When you call, mention priority code 204-XMNB

Rating and Reviews: PRS 2018 SE Standard 24

Featuring all-mahogany construction and a rosewood fretboard, the PRS SE Standard 24 combines pro-level build quality and tone at a budget-friendly price.

"Great guitar - once you brick the tremolo " submitted May 5, 2018

By Mark L in Clermont, FL
Overall
Overall: I totally agree with one of the other reviews that describe the tuning issues - however, once you brick the tremolo system, that problem goes away. There are many ways to do this (google it). I usually do this with most trem systems because I hate having to “over bend” notes to compensate for the “give” in the bridge. That said, I think this guitar is a good value for the money. The neck feels like a PRS - real easy to play. The pickups sound nice (better in Humbucking mode in my opinion - the coils taps are nice but I don’t know...). The binding on the neck and body is a nice touch.

"No regrets" submitted August 24, 2018

By Shane A in Mt. Pleasant Mills, PA
Musical Background: Playing for 15 years / drums & guitar
Overall: Beautiful guitar. Some imprefections. There is a dark spot on the underside of the head stock and theres a minor fracture on the binding on the neck. Being the baseline model I'm not too upset about that. Feels and sounds great. Dont really hear a difference from the neck position to the middle position though. Tremelos very nice. I used to own a se custom 24 but now got this and I dont regret it. Hope to have it for many years.

"PRS SE 24Standard cherry" submitted September 20, 2018

By Michael Sons in Highland, IN
Musical Background: 52 years, jam, open mike nights
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: I have been playing for 52 years. I have owned dozens of guitars. I finally purchased a PRS semi hollow last year and claim it to be the best of my collection. I have Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Epiphone and more. I purchased this guitar because I was curious to see if it would be comparable to the similarities between Epiphone and Gibson as I have been very happy with my Epiphones. I am still blown away at the perfection of this Indonesian made unit. It plays like butter!!! I wanted the blue as most my gear is blue but the cherry was available,,, now I’m considering buying another and get blue. I can’t name a better playing guitar. My American made cost over 3 times the price and they both are amazing. Hard to believe,, wish I had this one 40 years ago. I wonder now how well the Korean models are made.

"Tuning Issues" submitted January 4, 2018

By Jeff S in Leicester, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Over 40 years of playing.
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: My first PRS and probably my last. I purchased the new 2018 PRS SE Standard 24 in Cherry. Beautiful guitar and seems to be well constructed except I could not get it to hold tune at all. Adjusted neck relief, checked intonation which seemed spot on, checked to make sure tuners were tight, used some graphite in the nut slots, stretched the strings. I worked on it off and on for 2 weeks before returning it. PRS talks about how all Asain made PRS guitars are well set up in their USA facility but something was wrong with this one. Not real impressed with the sound of the pickups through my Blackstar HT 40 MKII either. I replaced it with a Gibson Les Paul Studio and couldn't be happier....I know the Gibson was about $500 more in cost but a $500 dollar PRS ought to at least stay in tune!! Sure, I could have taken it to a tech but don't feel that I should have to spend $50 bucks (or more if it needed a new nut or new tuners) just to fix something that PRS claims to check!! I have a feeling the issue might have been in the trem system. Oh well. zZounds was very good with the return process.
29 of 41 people (70.73%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"PRS standard 24" submitted July 27, 2018

By Dennis Harmison in Sandyville, WV
Overall
Musical Background: been playing over 50 years in every dive up and down the east coast.
Music Style: rock, blues, classic rock.
Overall: I don't get the bad review about tuning issues, my standard 24 was in tune and perfectly set up out of the box. The only issue I had was they forgot to put the whammy bar in with it, but all it took was a phone call and they shipped me one right away. I have 3 Stratocasters and have had many Les Pauls in the past and this is the best of both worlds. I have band rehearsal today and I feel confident it will impress my bandmates. For under $500.00 it can't be beat, in fact I would have expected it to cost way more. Do yourself a favor and buy one while they last, because they are selling out fast.

"PRS standard 24" submitted August 3, 2018

By Dennis Harmison in Sandyville, WV
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for over 50 yrs.
Overall: I ordered a blemished tobacco sunburst one and can not find a blemish on it. Lucky me. This is the first new guitar I have bought that right out of the box, it was set up perfectly and IN TUNE. I couldn't believe it shipped about 1,000 miles and was in tune. The other reviewer that had tuning issues apparently got a bad one. This guitar is rock solid. I own 3 Strats and over the years have owned many Les Pauls too. I wanted a humbucker equipped guitar ,but without the Les Paul weight, and found it with this guitar. Sounds great. Looks great. Buy one.

When you call, mention priority code 204-XMNB. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST