PRS Paul Reed Smith SE Paul's Guitar Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag)

PRS Paul Reed Smith SE Paul's Guitar Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag)

Own the SE version of the guitar model Paul makes to his own personal standards. Coil-tap the TCI "S" humbuckers for the distinct sound of single-coils.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 18, 2020 by Travis R
"Unbelievable for an SE!"
Ok, I've always seen the difference between the SE's and the US models. Was never going to kid myself and think that the SE's were just as good. But I gotta say this is the closest to a Core that an SE will ever be. Makes sense in that Paul would never put his "Pauls Guitar" moniker on anything of less quality and just sheer playability. The pickups are amazing and the twin switches for the coil taps are the best system for that feature that I've used.The tones from this guitar are off the charts.I got the limited edition Trampas green version and it is stunning! The top is beautiful and the back and headstock in the more natural color are just amazing!Don't let anyone fool you that you need to change the tuners, lockers would have been great but these beauties work just fine, hold tune forever and are smooth as glass! I won't be changing them for a long time if ever.This just became my goto stage guitar in front of several S2s and Core models. And all for under a Grand.Hell, it came out of the box perfectly in tune and set up no better than I could do myself and I am VERY picky.Insane!
Rock of all kinds
23 of 23 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 2, 2019 by Bob Hosking in Park Hills, MO
"PRS Pauls guitar SE"
Just got my new prs and I must say it is everything that the folks at prs said it would be. Worlds of tone with the TCI pickups beautiful finish and dont let the se worry you it is 1st class in every way Ive had core models and other se guitars this will stand right beside any of them there dosent seem to be any type of music it cant handle. Love it. zZounds is the best
Play guitar 10 +years
Rock and blues
33 of 34 people (97%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 5, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"My search is over!"
My search for my 'perfect electric' has stopped at the PRS SE Paul's Guitar. While it's almost impossible to find the 'perfect' guitar, this is as close to my personal preferences as I'm going to find, and feel lucky I did so! And didn't have to make an exception on the color, as this Amber/yellow is what I wanted (looks great at gigs against a black shirt), and couldn't believe I found it with this PRS! So I got the color I wanted, now what about the important stuff? I'm a bar cover band lead guitar player in Indiana, which means I play everything from country to classic rock, this guitar gives me the meaty Les Paul sound (but incredibly LIGHT weight - good for older players, another important factor for me) with the humbuckers, but the taps that give you actual single coil instead of 'tapped' (you'll have to search for more on that concept) for that country twang if needed. You can get tele, strat, or les paul sounds with easy flip of the switches, which are in the right place and out of the way of playing, but reachable.The neck play is also very Les Paul-like. It's fat, and easy to play ZZ Top type dirty riffs, but also very smooth for finger-picking. It REALLY is a great neck. I think it arrived with the action a bit high, but I was planning to get it setup, fretboard cleaned, etc anyway. But until that happens in the next couple days, I've been playing it all day and even with the slightly high action, I can't put it down. It actually shouldn't be that hard to adjust the action myself since the bridge is just one piece with two screws, but at this price, I'm having it done properly so no questions regarding truss rod, etc. Jumbo frets are awesome, and feel like they've been filed and smoothed, not jagged edges and hand slides up and down the side of the neck with no scraping on frets. Makes moving up the neck very efficient.ONE NEGATIVE, and reason for 4 1/2 stars: Yeah, I didn't think when I read about the tuners that it would even be a consideration to me, but it is odd that they seem a little cheap. Even on a couple of the guitars I returned because they didn't fit my feel test (fender tele custom, and a couple others) had awesome smooth tuners. The tuners on this feel cheap enough that I'm thinking of having them replaced, mainly due to the fact that I plan to make this my last high end guitar purchase (hoping it is my main guitar until old age prevents me from playing live) might as well upgrade those just because.But those tuners are NO reason to pass on this - it's just an absolutely beautiful guitar that you want to look at as much as play. And being a shallow person, the look and fact that it say PRS is a 'proud' feeling to me, which is why I tried a few other 'name brand' guitars first, but feel has to be there regardless of name, so I feel lucky and satisfied that I can not only enjoy playing this gem for years to come, but I can be proud to be seen playing it by other musicians (don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about!)Buy it!
