Planet Waves XLR8 String Lubricant and Cleaner

Planet Waves XLR8 String Lubricant and Cleaner

Clean strings are easy on the fingers and ears. Try Planet Waves string lubricant and cleaner to keep them fresh and improve your fretwork.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 8, 2016 by Johnny B in Oak Grove, LA
"Better products out there"
I purchased this product to compare to my GHS fast fret. The product does have a larger applicator pad which is nice. And it does leave the strings nicely lubed. But that is about it. I do not see this item lasting very long before drying out. It is just a coated applicator pad with a cap that does not seal tight. Either they need to sale a product to refill the pad or at least design the product to where the cap screws down air tight to keep it from drying out. The other issue I have noticed is compared to my GHS product, this product leaves an oily residue on your fingers. All in all I do not think it is a bad product. I just wish they would have designed the container better. It is almost as if they rushed this product out to compete with other products such as GHS fast fret. Bottom line I do not see this product lasting near as long as my GHS product and leaves more of an oily film on my fingers compared to the GHS. Once this product dries out I will not be using this product again unless they make some changes.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?