map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 200-780F
  • Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 7:30AM - 11:30PM
  • ThurClosed

Rating and Reviews: Sterling Majesty Petrucci

This ergonomic Sterling Majesty axe sports Petrucci's favorite features, like locking tuners, custom pickups, active boost and radical carbon fiber looks.

"So impressed" submitted October 7, 2017

By Sam P in Murry, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 21 hears. Gig on a monthly basis. Serious enthusiast.
Music Style: Worship, blues, electronic fusion, rock, ambient
Overall: I was at a big Guitar shop near the Center of town looking at strats. Found an excellent American strat from 2013 for $800 that i was all set to take home. I saw this sterling MAJ100 on a stand next to the amp i was using to test the strat and decided to play it on a whim...... WOW! Totally blown away. I've played other Ernie Ball electrics that were much more expensive and played like an expensive guitar. What surprised me about this MAJ100 is that it played WAYYY beyond it's price.The tone and volume nobs are fantastic. Totally impressed. They work effectively with no degradation to the sound at all. This guitar is comfortable. extremely light, well balanced, and the resonance is insane. Frankly when i picked it up it was so light it felt like a toy guitar. Like it's hollow or plastic or something. When i played it though, even unplugged, it clearly resonates like a serious instrument. Even with the amp in my face i felt each note clearly resonate through the guitar. Reminded me of an acoustic almost. Despite trying, and owning, many other guitars (gibsom, fender, prs, ibanez, as far as electrics go) this sterling sold me on it's merits. Not looks though. Initially i HATED the looks. They are growing on me but i think it's because of how stellar this guitar is in ALL other areas. The only thing i wish it had was a way to split the coils.Try this guitar.
28 of 29 people (96.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Disappointed" submitted September 25, 2019

By Anthony Shortte in Antelope, CA
Musical Background: Guitar - 15 years
Music Style: Progressive Rock/Metal
Overall: At the time of this writing, I am on my 2nd Sterling Majesty from zZounds. I purchased this guitar brand new, received the first one the next day and it couldn't have been brand new. At best I think zZounds sent me a scratch and dent. So I thought. . .After contacting zZounds and requesting they make sure they sent me a "new" guitar the 2nd time around, I was informed that I should have requested that when I requested to return the guitar, however they would "hand pick" the next one sent to me. The following day I received notice that it was shipped, however there was no tracking info. After talking to an employee in chat, I was informed that that email was sent in error. So, it hadn't been shipped. (this is Friday Sept 13. 2019)On the following Monday I inquired as to win the guitar would be shipped since their website was saying it had been shipped (still). I was informed that they ship it the same 1 day ground as they do all their items and sometimes the carrier has issues. When I finally got a tracking number, turns out the guitar WAS shipped on Friday. . . .it wouldn't arrive until Wednesday. . . .and it did. Right out the box this "brand new" Majesty had to have the frets leveled. On top of that the trem claw screws are put in at an angle so the trem is hitting the backplate.Those screws will have to be removed, doweled and redrilled to be put in straight. I will be returning this guitar as well, and will buy an Ibanez instead. This guitar sounds amazing. I'll give it that. It's very light. It's everything I wanted, except either zZounds is sending me junk, or Sterlings QC is total crap. I've contacted Sterling about this and haven't heard a word back from them. (in 2 weeks)zZounds acts as if this is a problem for them. However, they did give me $100 gift certificate. I bought a volume pedal with it, which arrived DEAD. It took zZounds 4 days to get me an RMA on that. I imagine getting an RMA for this 2nd guitar will be just as much of a pain, let alone getting a refund. What a shame.

"Trash" submitted October 5, 2019

By Anthony S in Antelpe, CA
Music Style: Progressive Rock/Metal
Overall: I received 2 of these from Zzounds. The first one had chips in the paint in several places, the frets were trash. The fretboard on the sides had bad dings and scratches. I returned it. They sent me another one (that took 5 days to get to me after they lied about when it was shipped), when it arrived it was in much better shape. At least the paint was. Right out of the box the frets needed a $100 fret job. The trem claw screws were put in at such a bad angle it was pressing against the back plate. It would not stay in tune for anything. I replaced that one with an RGAIX6 Iron Label Ibanez. Right out of the box it was a superior guitar. I'll never buy another Sterling again.

When you call, mention priority code 200-780F. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Jueves 9AM a 7PM EST
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2019, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.

Please enter your shipping zip code: