PRS Paul Reed Smith S2 Vela Semi-Hollow Satin Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag)

PRS Paul Reed Smith S2 Vela Semi-Hollow Satin Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag)

Featuring a smooth satin finish, this S2 Vela Semi-Hollow makes comfort a priority. Kick out the jams thanks to the model's mix of Type-D and DS-01 pickups.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 16, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Amazing Guitar"
Completely impressed and amazed by this guitar. I'm a Gibson player and own several Les Paul's from Tributes, Studios to Standards. I have fallen in love with the satin finishes that Gibson has been using on some of their guitars but the satin finish on the PRS is next level. You can actually feel the grain and pores of the wood. Albeit it doesn't have that intoxicating new Gibson smell. Fretwork has been less than perfect on some of my Gibsons but this PRS is on point when it comes to its frets. The neck on this guitar is labeled by PRS as "Pattern regular neck" which I had no idea what that meant, but after playing with it for a while I would say it is thinner than the Gibson 50's neck profile but slightly thicker than the Gibson 60's neck. Something that falls in between the two, which I find extremely comfortable. Sound is versatile when plugged in and it being a semi-hollow body, gives you a wide range that isn't too sharp, tinny, or twangy like some fenders might have but still gives you that hint of a Fender single coil. This guitar is actually making me consider buying another one in a different color, it's that good.
18 of 18 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 24, 2021 by a customer from turfcontrolaz.com
"Love it.....though some issues"
Got this guitar for Xmas/Bday first PRS. Playability on point by far the best guitar Ive played in a bit. The only issue is when I would engage the neck pickup it would fall out. Tried a new plug twice nothing, the volume pot was a tad askew also. zZounds were ok to deal with, the issue is they are on backorder for who knows how long. Kept telling me to check back, my personal opinion is they're not gonna carry it. So I sent it back and am waiting for a refund which sux because I loved playing it.