Classic rock/country/blues/variety cover band
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 30, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Creme de la Creme : 2019 PRS SE Paul’s Guitar"
I’ll start this review off by saying that this is one beautiful guitar. The attention to detail, quality of materials and workmanship speak to you early on. I have two other electric guitars, a 2019 Gibson Les Paul Studio Tribute, and a Fender Strat American Deluxe Plus, and when I first took my PRS SE Paul’s Guitar out of the box and started playing it, my first impression was that it isn’t as nice as either one of my other guitars, both from a materials and playability point of view. It also is lighter, has a lot more gloss to it, and has a different feel to it. But the more I played it, and tried out all the different settings available to change the sound, I started thinking that it is a very good purchase and fits in well with the Gibson and the Fender for the very reason that it is different, with a lot of flexibility and many sound options. And even though initially I felt that it was a “cheaper” feeling than the electrics I already have, but after a while it started growing on me the more I played it, and the PRS kept growing on me to the point that I didn’t want to put it down, I just wanted to keep looking at it and playing it. Pre-purchase I was was also a little concerned about the term “wide fat” neck as I have hands that are a little on the smaller side for an average size guy, but immediately after picking it up, it was apparent that concern wasn’t warranted. I measured the neck at the nut and it measured 43.2 mm using digital calipers; my Gibson measures 43.5 and the Fender measures 42.9, so from a measurement standpoint the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar falls right in the middle between my other two, which are both very comfortable to play, and so is the PRS. One more observation on my PRS: as I mentioned, I have watched many videos and have seen many pictures on the PRS, and noticed that on a lot of them the lines on the two separate halves of the top piece do not all line up on, but on mine someone has gone to a lot of trouble to make the entire top have the look of a piece of art, so I feel I can truthfully say that the PRS SE Paul’s Guitar that I received from Zzounds is truly the “Creme de la Creme.” And thank you zZounds for getting this wonderful guitar to me so quickly!
24 of 25 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 11, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"My second guitar purchase from zZounds"
And it turned out even better than the first. There are lots of pics of this guitar all over the web and one online seller even has pics of the actual guitars they have in stock. They all looked fine, but for some reason my illogical subconscious was telling me to order from zZounds, sight unseen. I was happy with the guitar I got two weeks ago....why not again?It arrived yesterday and when I opened the box I was shocked. Absolutely the best looking one I had seen yet. Luck? Probably. But if zZounds is gonna be consistently lucky for me, why change? Nope....Wish I could add a pic of this beauty, but there is no option for that. Email me and I'll send you some pics. zZounds has my email address and they hereby have my permission to hand it out for this purpose.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 2, 2021 by a customer from hotmail.com
"Precision Tool"
My second PRS in a year (after 40 years dotted with Strats & Les Pauls), and I’m continually impressed, as I am with my Egyptian gold Santana singlecut. The Paul’s guitar is about a full pound lighter than the Santana, which is in Les Paul territory at 8lbs 11oz - RARE for a PRS, but I selected it for its weight. That being said - the lighter Paul’s feels like a tactical weapon, which is what I was going for: quick neck & fretboard, under 8lbs, and tonal flexibility. My only nitpick for guitar at this price point (as others on YouTube comments point out as well) are the cheap feeling & operating tuners - they honestly feel like they’re going to disintegrate between your thumb & forefinger. I don’t care if they’re locking or not, but if Epiphone can employ the smooth Grovers on guitars half the price, well - you know what I’m saying. Gonna replace these ASAP with pearloid button Klusons. 7th guitar I think on zZounds PayToPlay, and should be plenty more to come!
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 18, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"First PRS"
I would have purchased this guitar for looks alone. Set up was excellent, tuners really hold with 10's. I was comfortable with it in a few hours. Tone options are very distinct with the split coil function.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?