Overall:
2.5 out of 5 stars
0.5 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
Overall: 2.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted February 13, 2022 by fartbox tonguepuncher
"Decent for the price point"
Overall: 3.5 out of 5 stars
I've been using this interface for around 3 years now and have never experienced what the only other review (at the time of writing) is talking about with "audio dropping out" and having to unplug it and plug it back in, so not sure who "everyone" is that's complaining about this. Sounds like user-error to me, which seems to be a huge problem with user reviews at large - but I digress.For the price point, it's a decent interface. Anecdotally, the XMAX preamps do impart a somewhat sterile quality in comparison to my much cheaper and smaller SSL 2+. I have not used the scientific method to back this claim up quite yet, but thought it would be worth mentioning that to my ears there is something about the preamp's character that I don't love.Some complaints I have are that you cant manually switch the inputs to LINE mode, you have to insert a TRS cable to do so. Also, I cannot personally figure out if there is a way to make outputs 1 and 2 separate from the main outs. As far as I can tell, there is no way to do this, so you're essentially down 2 outs for a total of 6 when you look at it like that (there's 2 headphone mix outs on the front already). I spent far too much time spelunking the internet for this information to no avail. This leads me to my final and perhaps most pertinent complaint - the customer support from PreSonus. That is to say, it appears to be non-existent, or at least it did when I tried to contact them via phone for weeks in hopes of finding out whether or not it's possible to route signals that are NOT identical to the main outs to outputs 1 and 2. To be fair, this was over a year ago, so hopefully something has changed since then. Their support forums also appeared to be largely abandoned by anyone but confused customers. What dey got goin' on over dere in baton rouge, them?
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 29, 2021 by Jeff M in San Antonio, TX
"Not reliable"
Overall: 1 out of 5 stars
The audio will drop out pretty much every time I use it. The audio won't come back until you unplug it and plug it back in. It's been out like 3 years now and everyone is still complaining about this.
Home Studio
Rock
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?