map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20K-D3HS

Rating and Reviews: PRS P Special Run Custom 22

Buckle up and take this rare bird for a ride. A maple neck adds brightness, while the SP 85/15 humbuckers help smooth out this SE Custom 22's overall tone.

"Sounds and plays as great as it looks" submitted January 8, 2018

By Rick G. in Denver, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years, living room rock star. Also own PRS 245, Strat American Special, Tele Nashville, Les Paul Studio
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Texas Blues. Grateful Dead, Beatles, CRB
Overall: I received this guitar on Friday, and put it through the paces all weekend. No buyer's remorse at all on this one. Oddly, the knob on the tone dial was missing! One chat session with zZounds has a new one on its way to me, but I've already ordered custom ivoryoid knobs that have the PRS birds on them. This will look much nicer than the clear knobs anyway.The action was a bit high, one small turn of the truss has me now at .009 at the 8th fret. The strings on it are 9's (I usually go with 9.5s), but I am going to leave this guitar with 9s, as coupled with the slightly high action, i find myself being a bit truer with my bends.Sustain and resonance? This guitar has it in spades, due to the semi-hollow body. The axe is also versatile, and excels at both clean and dirt. This is also my first guitar with a push/pull tone knob, and aside from the additional bit of hum (which is natural) from the single coil option, this is a cool feature. And the looks! The blue is a tad darker than in the photos posted on the site, and it's better for it. It's simply stunning. The finish was perfect on all edges, the fretwork is perfect, completely smooth edges. To conclude, you can't go wrong with this instrument. It's extremely limited, so if you are on the fence, grab one. Enjoy!

"Very impressive!" submitted June 10, 2019

By Steve W. in Owosso, MI
Musical Background: Been playing guitar 34 years
Music Style: Classic rock, blues
Overall: I’ve been a bedroom player since I was 18. I’m 52 now and I’ve owned American Fenders, Gibsons, you name it, I’ve owned it at some point. This guitar arrived today about three hours ago and I’m still looking for something not to love about it. Although I’m not a practicing musician by any means, I do have a lot of years of experience tinkering with guitars. This thing is awesome! Not only is it visually stunning, but it’s a dream to play and sounds as good if not better than my studio les Paul. The action and intonation are spot on, it’s lightweight, resonant, and balanced. The tremolo arm being a push in style kinda scared me a little... until the first time I used it! Wow! Smoothe action with no spring or nut noise whatsoever. Stayed in tune like a locking system. The pickups are extremely articulate and well rounded with great coil tap tones! The fret ends are flawlessly dressed and the board is perfectly straight! Not something I’m used to seeing on an import guitar. Well done guys! Oh, the gig bag is also a very high quality piece of work.

"Incredible guitar and value" submitted June 16, 2019

By Mark P. in Twin Cities, MN
Musical Background: Guitar hack, church band, enthusiast
Music Style: 80’s Metal, Christian, blues and country
Overall: I own several American made Fenders and Gibsons and this guitar is amazing for the money. The finish is flawless and the tone is amazing. I expected some sloppiness with the craftsmanship but it was better than many of my American models. I agree that the tuners aren’t awesome, but they are functional and do the trick. I might consider putting some Grover locking tuners on it the future. If you’re on the fence, rest assured that this is a quality guitar with some amazing tone. Finally, zZounds stands behind your purchase, so give it a try. I think you’ll also be impressed.

"Great sounding and versatile guitar" submitted May 21, 2019

By MARK P. in OTSEGO, MN
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for over 45 years, but I'm a novice. I collect and own 10 electric guitars and two acoustics.
Music Style: Rock, blues, country and Christian.
Overall: I was apprehensive about ordering a foreign made guitar, but this one casts all doubt aside right out of the box. First, the finish is perfect. The craftsmanship is outstanding and the looks are stunning. I liked the feel right when I first strapped it on. Then, I started playing it and the sustain was fantastic. I played some blues riffs, then went to some distortion and then finally played some church songs on a clean channel. Everything was exceptional. I have some very high end American Gibson and Fender guitars and this rivals them. This guitar is an outstanding value and you just can't go wrong with it. Buy one before they're gone.

