When you call, mention priority code 207-72JY

Rating and Reviews: Roland Micro Cube RX

You won't believe it's battery-powered! Loaded with 4 speakers, 8 COSM amp models, and 6 digital effects, this 5-watt Micro Cube puts out rich stereo sound.

"Meets my needs and is a joy to operate" submitted September 21, 2012

By Jim W. Curtis in Ragley, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I started playing after an offshore drilling accident retired me. I own G & Ls, a gibson and epi, a Reverend, etc, etc...
Music Style: I would have to say 90% Gospel/Christian, 5% jazz and 5% blues. I've only been at it for about six years; but, at 64, I love it!
Overall: The amp arrived about 36 hours ago and I've hardly let it rest. I've never owned a Roland product; so, I really didn't know what to expect. I currently own a Peavey Valve King 112, a Peavey Vyper 75, a Mustang V Head w/ 4x12 cab and now the new Roland. It's obviously not a tube amp and I wish it were upgradeable via the internet; but, it's small, lightweight, has great effects, and sounds pretty good, sitting here in my living room. I will probably give it a try at a gig as it's just too convenient not to. I wasn't impressed with the acoustic setting and the tuner didn't jive with any of the 1/2 dozen electric tuners I own. But, Roland could have done better and it would be nice if they sent me something that would improve on the two points I mentioned. In the meantime, I will enjoy the size and the rhythm function, which is great, by the way. It's really a fun amp.

"REALLY NICE LITTLE AMP" submitted April 27, 2008

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Acoustic
Sound: Sound wise its really really nice. I use it for acoustic guitar with a mc in the mic setting. Also use the same mic for vocals at the same time. I did plug a Strat into it to see what it did. It is amazing. You really get a vast variety of amazing sounds, and loud sounds if you crank it. The drum machine is total fun and useful. It has a volume control which is very nice. If you jam with players that tend to speed up this will keep the group straight. LOL. Tilting the amp back makes a big difference in getting the sound out. Feature: Cant say enough. If you cant find something you like here than give up. Ease of Use: Great Quality: Always top notch from Roland Manufacturer Support: Never had a Roland or Boss product go down. The Wow Factor: Total sex. I used it playing out and several pretty girls came up and asked where I got the cute little amp.
24 of 28 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nope, Roland almost had a hit... butthe micro cube RX falls pretty short." submitted August 13, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Punk, Pop
Sound: Wow, I was really disappointed with the micro cube RX.. like the review before mine, I was and am a big fan of the original 2 1/2 watt micro cube. I really wanted a built in tuner and a little more volume, so the MC RX seemed like the ticket. Uhhhh, no, it was returned. It was very hard to dial in a sound that sounded as good as the original MC. The acoustic setting in the new RX sounded little more than a Roland JC clone, not at all acoustic like the original MC. The JC120 did sound fantastic on the RX, as did the mid-dirt channels. However the higher gain models only sounded good at low volumes. Punch the volume up (and there is a most noticeable boost in the amount of volume available) and the tones fall apart, and take a "boomy" and plastic quality. Another problem I had was with the EQ. Almost all of the models required the treble control to be 100%. To eliminate the boomy mud in the mids, the middle control had to really be cut back, and in a lot of cases, so did the bass control. Yuch! Very very hard to dial in a usable sound on just about any model. Feature: Liked the tuner! STILL - Roland, why is there no external control to turn the f/x on/off? I've accepted the fact that you give us hardly any control over the f/x, but it would be nice to stomp the f/x or delay/reverb on/off as needed during a tune. The stereo chorus sounded VERY NICE! Ease of Use: Hard to argue with the ease of use... easy to use as a toaster. Quality: Never had a Roland product take a crap on me. This one seemed as sturdy as all the other Roland products I've owned. Value: Could've been a HUGE winner for ROland, what with promise of sounding like it's little brother, only louder and with a tuner. Sadly, it's "newly designed" speakers don't do this amp any justice, and produce a sad, boomy/middy mess. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: It's being returned...
20 of 30 people (66.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Just get it!" submitted March 29, 2014

By Tim Whitaker in New Egypt, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years guitar, 15 years bass. I play every Sunday at church
Music Style: Contemporary Christian and various other styles
Overall: I just got this little gem yesterday and I'm having a ton of fun. With the various drum patterns and being able to hook up my ipod, my bass and guitar playing have already improved. Did I mention guitar? Yes, the RX sounds very nice as a guitar amp too! When you factor in the chorus, flanger, delay, reverb, compressor and gain (with which you can get a respectable distortion) it has all the most common effects right at your finger tips. As long as you're not expecting performance level volume, this amp pretty much has it all! I won't bore you with the specs - they are easy to find elsewhere. All I can say is I'm very satisfied with the product AND the customer service. Furthermore, I got the four payment option PLUS it arrived the NEXT day with free shipping!! What's not to lik?

"SAVE YOUR RECEIPT!!! They RUINED it!" submitted August 1, 2008

Sound: HORRIBLE!!! i had the original 2.5 watt micro cube, the best $125 money can buy, loved it to death!!! then i upgraded to the RX for the wattage increase and found out they RUINED the modeling settings to the point where after months of trying to get it to sound like the original micro cube i realize it is not going to happen. the engineers at Roland took the best product on the market and RUINED IT! stick with the 2.5 watt original until Roland gets their heads out of their butts!!

When you call, mention priority code 207-72JY. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449