When you call, mention priority code 20V-KZY4

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus Eris E5 Monitor

Hear your speakers -- not your room. Dial in the "acoustic space" low shelf on your PreSonus E5 powered monitors to help correct for close walls and corners.

"Best Value in Studio Monitoring" submitted December 26, 2017

By Chris B in Minot, ND
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 13 Years, Recording for 3.
Music Style: Country and Rock
Overall: I admittedly didn't buy these from zZounds, as for something this personal, I felt I needed to experience them myself before buying. Let me just say, however, that you should absolutely feel comfortable buying these right now. It should go without saying that, with 5.25" drivers, you aren't going to experience chest-pumping bass. If you're in a large room, you may want to consider something a little larger. If, like me, you're in a relatively small room (less than 5 meters per wall, in my case), these will do just fine. Adding a sub will obviously help cover the super low frequencies, but these provide enough extension to allow me to hear what I need from a kick drum or a bass guitar in a rock mix. Your mileage may vary, but for now, I'm going to remain sub-less. The clarity of these speakers is fantastic. As an apartment-dweller, I've been putting off studio monitors for a long time, convincing myself that I would never be able to use them without upsetting neighbors. While I am limited in how hard I can push these in my situation, I can say that mixing on these is a more pleasant (not to mention fruitful) endeavor than even nice headphones. I've built up a list of reference tracks and mixes that I consider very high quality, and while I'd say I'm pretty familiar with them, I'm hearing things with these that I was missing on headphones. I've been a student of a number of online-audio-educators for a while, and they all regularly talk about the importance of good monitoring—on studio monitors AND headphones. Weirdly, the nearly unanimous opinion of a dozen audio professionals was spot-on! If you've been doing this a long time, you're probably not going to be satisfied with these. Obviously there are "better" monitors on the market. My five-star review isn't to say that these are the best speakers money can buy, but rather that these are the best speakers THIS AMOUNT of money (or indeed, considerably more) can buy you. If you're shopping for your first pair of real monitors, these are an excellent choice. The difference between these and a $1,000, $1,500, or $10,000 pair is going to be lost on someone who, like me, is not a veteran mixer. After all, the very MOST important thing is that you know how your monitoring system represents the music played on it. I plan to take the time to learn these speakers and how they and my room affect my mixes. These speakers can absolutely give you what you need to get good results. Don't believe someone who tells you you have to have expensive Focals or Genelecs or Barefoots to make good mixes. If you're shopping in this price point, rest assured that these are a quality product. End of story.

"Presonus Eris 5" submitted November 25, 2014

By Howard C in Ocean Park, WA
Musical Background: Drummer, mixer, hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, pop, jazz
Overall: Since these are my first active monitors and I'm a relatively new mixer, my opinion is not based on experience. What I will say is that these sound excellent to my ears. They have a lot of clarity. With the 5 inch woofers, I doubt their low end is a strong point. However, in my small mixing room, they are likely more than I need across all frequencies. Especially when bundled with the Pro Audio kit, I could not find a better value anywhere.

"Very nice Monitor" submitted February 16, 2014

By a customer from AOL.COM in North Brunswick, NJ
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: reggae / hip hop/ R & B
Overall: After doing a bit of research i bought these monitors ,i am very happy with these little monster, very impressive with the sound and quality of the product

"Great for the Money" submitted February 24, 2014

By Gus Mohamed in Belzoni, MS
Overall
Musical Background: I'm an RN, was in radio broadcasting for 20 years before the career change. Drums, piano, guitar, banjo
Music Style: I do comedy original and cover songs, instrumentals, and cover the range from Blues to Country to Electronica.
Overall: I started my comedy troop, Big Daddy and The First Street Players in my living room, writing the songs, playing all the instruments, doing all the vocals, then mixing. Learning the recording part on the fly, I finally realized that the song quality of using non-studio monitors was giving me the best possible sound of what I was recording, not the ACTUAL sound quality of WHAT was recorded. I started researching studio monitors and after much reading, video reviews, and listening...I got the best for the price point for my needs.

"good sound" submitted May 18, 2014

By tao wang in rosemead, CA
Musical Background: 1 year
Music Style: classical
Overall: sound is very good

When you call, mention priority code 20V-KZY4. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST