Sterling by Music Man SUB StingRay Electric Bass, Left-Handed

Sterling by Music Man SUB StingRay Electric Bass, Left-Handed

Just because you're a lefty doesn't mean you should be left out. Crank out fat tone thanks to a basswood body, active electronics, and classic humbucker.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
Submitted September 16, 2018 by Vish Singh in Yonkers, NY
"Fantastic bass for the money - excellent for first timers."
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I ordered this bass from zZounds through Reverb on a Sunday night. Monday was a holiday, and it arrived a little after noontime on Tuesday - from NJ to NY.Originally, I was looking for a 5-string version of the Ray4, but I learned that its not an option for left-handers. The instrument itself feels very solid and sturdy. I weighed it using a hanging luggage scale (for when we fly) and both it and the left-handed Schecter Omen Extreme-5 I recently bought weigh 10 lbs. It does feel beefier than the 5-string though.When it arrived, there was some buzz on the E string. I recently made adjustments to another bass, so just started getting comfortable with making changes to the truss rod and saddle height. This one needed a little more relief on the neck, so I adjusted the truss rod to accommodate that, and after about 4 quarter-turns, the buzzing was largely ameliorated.I've been playing it since, and it feels and sounds great. The Ernie Ball strings that it comes with are a little punchy for my tastes, so I might switch to GHS Pressurewounds or D'Addario Half-rounds.Overall, I'm very happy with the bass. Its easy to play and feels well-made. Right now, I'm still learning bass. I'm working my way through the Hal Leonard Bass Method by Ed Friedland, so I haven't had the chance to try it out with other instruments or in an environment with competing sounds. Even unplugged, it produces enough sound that I can clearly hear myself practicing, yet not enough to wake the wife & kids at night.https://uglybass.wordpress.com/2018/09/12/sterling-by-music-man-sub-ray4/
Learning to play bass, read music and understand theory.
Most interested in extreme metal, but enjoy many types of music.
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 10, 2018 by Adam H in Rossville, GA
"LH MM Sub Ray"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Other than the action being messed up (fortunately it included a truss rod adjuster and a hex key) plays like a bass twice it’s price. Sound is very versatile.
Playing bass for 19 years.
Metal, rock, classic rock.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 17, 2018 by Lemmon Harris in Milwaukee, WI
"I LOVE THIS BASS"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
My hero Louis Johnson of THE BROTHERS JOHNSOIN always played a MUSIC MAN..as well as Rick James.....SOLD!
I am a professional singer,songwriter,percussionist,Drummer and aspiring Bassist! I front my own band THE STYLE!
Funk,Motown,Classic Rock,Disco and Standards
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 1, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"QUALITY FOR A LEFTY"
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Hard to believe the quality Left handed bass that arrived at my home in two days.....ready to play....out of the box. . I'm amazed...I got lucky?....maybe...but very impressed..if this is the cheapest Music Man...my God..you guys are building treasures...
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?