"Little Miss (Almost) Perfect" submitted January 28, 2018

By Norm D. in Ypsilanti, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 30+ years, go to open mics, one or two bands.
Music Style: Blues and classic rock
Overall: I can't believe PRS added a trem and coil tap to what was already a great guitar. It was like a dream come true. Add that binding and that quilt veneer...BAM!! Great sounding guitar, clear and bright not muddy. The coil tap sound is terrific, puts the taps on some more expensive guitars to shame. The semi hollow construction makes this all night light, but no you're not going to be in 335-land. My only knock would be the tuners which seem to work fine but don't feel very precise. I had my tech shave the polyurethane off the neck and it feels so smooth. I feel the combination of looks and tone is unbeatable in this price range.

"Perfect in every way" submitted April 5, 2019

By Chris L. in Jacksonville, FL
Musical Background: 15+ years, experienced amateur musician
Overall: Saw a used version of this guitar in a local shop with some issues, and fell in love with it, so I ordered a new one from zZounds. Arrived quickly in perfect shape. The pictures do not do justice to the contrast of the Matteo Blue veneer top against wood grain body, absolutely gorgeous. Played perfectly out of the box, no setup required. Incredible tone, incredible resonance and sustain from the semi-hollow body. The neck feels wider//flatter and has a different feel than say a Fender Strat or a Schecter C-1, but still feels really good and is extremely playable. Not a Shredder guitar, but still great for solo work.If you are looking for a reasonably priced, quality semi-hollow that plays extremely well and looks stunning, this is the one.I wish I could give it 6 stars on the wow factor, truly is stunning to look at it in person.

"Better than expected" submitted February 24, 2019

By Zach B. in Las Begas, NV
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar 18 years.
Music Style: Rock, punk, alternative.
Overall: This guitar is amazing. Looks/feels/sounds great right out of the box. Awesome cleans and a mean distortion. I play mostly rock and this thing handles distortion extremely well; notes come through crisp and clear without any hum or buzz. This is my eighth guitar and is already my favorite, even over my more expensive (and loved) Gibson Explorer. I wish I could afford an American made, but this import is sick and doesn’t disappoint. I highly recommend this guitar for anyone looking in a mid-level price range for a high quality guitar.

"I didn't even buy it from Zzounds but here's my quick review" submitted July 21, 2019

By Rock S.
Overall
Overall: I have 6's 7's and 8's and this is one of my favorite guitars to play.The work into PRS's is second to none. Even if made offshore, each guitar is checkedby folks in the USA. Get one that is -set up properly- and you will love itMy first but definitely not my last PRS.

"Great Guitar" submitted February 1, 2019

By Scott P. in Plano, TX
Overall
Music Style: Rock, blues.
Overall: First off I have to say I love this guitar. Such a beautiful range of sounds and great playability. My only real problem is that mine has at least 3 areas where the finish is sloppy. I contacted zZounds about my issue and they initially offered a small discount. I felt insulted by that and I'm still not happy with having to negotiate with them to get what I think is fair. They didn't sell it to me as blemished and I paid more even after my partial refund than I would have for a blemished unit they have on sale now. Very disappointed considering how much I've ordered in the last 5 months.Back to the guitar, the pickups are exactly as described, clean or dirty they're crystal clear. Stays in tune well compared to my Epi Les Paul, and delivers great comfort for hours of play.Would definitely recommend this guitar and will be buying another PRS soon, just not from zZounds again.

"Awesome" submitted January 18, 2019

By willie b. in sandston, VA
Musical Background: Play guitar,ukulele for many years
Music Style: Play whatever the flavor of the day is.
Overall: As a 55 yr old player I'm amazed at the quality of these imports. They rival all but a limited amount of their USA counterparts. Perfect right out of the box..The 85/15 s pickups are exceptional. I have played many many guitars and all are unique but this is as good as it gets..get one and express yourself...

"Awesome" submitted January 18, 2019

By willie b. in sandston, VA
Musical Background: Play guitar,ukulele for many years
Music Style: Play whatever the flavor of the day is.

When you call, mention priority code 20K-D3HS. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Viernes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: