When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-637B

Rating and Reviews: PRS Paul Reed Smith CE24

Expand your tonal horizons with the CE24. Constructed with a bolt-on maple neck, this guitar's brighter tone is tempered with a pair of PRS 85/15 humbuckers.

"PRS Paul Reed Smith CE24 Electric Guita" submitted August 11, 2016

By Douglas Duck in Terre Haute, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I am a bass player turned Guitar player. I have been playing for 30 years.
Music Style: Jazz, Rock, Blues
Overall: This is one sweet playing machine. The neck is butter. Three way switch is smooth and I hear no noise when changing pickups. I would only have one wish, is that they put a better set inlays, just a little more detail. I recommend this to any level of player.

"Just get one" submitted December 21, 2017

By Zachary M in Baton Rouge, LA
Musical Background: Light gigging
Music Style: Blues and southern rock, jazzy stuff, metal if we can find a venue. Kind of all over the place.
Sound: Sounds great. Such a versatile guitar that doesn't really compromise anything to get that Swiss-Army-Knife usability. I feel like most genres would be a dream on this guitar. Feature: There are dozens of companies that throw a coil splitting push/pull toggle onto a guitar just because everyone else is doing it. And then PRS throws one onto the guitar to actually get a usable split tone. Go grab a Gibson with coil split on it and split the coils and play a show. It's weedy and thin and just sounds like you broke your Les Paul. Now split your PRS. It doesn't necessarily sound exactly like a single coil guitar (Fender, etc) but it's a thinner tone without being uselessly thin. It's articulate versus weak. It's punchy versus quiet. Every single company needs to reverse engineer the PRS pickups and splitting and try and replicate that or they shouldn't include the feature. I have to say.. There really should be a hard case. $2000 should get you a hard case. I mean c'mon. Ease of Use: PRS necks are legendarily playable and the CE 24 is no exception. I've personally never played a PRS guitar at all before ordering this one but as soon as I started playing it felt like playing an old favorite. Wonderful neck feel. Frets are perfectly smooth first to twenty-fourth. Quality: If I had to knock it on ONE thing it's tuning stability. I don't know if it's the bridge or the tuning pegs or the nut or the tremolo system (since it's all proprietary, this is my first interaction with any of it) but I have to tune up a little more often than I'd like for price paid. It's not an oppressive problem and it's easily fixed in any case. Value: $2000 seems like a lot of money, but look at the $2000 price point. Fender and Gibson make great guitars but nothing that's clearly a better value than what PRS is putting out for two grand. I have Fenders and I have Gibsons and I love them. Hell, I bought them before I bought the PRS. But at $2000 this is so much guitar it's really hard to make the comparison. At lower or higher price points I think there's more of a conversation to be had but PRS is the king of the $2000 range right now. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had an issue so far so I can't speak for reliability of consumer support but it's no secret that PRS guitars are as great as they are because Paul Reed Smith is a nutcase whose attention to detail and perfectionist tendencies border on psychosis. It isn't an accident that every inch of this guitar is utilitarian and gorgeous. The Wow Factor: If you're a flame top guy/gal, use a website like zZounds that can let you pick the guitar you're getting because the possible tops are WIDELY VARIABLE. There are tops that look like just a stained maple top and then there are tops that could have made it onto a 10-top Core model. Being able to pick your own top can get people who love flame maple happy and people who think it's gaudy happy. Overall: Great guitar. It sounds great, it's the easiest guitar to play that I've personally played. There's a lot of sustain on tap and the versatility of THE ACTUALLY USEFUL COIL SPLIT gives you a lot of tonal viability. Feels great, sounds great, looks great. Absolutely worth $2000.

"Gibder-Fenson" submitted February 22, 2017

By Marvin Brown in Memphis, TN
Overall
Overall: Great ax my lucky#7. I should know. Just what I wanted. The better of both worlds.I have small hands no fault of my own. The slim carve is welcomed. These pickups sound great on my rigs('67 showman-4×10 Marshall cab, Marshall 9000-Engl preamp-gsp 1101 processor-4×12). A true versatile setup for any application. Way to go PRS! I have a one of a kind custom shop Tele that's a little slicker with a custom neck but, out of the box this thing is awesome. It's worth every penny. My first PRS. I wanted one for years (kinda a fender Gibson guy). I stayed away because of the substantial necks.I have many guitars with custom pickups and these PRS's sound awesome for any application. Y'all hit a home run on this model. Oh yeah zZounds. ...the best ordered it Monday. .got it Tuesday. .12 to pay no interest. .how can it get better Thanks 45 yr.player

"PRS CE" submitted October 30, 2016

By Douglas D in Terre Haute, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I am a prince want to be. I have to play all instruments. Guitar X12 Tenor Sax x1 Bass X2 Piano x1
Music Style: ALL Music.
Overall: Balanced, fret board is butter, access to the frets 12-21 a dream. Sound can be adjusted to be any guitar and any sound. Way to go PRS.

"PRS Paul Reed Smith CE24 Electric Guitar" submitted August 18, 2016

By Bob D in Durham, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing occasionally for 55 years--the last five, very seriously.
Music Style: I play Southern rock, blues and Christian.
Sound: The sound of this guitar is excellent. The pickups are very clear and work flawlessly for the combinations that I need. Feature: I love the single tone and volume control. The vibrato is smooth and tuning stability is great. Ease of Use: The neck is very smooth and fast. Quality: Quality is better than my Les Paul, The finish is flawless. The only adjustments I have made are the tuner screws and the pickup heights. This guitar came detuned 1/2 step but was easy to tune up and intonation was spot on. The only flaw would be more detailed bird inlays. Value: This guitar is worth the price. A hard case would be better than a gig bag but that is my personal preference. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal wit the manufacturer yet. The Wow Factor: I have received quite a few compliments as to the sound and beauty of this guitar. I am very pleased with my purchase. Overall: This guitar has been a great purchase as I have played it quite often in Church and am pleased with the sound and quality of this instrument.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best of both worlds" submitted May 13, 2018

By Jacob B in Dickinson, ND
Musical Background: 15 years playing, touring, recording
Music Style: Blues to metal and literally everything in between.
Overall: This guitar is a great "middle man" in the feel and playability to fender and gibson. PRS gets a huuuge leg up in the quality department over anything I've played recently. Flawless feel and playability right out of the box. I play everything from blues to metal and I can dial it in. Pups could be hotter than they are and a hard case on a 2k guitar would be nice. All in all this guitar is worth serious consideration. It does come with a sweet PRS sticker. I feel that free stickers really set the tone for a exciting product unpacking.

"A WARNING TO ALL FUTURE PRS BUYERS!!!!" submitted June 14, 2016

By Cullen Wallisch in Denver, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Professional touring musician.
Music Style: Rock, jazz, blues, metal
Overall: While the PRS CE is a beautiful instrument, sounds and looks, alike, be warned, these guitars seem to be only good for show pieces, as they are fragile. Upon Adjustment of the truss rod by my tech, the "P" on the Paul Reed Smith logo on the headstock has lifted from the headstock. The issue is that the logo sits ON TOP of the headstock. Yes, that means there's nothing protecting the logo, so a small nudge of a finger nail, or cleaning of any kind will eventually lift the entire logo off the headstock. ON A $2000 GUITAR?! Absolutely not, not okay. This is the last PRS I will purchase, knowing that this is a common practice across their core line. BUYER BEWARE!
19 of 55 people (34.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-637B. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST