When you call, mention priority code 20J-60YC

Rating and Reviews: Boss FS-6 Footswitch

"Get a latching and unlatching-style footswitch in one convenient unit. Each footswitch can either be assigned latching or momentary-type operation.

"A Must Have" submitted October 13, 2009

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Professional Musician/Recording Engineer
Music Style: Heavy Metal
Sound: It doesn't really make a sound, except for the buttons engaging. But I gave it a 10 as it really makes a difference in the sound of the device you are connected to, and it has quiet engaging buttons. Feature: Can be set-up to change an infinitve array of operations and can also be chained with other Boss FS foot switches and effects. I really like the fact there is no AC power connection. A simple 9-volt battery is all you need. No extra wiring to trip over, or cause electrical interference in your music. One 1/4" TRS cable is all you need to operate both buttons A and B. Ease of Use: Once programmed, push the buttons and rock out. Quality: Metal chassis, thick non slip rubber bottom. Stage, studio or sidewalk ready. Value: Well worth the money. I have had a blast changing the different features on this pedal. It's like having a drummer and bass player at your feet once programmed. Excellent for solo jamming by yourself. Being battery poweredit goes anywhere, even for sidewalk or beach jams. Manufacturer Support: Probably won't need it. Between zZounds and Boss it has to be good. The Wow Factor: Matches my Boss drum machine perfect. Looks good sitting next to it. Overall: I love it. I'm going to buy another FS-6 to chain with this one, and an extra one to keep in my cable road box just for a backup. I wish I would have bought one when I bought my drum machine. EXCELLENT!

"Solid Quality Piece of Gear " submitted July 6, 2018

By Tom H in Clinton, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Full Time Performing Solo Acoustic Musician Fingerstyle Guitar, Banjo Piano Vocals
Music Style: Pop, Country, Classics. I also play Classical and Write Music for my own enjoyment
Sound: No sound.....if it makes a sound...something's wrong. Feature: All mentioned in the written review Ease of Use: Put a battery in it, plug it in, and step on it. Quality: Also mentioned in the written review Value: A bit pricey for just footswitch but the quality makes it definitely worth pulling the trigger and purchasing. Manufacturer Support: Gave them the benefit of any doubt as I've never had to use them. I've seen other complaints on other forums of not so good response, but no way to verify this. If I ever have problems with them, I'll let you know. The Wow Factor: It's a footswitch. If there is any Wow to it....that would be from whatever I have just pressed the pedal to create or do. Overall: I purchased 2 of the Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitches to expand the use of my Boss Rc-300 Loop Station. Yes, it's a bit pricey for just a switch, but as in all gear....you are really getting what you pay for. And this switch is no exception. There are a lot of pros and only a couple of cons that I experience with the switch. The Pros: • The housing is quite solid and the actual pad for the switch you press is quality material that I believe will last a lifetime. • A Mode Switch for both pad A and B giving the ability to make each switch either latching or non-latching (momentary or toggled) A real plus! • The switches are dead silent when using. Quite the advantage especially when recording. The pressure needed to press the pads are just right in my opinion. Not to hard to press...not too light. • A Polarity Switch for both pad A and B so it can be matched with the polarity of any device you are using it with. • The ability to use A & B for separate devices with a separate cable or with using only one Stereo TRS cable for the the ability assign both A&B within the same device you are using. • The switch can be slide mounted together with another Boss FS-5, FS-5U, or another FS-6 so they are solid together. Even though I don't use this because of positioning I need for both of mine, I can see where this would be a real plus for one to control their stage footprint. • A red LED to let you know when the power is on and that it's active. The Cons: (And definitely not a deal breaker) • The battery compartment houses the cheapest kind of battery cap connector. The kind you used to see in old time transistor radios with the flimsy plastic covering. At this price point, Boss could have improved this. • Read the Manual for easier battery insertion so the cover clicks into place easily. There is a little secret. After connecting the battery, you hold the battery into the lid so that it fits in an exact position. Otherwise you will fiddle with it laying in the footswitch trying to get the battery to align so you can get the cover to click back into place without force. • If it's plugged in....it's on. I have no problem with not having AC power as I have enough to plug in as it is. But if you mute your system to go have supper or taking a gig break....it's still on if you don't unplug it. And there is no way to tell how much charge you have left. When it dies it dies. (I solve the 9 volt battery problem for my entire show by having rechargeable 9 volt charger and batteries. When I load up for gigs...I simply change batteries in everything my equipment and guitarnneeds before loading for each show to be sure there is always plenty for any gig. Has saved me a fortune buying batteries. The best part for me has been mentioned in the reviews already. The ability to assign some functions (such as moving up and down the memory banks of my Boss RC 300 looper where I never have to unprofessionally bend down to turn knobs. This is a good solid purchase for a good solid product. Again, pricey for being only a switch, but the quality is definitely there to likely never have to purchase another. And last and definitely not least.....instant shipping and superb service as always from zZounds. If you need quality and especially if you play and gig a lot....just go ahead and get the switch. It's a sound investment in your gear.

"Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch " submitted April 1, 2015

By Robert W in Big sandy, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 48 years. Guitar and Drums. Professional.
Music Style: All
Overall: This is a must have if you have any Boss or Roland gear that uses a ctrl input, a punch in, remote controll, tap tempo, or synk function. It has the setting for the FU-5 as well. I used this on my RC-300 and it added a lot more functions. I also use it on my 2400CD, MV8000, VM3100, and Vs880EX. Works great on all of them. You can add to it another FS-6 or a seperate FU-5 they all connect togeather.

"The best footswitch EVER." submitted April 6, 2006

By a customer from edington.com
Musical Background: Dilettante
Music Style: Acid Jazz
Sound: It does not produce sound. Which is good. Feature: DOWNSIDES: No OFF switch, no place for an AC power adapter. It *requires* batteries, and MUST be unplugged in order to turn it off, or you will drain the battery, which is a pain. I hate plugging and unplugging stuff every time I go to play. Other than that, this switch is friggin' AWESOME. It can function as two FS-5U's, two FS-5L's, or any combination thereof, and the polarity can be set for each switch independently (i.e. do you want momentary to be ON or OFF?) Also, you can use a standard insert cable, instead of two separate cables, so that you can be using both footswitches, but have only one cable extending from the unit. Neat! You can still use two normal cables if you don't have an insert cable. Or if the unit you're connecting to already has a TRS dual-jack connector, then you just need a TRS-to-TRS cable, not an insert cable. Very neat and cool! I have found that the function of a LOT of FX/accessories are maximized when you have two (or more!) footswitches (think of all those FX and amp modelers where you "switch banks" -- with one footswitch you have to cycle UP through all the banks, but with TWO footswitches, you can cycle UP or DOWN!) Very seldom do you need only one footswitch. So why not save yourself some time and hassle and just get this one? It's well worth it. You won't regret it, even if you're SURE that you only need one footswitch! Oh, and it has nifty interlocking rails on each side, so that if you buy more than one FS-6, you can lock them together to function as one unit. Or probably you could mate them with the FS-5's too, I'm not sure. This footswitch will save you the hassle of worrying whether you're buying the right "latching" or "unlatching" footswitch -- it can do it all, as the job requires. Ease of Use: Exceedingly intuitive to learn and use. Quality: It's a BOSS pedal. Couldn't be more reliable. Metal case. Value: Wish it had a better price point. But it was SO WORTH IT, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm constantly using it, and moving it around to various other devices that require footswitches. I'm thinking I should buy more of them! Manufacturer Support: You will never need it. The Wow Factor: Very solid and sexy in a BOSS footswitch kind of way. Overall: I would replace it in a heartbeat if I lost it. Like I say, I should own several of these. So should you.
30 of 33 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"fs-6 footswitch" submitted March 9, 2014

By alan lyons in whitman, MA
Overall
Musical Background: guitar key board jam at home
Music Style: rock country blues
Overall: This is a very well built switch the buttons are smooth and quiet.

"Great Addition" submitted April 18, 2014

By John M in Clearfield, PA
Musical Background: Been playing over 40 years. Play guitar, fiddle, piano
Music Style: Play all styles
Overall: The Boss FS-6 footswitch is not only a great addition to the Boss-RC-3 loop but it is almost a must if you are doing live gigs with it.

"Boss FS-6" submitted February 29, 2016

By Randy Wilson in FLORENCE, AL
Musical Background: Songwiter/producer/emgineer/guitarist
Music Style: All
Overall: Works great as expected, using it to control a leslie with Hamptone 2 speeds.. Perfectly silent switching

"Good Pedal" submitted December 5, 2017

By Jonathan Jones in Fort Worth, TX
Musical Background: Guitar, Vocals, Bass, Drums
Music Style: Rock, Country, Folk
Overall: This is a great pedal and works as intended. Quality is good and its built solid and easy to use.

"Very expensive for a footswitch." submitted November 20, 2011

Musical Background: over 50 yrs. Guitar and bass
Music Style: swing jazz, celtic
Overall: The switch runs on 9V batteries which it eats for lunch. The pedals are harder to press than they should be. It doesn't always connect when you press the pedal down. That makes it difficult to use. I use it as on my looper. I have to look at the amp to see if it engaged. The estimated battery life is 100 hrs. If you leave it plugged in it's on. There is no provision for an external power supply.

When you call, mention priority code 20J-60YC. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST