Pearl RS525SC Roadshow Complete Drum Kit, 5-Piece

Pearl RS525SC Roadshow Complete Drum Kit, 5-Piece

The Pearl RS525SC Roadshow is a gorgeous 5-piece drum kit with everything you need to start drumming -- even hardware and cymbals!

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 20, 2019 by Sean B in Chicago, IL
"Good overall. Hi-hats are cheap, though."
This is a very nice kit for the price - good for a beginner like myself. It sounds good and is easy to assemble. After a week of playing, I'm glad I picked up this kit.I only have two provisos for this kit.First - the video that Pearl puts together for showing you how to assemble it leaves a lot to be desired, though. I ended up on youtube and found a much better video showing how to put a kit together.Second - the hi-hat cymbals are cheap... After a day of playing the edges were dented pretty decently. Some of the technicians at zZounds I've talked to said that they might be cheap since they were for beginners - so be warned that you might be replacing those with something better after you get this.
Played guitar and bass for many years for church gigs. Picked up the drum kit for the same.
Rock, Christian, Country Western
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 30, 2020 by DT C in Oklahoma City, OK
"Yup"
I shopped for months trying to find the best deal on a starter drum kit. This is the one I ended up with, and im really impressed and happy. Never played drums before, so I didn't want to drop $1k on a kit that I wasn't sure I would even get in to. The instructional videos from pearl website are amazing and very insightful for a beginner. You have to put the time in learning how to tune a drum, there is no quick easy fix for that. If you don't have the ear for it you will never get it right. It takes time, practice, and playing around with different tones on the top and bottom head. Once you get it right there's no stopping you. Sure there are cheaper kits out there, but this is the cheapest drum kit you can find that sounds great. Whatever you do dont buy used. Spend the money on a new set if only for the warranty. Pearl has amazing customer service, and the warranty on the things that matter will last a lifetime.
Vocals
Everything
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?