When you call, mention priority code 206-WG27

Rating and Reviews: Roland AE-10 Aerophone

A MIDI wind controller designed for acoustic saxophone players, the Roland AE-10 lets you play sax, clarinet or even synths sounds on a single instrument.

Overall

"Aerophone Takes It to the Next Level!" submitted August 6, 2017

By Allen Smith in Coatesville, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Electronic Wind Controllers since 1990, Keyboards since 2008.
Music Style: Praise & Worship, Gospel, Smooth Jazz and R&B.
Overall: I opened the box, plugged in the included power supply, put on the neck strap, turned the unit on and started playing the soprano model right away. I played 2 worship songs. I love that the sounds have that "threatened" off pitch drift like a real sax. The mouth piece is very responsive and the growl/pitchbend/portamento lever on the back right thumb, allows you to drift off into a "mutant sax" sound if you wish. I am an EWI player since 2012. Before that I was strictly Yamaha WX11 since the 1990's and a retro fitted Casio DH before that. This Aerophone is the most advanced layout and physical model setup unless you are going to buy the actual sax controller (I forget the name of it). I love my EWI5000. I won't be giving it up. But I will no longer play the EWI tethered to my Mac Air running Samplemodeling's The Saxophones. I will use the EWI for EWI type sounds in the future and the flute. But the Aerophone has good enough sax modeling sounds that I can leave the Mac Air home. I will probably keep the Samplemodeling home in the studio. I ordered a wireless unit for the Aerophone and will be wireless on both (Batteries in the Aerophone). The Aerophone BLOWS the EWI away on pure sax fingering. The Aerophone has 21 keys up top laid out like a sax. The EWI has 13 top keys. Playing a scale and being able to lift my left forefinger for instant high octave is a breath of fresh air. You can do the same on the EWI with octave rollers but it's not quite the same as the real sax fingering. I started playing the sax first before I switched to all electronic wind instruments. The Aerophone resonates with me better than any instrument and I have only had the unit 5 days. I will be editing the controllers. But out of the box? This thing is impressive! Nice job Roland and shout out to zZounds for Pay as You Play! It is the BEST in the industry!

When you call, mention priority code 206-WG27. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449