QSC CP12 Compact Powered Loudspeaker

QSC CP12 Compact Powered Loudspeaker

Get room-filling QSC sound from a compact, lightweight PA speaker. Only 30.3 pounds, with a 20.3 x 13.8 x 12.7" footprint, the CP12 pushes 1000 watts peak.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 15, 2019 by Don Alfafara in Las vegas, NV
"Best decision made!"
I’ve tried k12 and the k12.2; when they came out with CP12, well, I just got to find out what the fuss is about.I was never disappointed! Just like the k12’s and the k12.2, I search where the red line is for this speakers...my ears gave up before I could get there!It’s loud and clear! I’m getting me another set to cover more than 200 people.Sub not needed but wouldn’t hurt. Luv QSC and the quality they make!Keep it up QSC! I hope you don’t get too greedy and go cheap on parts like the others did!
I use QsC speakers every Sunday Services as a mobile-Sound tech for our church. Sounds great and clear!
Rookie musician: 9yrs & play guitar and drums.
Christian
19 of 19 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 23, 2019 by DJ Nick in Boston, MA
"The Best Of The Best & My Personal Favorite !"
I own the k8.2s which are fab but these CP 12s are my favorite because of the compact size, lots of base, lightweight and excellent tonal quality. Honestly my k8,2s have been sitting in the rack since I got these.Amazing Simplicity on the rear controls , rugged build and great warranty! Awesome mid priced system, I got the unbeatable bundle with the stands, bags and cables, unbeatable !
47 years Live & Recorded
All Styles including world music
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 7, 2019 by Marc S in Myrtle Beach, SC
"Best in class period!"
I've had these speakers for a couple of months. The band I work with plays 150-200 shows a year and we play everything from small clubs, outdoor venues, weddings and corporate gigs. I pair them with a pair of 18" subs, and have used them on a small gig without the subs, and they have worked flawlessly in any application. Very smooth sounding, great bass response and crystal clear highs. Spend the extra money, and with zZounds pay as you play plan, they are very affordable. So don't waste your money on lesser speakers. Buy QSC quality and you won't regret it.
Professional musician, custom bass cabinet manufacturer, and Electronic tech
Everything from Sinatra to Zeppelin
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 19, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Holy crap."
These things. They are the real deal. I’ve been using EV ZLX12s w an 18” sub. Sounded ok. V drums, guitar, synths, vocals, and tons of synth stems off a computer. New Wave/80s synth band. Could not resist the free stuff, so I bought these. Used them today for full band.,Holy crap. But these now. Right now. They are loud, clean, and so smooth....I can’t really describe it. Like the sound is coming out processed, but like, mastered processed. Unless that’s my amazing programming...but seriously. These are the total absolute bomb. zZounds, as usual....amazing. Here in one day. I love these guys. Seriously. If you are are playing to like, 2-300 people inside, these will do it. I’m gonna use them at an outside party next weekend. I’ll try to update this review if I can, when I know how they perform live. I’m betting amazing. My bud bought K12.2s. They sound great. These sound better. At least inside, in a rehearsal capacity.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 18, 2019 by lamont welton in Seymour IN, IN
"Qsc compact cp12 powered speakers"
I have a pair of these speakers, and I must say they are absolutely worth the money .I also bought a pair of the altec lansing powered 18 inch subs ,that r also a great buy in trying the qsc alone, I was really satisfied with the overall sound power is amzing, gd bass,presence, clarity played out over the weekend walk n with both speakers 1 n each hand ,just love the contour setting and u truly hear a difference buy these speakers QSC Compact12 inch is the way 2 go will b buying another set for monitors very Happy Customer.
45 yrs, playing Bass
R&B, Blues, funk,hip hop,jazz,Rock.
11 of 12 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 15, 2018 by Rob Lawson in Wilmington, NC
"QCS CP12 Speakers!"
Received my pair of these last week, and I'm so glad that I bought them! I'm a DJ, and these speakers are the best that I've heard in their class. Clarity, stereo imaging, and power make these my new go-to speakers. The bass that they put out will amaze you! Don't waste time on Mackie, JBL, or EV that are a little cheaper! I can't wait to use these at a gig; I hope to buy the RCF powered sub (with 12" speaker) as an addition! I'm in Wilmington, NC, and we just went two weeks without power...since I got these last week I have mixed everyday! Saving up money now to buy the travel bags / carry bags!!!!
Been DJ'ing for over 35 years, 18 + in clubs.
House / prog house/ trance / dance music. Old school hip-hop.
20 of 23 people (87%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 23, 2019 by Steve Wilson in Clearwater, FL
"You won’t be disappointed."
I’m a keyboard player and sound tech with steady work. I bought these to use at smaller gigs with my cover band. Had to use them at Tampa International Airport for a corporate gig in a pinch. No distortion, no red lighting on the limiter. Clear, LOUD, room-filling sound. They are light to transport, especially with the bags you can tote them in. I have 4 QSC 12.2s, 2 KW181s and TouchMix 16. Other than obvious limits on low-end, these CP12s can and will get you thru most gigs. Get you a pair.
8 of 10 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 28, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"QSC Compct 12" Speakers"
These QSC Speakers are very light to carry. They don't have a lot of features like other speakers do.The volume pretty much needs to be at Full blast to get real Sound from them. The tiny pen size 25DBbutton is a joke and hard to see. The amp only produces high volume in certain positions on the amp selectorbutton on the the rea r side. Overall easy to use and small for maybe a Monitor. As a Main there a bit tinyfor that and may not produce enough volume unless there way up in the air. Indoors is ok but outdoorsthey are only good for monitors or small sessions. I like the fact that they are comfortable to move around.No reverb does not help and an external source will be needed for that. the speakers could use a cooling fan but i guess that's how they keep the price down. If your doing a small show they might be ok but notfor any large event. Any Nightclub small Acoustic act would most likely work.
After opening these QSC Speakers and plugging a Shure Beta Mic into the XLR I see i have to crank theVolume to Full to get some really good sound. Once there on a Mic Stand they are of course Louder.I don't see them being 1,000 watts as they don't blow you away with a lot of volume. However theyare very Clear. Would of been nice to have Reverb in it to add to your set. I have other speakers inthe 1,000 watt range which are indeed loud. They will work fine indoors but outdoors maybe i will usethem as nice monitors. They were a good deal when i bought them but just not loud enough. Mostlikely they put a smaller amp in the speaker with no Fan to cool it down. Over all its fine i just whichit had some more controls and Volume like other speaker do. The good thing is there very Light to carry.
2-channels are nice to have just not loud enough.
Needs to be louder not loud enough with the amp it has.
The product is made well, A little cheaper on the amp side with no cooling fan.
The selling price with the extras is ok, A lot of other speakers out there that will produce a 1,000 watts.If your not looking for louder speakers and clear tone they are ok.
I have a QSC Power amp and i have heard the QSC Expensive Speakers and thats what made me buy these.
I only rate them at a lower number because of no Reverb and the volume has to be cranked full to get themheard. Budget wise its not bad for the money.
Musician & Sound Guy
1 of 7 people (14%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 1, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Best Speaker for the Money"
I am now a fan of these QSC speakers. They rock and rarely clip! If you use them stand alone they can put out some serious sound. If you want to get the most out of them i suggest to use a drive rack! They will be super clear and fill the highs really well. I will buy another pair soon this speakers are also super easy to carry.