Pioneer DJ DDJ-800 Performance Controller for Rekordbox DJ

Pioneer DJ DDJ-800 Performance Controller for Rekordbox DJ

Light and compact, but heavy on features, the DDJ-800 gives you control over 2 decks in Rekordbox DJ with on-jog color displays, Feedback Reducer and more.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 6, 2019 by Albert M in Spring Hill, FL
"For the most part I like it quite a bit."
Was looking for a new controller to replace my Denon MC6000MK2. I do weddings and needed a portable controller, with 2 Mic inputs, stand alone, with at least an aux out. The DDJ 800 hit all the check marks, but I found it quite pricey. After some serious thought I pulled the trigger. I am a Virtual DJ user and was a bit worried about using Rekordbox I own Serato but still prefer VDJ. The Rekordbox program is simply outstanding. The controller is the right size for a mobile DJ. It is quite light , and built decently. I was disappointed that for $900 it was all plastic. I would have preferred at least a metal top plate, but that would have added additional weight, so it's a give and take. The unit works like a charm. Adding my music, and downloading the program was a breeze. The sound-card is simply beautiful to listen to. It seemed like my mixes and transitions were easier, than on my MC6000MK2. Virtual DJ is already working on a mapping, but I might just stay using Rekordbox. The attenuation on the mics is a welcome addition. Most DJ controllers have poor mic inputs. Your Mic is usually too hot. The unit allows you to correct a too hot mic. I Have not used it on a gig yet, but I feel pretty confident with it. I am happy with my purchase and for the most part I love the unit, but $900! (ouch!!!) If not for Play as You Play I might have skipped this unit.
DJ over 30 years
I play various genres as I do mostly Weddings.
16 of 17 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?