PRS Paul Reed Smith SE Kestrel Electric Bass

PRS Paul Reed Smith SE Kestrel Electric Bass

A super-playable bass that looks as great as it sounds, the PRS SE Kestrel has PRS quality and engineering built in -- down to the famous PRS bird inlays.

Overall:
4.5 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted August 29, 2020 by Kris Y
"Even more than expected"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Extremely well made, great quality control and a great attention to detail. Hipshot tuners and bridge, the fit and finish was top notch and it balances like a dream. It’s very versatile sonically too. I am able to get a great variety of sounds out of it even without a preamp. Pickups sound really good and even though it’s a passive bass, the output is still really good. Out of the box setup was pretty good, I made a few tweaks to the action but the intonation was spot on and the truss Rod was adjusted properly. I highly recommend this bass, I am very pleased with it and it has become my number 1 for playing out and for practicing.
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 12, 2015 by Paul Stewart in Winfield, IL
"Solid Value"
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
I've owned many different types of basses: Rickenbacker 4003, Fender American Standard Jazz, Yamaha Jeff Berlin models, Steinberger, Epiphone and Jackson David Ellefson models, but the SE Kestrel is the kind of bass I enjoy playing. It's up there with the Rickenbacker 4003. I like it better than the Fender Jazz Bass I owned in 2001. I only need to raises the bridge saddles because I like a higher action and no buzz in my frets, but the bass plays amazing.
I've been playing for 20 years. I play bass and piano.
Rock, Hard Rock, Thrash and Metal.
32 of 37 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?