map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20C-P7GR

Rating and Reviews: Roland GO:KEYS Music Keyboard

Even beginners can play the Roland GO:KEYS! This battery-powered synth gives you 500+ sounds, 600+ looped phrases, and performance pads for DJ-style effects.

Overall

"Wow! The Roland Sound in an Affordable & Portable Keyboard" submitted September 16, 2019

By Jason W. in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: I am a professional Songwriter, Producer & Artist
Music Style: Pop, Rock, Country, Blues
Overall: I live in Nashville TN. and wanted a portable keyboard to take down to broadway and play the bars! This Keyboard is AMAZINGLY portable, feels great to play, and the sounds are up to the Roland standard! This keyboard feels like its worth a lot more than $300.00. Do yourself a favor and grab one of these great keyboards! Plus its RED(my favorite color) ;)

"SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA $$" submitted May 7, 2019

Musical Background: Gigging musician
Music Style: r&b, reggae, jazz, ska, rock, hip-hop, electronica
Overall: Sorry about the novel ahead of time but there are very limited reviews on the gokeys so I wanted to be thorough. I bought this keyboard cause I was tired of lugging around an 88 key Korg Kross as my bottom board (using a MX49 as my top board). Wanted to lighten my load for gigs as I mostly just use my bottom keyboard for piano/ep patches anyways. I figured although the gokeys doesn't have the ability to edit patches, split/layer or set favorites that it would at least have a couple usable piano/ep patches to meet my needs (since patches are derived from the Juno series? from what I read) and is super lightweight like my MX. I think I literally read every review ever on it and watched a bunch of demo videos beforehand (since I could not find one to try in store) and ultimately decided to give it a "go".. and ya know save a few bucks vs buying a mid-range replacement board for more then x2 the price.. Although the gokeys looks like a toy, it feels surprisingly sturdy compared to other personal piano type keyboards. It doesn't feel like just a plastic piece of junk like I expected but is still super light weight. The keys have a nice feel to them (non-weighted). They are kinda textured and not smooth which I like. Honestly think the keybed felt nicer then the one on my MX.. That being said the gokeys did not even come close meeting my needs or expectations (which weren't high to begin with). I could not find even one piano patch that was usable or up to par. There are a couple ok? EP piano sounds, had a few usable synth/pad patches but all the modulations/cutoff/res are preset and as previously stated you cannot edit the parameters at all (beyond chorus and I think reverb). The sounds/patches are what they are. The onboard speakers may as well not be there. They do not sound good and peak very easily. Even if I had kept the Gokeys I would never have used the onboard speakers even for home use. Youd be better off using a $20 pair of skullcandy or sony headphones. Beyond the sub par sounds and low quality speaker.. Although the key bed felt decent, there were keys that had little to no response (this could be a one off, I did purchase it as blemished). I even set it to max sensitivity and showed no improvement. I sent it back (zZounds gave me a full refund including shipping cost because of the key response issue, p.s I love you) and picked up a Juno DS instead which I couldn't be happier with. Overall underwhelmed with the gokeys.. I was hoping I could save a few bucks and get by but its has a low price tag for a reason. I had a Casio CTK6000 once upon a time and the Casio walks mile over the gokeys in every aspect! Its still not the greatest keyboard and definitely falls short from mid-range boards like the Kross, Juno, MX, ect, but the sounds on it are phenomenal compared to the gokeys, the speakers are actual good and can get loud without breaking up, it has an onboard 16 track sequencer, arpeggiator, a tone editor, multiple insert effects, split/ layering, and is about $120 cheaper. I would recommend the Casio over the gokeys all day. I gigged on the Casio and the person I sold it to still gigs on it to this day, I would never even try to gig with the gokeys. HOWEVER my real suggestion would be to take the $200-300 you would spend on either of these and double it.. Invest a little more in something that will meet your needs and you will be happy to grow into even if you are a beginner. Save yourself the time and hassle and spend a little extra $. The gokeys fell short of the already low expectations I had for it.

"Great way to make music with minimal talent. " submitted March 21, 2018

By Gerry G. in West Hartford, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Only play for fun. Organ.No real talent, just fun. Love to make music, no gigs ,just me. Tinkering for 40 years.
Music Style: Hymns, gospel, rock, pop. 70's, Eagles, Boston, Fleetwood Mac, ELO, etc.
Overall: Gone are the days of the old Chord organs. Those were organs that made sound through a blower and reeds. Like an accordion but piano/organ style. The better ones were made by Hammond in the 50's. Magnus made some pretty nice ones but later in the late 70's they were more toy like. However not meant to actually be toys. With the old Hammonds, There were clubs in every town, they had a monthly newsletter, and with just one finger on the chord button and one finger on a key you sounded like a real musician. You just needed to know the alphabet and count to 22. Since the letters and numbers were printed on actual music in the books you could learn to read music even if you didn't intend to or if you really wanted to you could. The idea is anyone could play music. Then in the 80's came crappy keyboards. The problem is they were neither super simple to play with real music , and kids had fun with them but never really learned anything. So now, in current day, it's really not having any musical ability or lots of musical knowledge and talent. Kind of one or the other. So those people that want to actually play something but aren't "musicians" are often ostracized by "true" musicians who don't want anyone playing anything unless they are at their level. NOT all musicians of course, but it's a syndrome among many to keep non- talent out of the arena. That sucks. This keyboard allows people who just want to have fun with music just play, and if you can really play well you can also use this, without the Loop function if you choose to. I LONG for the comeback of the chord organ, but until then, this is one fun way to play music without having to prove anything to anyone. Just play and have fun. It's a great keyboard.

"Nice with Mini Cables" submitted April 8, 2018

By Letitia M. in Richmond, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Started taking piano lessons at 5, playing for Church, etc at 11. I am a teacher/organ teacher, songwriter and Church Musician.
Music Style: Mainly Christian
Overall: This is my second review of the Roland GoKeys. After having this keyboard for three months I realize it is much better than I thought. It has full size keys, octave shift, sturdy body, tells tempo, bluetooth, etc etc. An adjustable mini cable can be bought for about $8.50. The mini cable on one end connects to the keyboard and the other ends fits a regular amplifier connection. Great buy for $299.00!! Great sounds too!

When you call, mention priority code 20C-P7GR. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: