Sterling by Music Man RAYSS4 StingRay Short Scale Electric Bass
ONLY 2 LEFT

Sterling by Music Man RAYSS4 StingRay Short Scale Electric Bass

Experience the iconic StingRay! The Sterling StingRay short scale bass boasts a single humbucking pickup with high output neodymium magnets.

Overall:
4 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
3.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted April 24, 2021 by Eric S in Woodstock, GA
"It's a Baby Stingray!"
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
I literally couldn't resist buying this as soon as I saw it. I've played several short-scale basses but they all look and feel like toys. This is more of a pro instrument shrunk down. I have a full-size Stingray and love it, but I wanted something that was lightweight, more portable with great tone and looks. The neck feels good with no sharp fret ends. The factory setup was good but I prefer lower action than most. I adjusted the neck relief with the truss rod and lowered the bridge saddles a little and was able to get low action with no fret buzz. I usually change the factory strings immediately but it came with Ernie Ball strings installed so I'll try them for a little while. I'm most impressed by the wide variety of tonal options available from the passive circuit. It has more variety than my USA Stingray. The tone is full, bright and the strings don't feel rubbery like on some short-scale basses but that could be due to the string gauges used. It even fits in the gig bag I use for my Strats. Highly recommended!
Semi-Pro Guitarist/Bassist, gigs regularly, pro endorsementa, extensive recording experience.
Hard Rock, Metal, Prog, Classic Rock, fusion, Funk.
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 11, 2022 by a customer from yahoo.com
"sterling rayss24 stingray short scale"
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
love the style its awesome. received my bass today and was happy but I just didn't realized how small it was. Its the body ,I understand the intent but what I have sounds good but it looks like something that a kid would have ,it looks more like a toy ,theres no muscle into it theres no beast about it...... and no paperwork came with it.
the neck looks unfinished giving a toy look
I just received it today
no.... great design but it just have a toy look
like the design for me its too small look kiddish
of 1 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?