Sterling RAYSS4 StingRay Short Scale Electric Bass
BACK IN STOCK

Sterling RAYSS4 StingRay Short Scale Electric Bass

Experience the iconic StingRay! The Sterling StingRay short scale bass boasts a single humbucking pickup with high output neodymium magnets.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 24, 2021 by Eric S in Woodstock, GA
"It's a Baby Stingray!"
I literally couldn't resist buying this as soon as I saw it. I've played several short-scale basses but they all look and feel like toys. This is more of a pro instrument shrunk down. I have a full-size Stingray and love it, but I wanted something that was lightweight, more portable with great tone and looks. The neck feels good with no sharp fret ends. The factory setup was good but I prefer lower action than most. I adjusted the neck relief with the truss rod and lowered the bridge saddles a little and was able to get low action with no fret buzz. I usually change the factory strings immediately but it came with Ernie Ball strings installed so I'll try them for a little while. I'm most impressed by the wide variety of tonal options available from the passive circuit. It has more variety than my USA Stingray. The tone is full, bright and the strings don't feel rubbery like on some short-scale basses but that could be due to the string gauges used. It even fits in the gig bag I use for my Strats. Highly recommended!
Semi-Pro Guitarist/Bassist, gigs regularly, pro endorsementa, extensive recording experience.
Hard Rock, Metal, Prog, Classic Rock, fusion, Funk.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?