PreSonus Eris Sub8 Front-Firing Studio Subwoofer Monitor

PreSonus Eris Sub8 Front-Firing Studio Subwoofer Monitor

A great match for PreSonus' Eris series of full-range studio monitors, this 100-watt sub brings serious bass extension to your home studio or listening room.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
Submitted February 2, 2022 by David R in Klamath Falls, OR
"Great Compact Subwoofer!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
This is truly an amazing Subwoofer. Because of their range, they can be blown, that being said, if this Sub is set up correctly, it will be reliable as the day is long. I have two of these Subs and I run them with Eris 7 XT and 5 XT. As long as I keep my mix flat and the Sub at no more than unity gain with the tops/mains set at 80Hz and above, this Subwoofer will deliver the lows and be reliable. I would have to say that at medium high to low volume settings, this compact affordable Subwoofer goes as low as it is advertised. I heard the 8 inch Mackie Subwoofer and not only does it not sound as good, it is lacking the inputs and controls that The PreSonus Sub8 has. Even if you do not have any PreSonus products, this is a great fit for those on a budget and with limited space. I have never heard my own music sound any better than through all of my PreSonus equipment. I have had louder and bigger gear in the past, yet not actually better sounding. This Subwoofer is great for home theater too. You do not have to play an instrument to get real value out of this killer little unit. Highly recommend this product.
High quality sound with great range!
The High Pass Filter, The over all controls. I would say that the only thing lacking are XLR inputs and outputs. I know that TS and TRS is easier and more common, yet XLRs would be a good feature.
It takes 5 minutes to set this Subwoofer up to sound amazing.
For the money, it seems well made. Time will tell as I use them bot quite a bit.
Yes, absolutely!
I have not had to deal with PreSonus, but I have heard good things about their customer support.
It has great appeal for those with limited $$ and limited space.
Composing for almost 50 years
Writing Styles: Classical, Classic Rock, Singer/Songwriter, Electronic Music, Psychedelic Instrumentals.
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 2, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Better Than Expected"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
We added this to a pair of PreSonus Eris 3.5" BT monitors we use to A/B our mixes alongside our 5" Focal's and a set of 8" JBL's. This bargain-priced sub hit all the required marks and paired up really well with the Eris 3.5",as to be expected. The nice surprise is how well it performed added to the 5" Focal monitors,via our 1-in,3-out monitor unit. We just routed the sub to the 3rd stereo out of the monitor switch for the Focal's and JBL's, plus cabled out of the sub directly to the 3.5" Eris. Once we dialed in the correct hi/lo pass configuration with the added sub,all was good. We found a sweet spot with the Focal's that allows the PreSonus sub to fill in the missing lows while sounding fluid and compatible within the mix. And it does provide the needed low end! Nice surprise,that one. Plus the sub is smaller than a Mackie we once had (that sucker died twice,total garbage). All things considered,this is an excellent choice for our Eris 3.5",and a welcome addition to the Focal's. We'd buy another one if needed.
8 of 8 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 19, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"PreSonus Eris Sub8 Front-Firing Sub - THUMPS!!"
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
So I've had this sub for about a week and for being PreSonus' entry level sub this thing thumps pretty hard. Paired it with PreSonus Eris 4.5 monitors and sound quality is amazing. And that's with the settings turned almost all the way down, so I'm sure this sub can handle monitors bigger than the the Eris 4.5 even though that's what PreSonus recommends on their webite. I may even upgrade to the Eris 5's later
15 of 16 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?