When you call, mention priority code 201-RQJ2

Rating and Reviews: Sterling by Music Man CT50

Bask in the tone only a trio of single-coil pickups can deliver. The Cutlass sports dynamic alnico pickups and a vintage tremolo sure to please any purist.

Overall

"'Almost Perfect'? NOT!" submitted June 18, 2017

By Dave O in Vero Beach Fl./Providence R.I., FL
Overall
Musical Background: Professionally over 40 years
Music Style: All except Hard Nasty Rap and OperaAll that screaming in Italian? No thanks'
Overall: I will say this.....These Musicman imports are a decent bang for your buck...However, it is Not a C neck it is a V....Still comfortable but a soft V none the less......After these are made, they ship to Musicman on Orange County California where they are supposed to get set up and prepped for us new owners...Let me say this..either my Orange County Tech smoked a lot of pot right before he set mine up....Or.....Musicman is starting to slack off and not do quite the nice hob they used to just a year ago!....That really bothers me...This is a lot of money to me....Ive been playing for 50 years and own or have owned one or more of everything on the planet.... $500 is a lot of money for me and Im sure a lot of others as well....Can we just get it right please....Is having my new guitar set up...nice action...and intonated asking for too much? ....I don't think so' Here's mine...Neck needed a bit of relief.....and the frets needed to be leveled a bit especially down towards the Low E....I had a horrible buzz that I couldn't get out and I definitely know what I'm doing....So.....Off to my personal and professional Master Luthier tech to have it done and the whole guitar re-set up with 10's to the tune of $75.00......I don't know who's idea it was to put 9's on a neck like these CT/50's have but,,,, again maybe it just doesn't matter to them any more..I really don't feel thats the case but it appears that they Could be leaning that way....Hope not....These guitars scream for 10's.........Now I never thought I would say this especially in a review but as of Right Now--This Day--The Fender Squire Classic Vibe Stratocasters are a better buy....they need Nothing when they get to your door....they sound and play beautifully....they are a bit less money....well most are...I have 4 of the Strats and 4 of the Butterscotch 50's Tele's....Not 1 of these guitars had to go to my Luthier person....yes some had 9's but in the totality of what I'm saying right now.....Not a big deal.....Musicman?? These import guitars are very nice but it seems like they have been getting a little less nice each year....Dont let that happen please....You guys Rock....Keep it that way for us blue collar players you know.....Not all of us can spend $1500--2000 On a guitar...a lot of us only have 500--maybe 600 on a good day...We want ours to play respectively too"....And last thing MM?....I took money my wife and I really didn't have to pay the Luthier for what should have been a No Brainer......My wife was pissed and I don't blame her one bit.....I look forward to you guys taking back your import line that bears your name on the headstock and getting back on track with all this mess please!...We love you....Definately want to keep you at the head of the class!....And Buyers,,,,,These CT50 Cutlass guitars are nice and sound great....you just have to have it set up...and I mean Basic Set up!....I love mine.....Gig with it 3 nights a week"

When you call, mention priority code 201-RQJ2. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449