons. However, given that my brand has more than out priced this poor musician, and not really liking the Fender Tele neck (though I think it's a great instrument) I decided to order my first ever on-line guitar... Was very nervous about buying a guitar that I have not ever tried out first. I can say that I am more than impressed. Impressed with zZounds customer service, impressed with that with a few minor tweaks of the truss rod and saddle, I was playing first gig within 24 hours of receiving this fine instrument. I would like to have seen this with push/pull pots, or maybe the sustainac, but it is of solid construction as nothing was loose, finish was absolutely stunning and the tone was righteous!
30 years of playing guitar professionally
All types... (Whatever will pay the light bill)
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 11, 2017 by Seneca Guns in Wilmington, NC
"Rare beauty"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
This is the 1st time I've bought non USA and online. This guitar is just great. I have been playing the better of 30+ years and I own MANY guitars, from Fender, Gibson and PRS. I'm playing through a Carvin V3. This is my 1st Schecter guitar and I must say except for some small things that are more about personal style than flaws, I'm very impressed. I've had it for 3 days now as I write this review and I've played it about 6 hours with the existing strings and set up, tuned down 1/2 step.
The EMG pups are HOT. If you've never had active pups then be prepared to do some tone tweaking. These pickups will drive a clean tube channel to breakup. They a have ton of headroom as compared to passives. They drive my Carvin's clean channel to a beautiful Plexi like crunch on full but will clean up as you roll down the volume. The sound is clear, raw and articulate. Think a Les Paul on steroids. This guitar sounds as good as others I own that cost twice as much. No problem finding metal, hard rock or even driving blues tones out of this guitar. Just know your amp.
Well not much to say about the features...locking tuners, 2 active humbuckers, 3 way switch, volume, tone...pretty simple.
The sound was different at 1st with the actives. I had to make some amp adjustments to find my tone. The extra jumbo frets are a different feel too. Quality fretwork is laid into a slim compound radius neck that has a fast feel. If you plan on using this guitar live with other guitars equipped with passive pickups, be prepared for some output differences between them.
This guitar is made in South Korea and it's my first non USA made guitar. It appears to be made very well. The transparent black finish is subtle but beautiful and I could find no flaws. The parts are quality. I played a Jackson from Indonesia in same price range that a buddy owns...this Schecter Tele blows it away in all aspects. I wish I had found this before I bought this high dollar Gibson LP I just shelled out for.
Overall I would buy this guitar again. I think it's as good a guitar as any other guitar costing twice as much. Les Paul sound without the big price tag.
Haven't dealt with them.
This guitar just looks different than the norm and was a big selling point for me. The finish is subtle and the Tele body with the modern appointments make it a strikingly different instrument.
Guitarist of 35 years
All things rock
11 of 12 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?