Phil Jones Bass BG400 Suitcase Bass Combo Amplifier (300 Watts, 4x5")
ONLY 2 LEFT

Phil Jones Bass BG400 Suitcase Bass Combo Amplifier (300 Watts, 4x5")

This compact and efficient bass combo amplifier pushes well-articulated low end all the way to the back rows with an expandable 300 watts of power.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 16, 2018 by Craig Yeley in Columbus, IN
"Great amp !"
I made the decision to downsize the rig that I was hauling around. This combo amp is everything that I've been looking for. Awesome features, tone and an extremely small foot print on stage ! I coupled it with the PJB C4 cabinet and there will never be a need for me to use a "big" rig again !
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 2, 2015 by Elliot Kuykendall in Prescott Valley, AZ
"AWESOME AMP!"
I play both Electric and Upright basses and this amp performs like a champ with both. Great tone and plenty of clear sound.
I am a full-time professional bassist with over 30 years experience performing, touring and teaching bass.
I am primarily a Jaxz musician.
24 of 26 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 15, 2017 by Martin D
"Beatiful Beautiful Beautiful"
I have to echo a comment I saw in a review about this amp. It sounds like your bass. A broom stick with rubber bands stapled to it would sound good coming through an Ampeg SVT-CL Head with an 8x10 cabinet, but it would sound like the setup. I'm using an Ibanez SRFF806. With the bass and the amp set flat it's beautiful. Turn up the bass's and or amp's bass eq, or set it on the floor (I always use a tilt back guitar stand) and it rumbles, but still sounds like your bass. Love the sound. Not sure if it's fitting for rock music though. I've had a Roland 2x10 combo amp, and a TC Electronic RH450 and 2x10 cab setup that I've like as well, but not quite as much. It's deceptively heavy, but compact. I could imagine the first time taking it to a gig getting comments like, "What happened? Your mommy wouldn't let you bring your big boy amp?" that is until you turned it on. Beautiful. Just beautiful.
I'm mainly a keyboard player. This is the first bass setup I've had in about 6 years.
Any style I can have fun with, which is any.
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 15, 2020 by David S in Live Oak, FL
"Left me hanging"
Work fine but always got very hot. Same as another review I read , I to called rep and they were not concerned. Plugged in on night and no sound on a gig. Pairs shipping to PJS and when the amp returned it worked for one gig. Called and wanted replacement with new unit, will let you know how it turns out.
When it was working I was very pleased with sound.
Powerful
Straight forward controls
About one year is all I got before failure of power amp.
Yes when functioning
Seems like a small company with customer service. They are all very nice but I want an amp that is dependable. Maybe I got a
I don't know what to say here. When it worked I loved it and the wxt c4 cab
1979
Big band, anything with agrove and other gigs
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 25, 2018 by david smith in Live Oak, FL
"Not sure"
Used this with the C4 cab and noticed the head getting really hot. Called rep and did not get a solid answer. Bass knob seems not to add much to the overall sound. Thinking of trading both suitcase and c4 for something else.
stated in 1976, keys, bass
Rock, folk, blues, funk country
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?