When you call, mention priority code 209-DZZS

Rating and Reviews: Randall RG8 Speaker Cab

Don't let the 8-inch speaker fool you. This sucker can pump searing high gain tone and thick cleans at volumes that would put some 2x12" cabs to shame.

"Great cab!" submitted April 13, 2016

By Jake K in Ringgold, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 11 years. Guitar hobbyist. I play guitar, bass, banjo, and a little piano.
Music Style: Everything from Earl Scruggs to Lamb of God.
Overall: I got this cab to go with my new Hotone Purple Wind head, and it complements it perfectly. It's really loud! I wanted to get the Orange ppc108, but this thing was $30 cheaper and 15w louder. So I figured I'd give it a try.. Totally happy with my decision! I even plugged it into my Blackstar HT-1 combo, which also has an 8" speaker, and I was blow away again! It's really punchy and solid. I'll be hanging on to this one for a while.

"RG8 Wow!" submitted January 8, 2018

By B R M in Crooksville, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing since 1981, mostly acoustic guitar. I played out and sang for a few years, but not anymore.
Music Style: classic rock, folk, country
Overall: I got this to go with an Orange Micro Dark amp. The two make a very small, mean looking micro stack. The sound is more than one would ever expect. Using a GLP Studio, the speaker can provide very nice cleans (with some chime and sparkle when other parts are dialed in) and very strong overdrive tones. I directly compared it with a 1x12 closed back cabinet (Celestion G12T75 - 16 ohm). The RG8 did not have the bass or fullness of sound, but it was good with the sound more focused (10' away and tilted back) with more emphasis on the upper midrange than the 1x12. It was nearly as loud in volume with the same amp settings up to what was a comfortable level. The cabinet is very light weight with a built in carry handle in the top back. It seems very well built and the upward sloping input jack feels solid. This was my first order from zZounds and I'm more than satisfied. The RG8 was back-ordered everywhere, but mine arrived a couple weeks ahead of time. Thank you!

"Can't be beaten for the price." submitted June 29, 2018

By Tristan Dunienville in Houston, TX
Musical Background: Home player
Music Style: Hard rock and metal.
Overall: I bought this cabinet to test out against the Peavey 6505 1x8 Piranha cabinet and an Orange PPC108 and the Randall RG8 absolutely crushed them in every category. Not only did it sound better, was 15 watts louder than the other cabs and sounded more clean but it has a much better build quality and construction at 2/3 the price of the other 2. I tried 3 different micro heads through it (Peavey 6505 Piranha, Joyo Zombie and Orange Micro Terror) and I feel the RG8 cab gives a much more accurate representation of what these heads actually sound like.Can't recommend it enough.

When you call, mention priority code 209-DZZS. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST