Rupert Neve Designs Shelford Channel Microphone Preamplifier and Equalizer

Rupert Neve Designs Shelford Channel Microphone Preamplifier and Equalizer

The Shelford channel strip gives you the character of a Neve console, thanks to Rupert's Class A mic preamp, inductor EQ, diode-bridge comp/limiter and more.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
Submitted June 17, 2021 by Brian Sullivan in Upper Marlboro, MD
"My Dream Preamp!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I wanted to wait 6 months before I wrote a review, so that I could really test this unit out, and I have to tell you that this preamp sounds awesome! I thought that I would be okay with just my Apollo 8....I was wrong! The Neve Shelford Channel completes my home studio setup. I don't have to tweak my signal in my DAW too much....it's just for coloring now. I dial in my settings on the Shelford Channel, and I'm good to go. The compressor section is so transparent, you don't even hear it ( although I can see it via the VU meter). The Red/Blue Silk Texture is heavenly, and the amount of headroom it provides is out of this world! I saved my pennies for two years to get this and it is well worth it! Kudos to zZounds for their outstanding support! Maybe in the future I can get a second unit, to track in stereo!
Musician, Arranger, Composer, Producer, Engineer
All Genres
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 13, 2020 by Chris P in Minneapolis, MN
"Gooey and sweet"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
This preamp is really stunning. The EQ section is crazy big sounding and can turn any sound source into a monster. The compressor is decent. The preamp is truly wonderful at anything. Love the iron. Am thinking of getting another for a stereo
Homework
Classical
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?