PreSonus Quantum 26x32 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
SPECIAL OFFER

PreSonus Quantum 26x32 Thunderbolt Audio Interface

Record high channel counts with super-low latency! PreSonus delivers tons of I/O including 8 mic pres, and 2 Thunderbolt ports for chaining up to 4 Quantums.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 1, 2018 by Christopher V in Rochester, NY
"Quantum is the Only Interface You'll Ever Need"
Hands down, the Presonus Quantum has exceeded every expectation and hope I had. From the build quality to routing, ease of use and functionality – Quantum has it all. To preface, I work as a studio engineer. My system revolves around Logic Pro X. I'm far more into ease of use over esoteric and expensive gear. So I skip the studio's Neve preamps and Avid converters for a streamlined approach. After years of using a MOTU 8pre as my main interface, I needed to upgrade to something with far more versatility. I bought a Focusrite Clarett interface. But I found the mix software to be less than intuitive. So I sold the interface and sprung for the Quantum. And boy am I thrilled I did. I've been using the Quantum for the last 6 months. Here are some of the features I adore about this thing: + Latency is Non-Existent The Quantum's major billing is how fast it is. The latency is non-existent thanks to its Thunderbolt connection. But on top of that, the Quantum has no obtrusive Mix Software. You know how interfaces always have their own mix software? Well as far as I've gathered that Mix Software exists to circumvent any issues around Software Monitoring and Latency. But the mix software itself, it turns out, adds its own latency. So Quantum skips the middle man and ditched the Mix Software. This is perfect, because I much prefer monitoring through Logic. Quantum does come with software to manage preamp levels, phantom power and outputs of the hardware unit. But there's no middle man here. Software Monitoring within the DAW is all you need. + Talkback Mic The integrated Talkback system is worth the price tag alone! Instead of having to pick up a separate talkback to patch in, Presonus included one with Quantum. Fire up a track, set it's input to Input 27, and you're off to the races. The Talk and Dim switches are easy to engage. I say download SoundRadix's free Muteomatic plugin and you won't have to wear the buttons out. That's what I use, so I'm able to leave the talkback running for the whole session. + Recall-able Digital Preamps Digital preamps are the way to go! I love being able to set these preamps to a specific value. And when I turn off the unit and return later, Quantum remembers the values. Digital Audio rules for its instant recall-ability. Now there's an interface that capitalizes on the brilliance of digital technology. Each channel is accessible through two buttons under an infinite rotary knob. Press the left or right buttons to flip through the channels. Use the rotary knob to adjust the channel's volume. I was a little nervous because none of the channels have any sort of dB pad. But it turns out I never need one. These preamps seem to have a tremendous amount of throw. Plus they sound great too! + All the Routing You Could Possibly Need There's plenty of inputs and outputs to cover any need you might have. If you ever need to expand, there's SPDIF and ADAT (I connect my Eleven Rack via SPDIF). But the cherry-on-top is the dual Thunderbolt inputs. This makes it super easy to daisy-chain devices. In my case, I get to use my external monitor through my Quantum. +++ If you can't tell, I love this thing! Using Presonus' Quantum is effortless. I don't expect to be looking at interfaces anytime soon.
Producer and Studio Engineer; Guitar & Bass
Rock, Hip Hop
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 14, 2019 by Talia Shell in Arlington, TX
"This interface is legit"
This is my first multi-channel interface sense the m-audio profire 2626 I'm currently using a PreSonus ione. Firstly the clarity is very noticeable I literally listened to some of my favorite tracks on my PreSonus ione and switched to my quantum and there was a big clarity difference that was apparent to even folks in my house that don't have a trained ear that spoke major volumes to me also the low end is tighter not only that the pres on this interface are very clean and clear. If you are on the edge about buying this interface just go ahead and jump off the cliff and get it YOU won't BE DISAPPOINTED. GET IT ITS WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Singer, Musician, Engineer
Rnb,Gospel
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?