When you call, mention priority code 208-CFG2

Rating and Reviews: PRS 2018 SE Custom 24

An iconic Custom 24 can be yours at an incredible price! This SE version features a maple top, mahogany back, and a pair of 85/15 "S" pickups for hot tone.

"Simply outstanding!" submitted June 16, 2018

By Bobby Rust in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Touring pro, and music teacher
Music Style: Classic Rock, Jazz, Folk, Country, Folk/Rock, Celtic Pop
Overall: I've been playing, for nearly 54 years. I've owned a LOT of guitars. From my first one, a 1956 Gretch Country Gentleman, to Fender Custom Shop Strats. AND, I've owned a few PRS guitars, as well. But THIS one?? I am blown away, right out of the box! Set up is perfect, and OMG, the amazing tones you can get! (I play through a Marshall MG 50 CFX). I haven't really put her through her paces yet, but what I CAN tell you, is that the finish is flawless (Whale Blue), there is NO fret spray, not a single buzz... She's just perfect! I have nothing bad to say, at all. Of ALL of the PRS guitars I've had, (As well as the others), this one blows the rest, outta the water!

"A PRS To Be Proud Of" submitted July 25, 2018

By Lawrence B in Green Lane, PA
Music Style: It varies. Rock, Blues, Country, Metal
Overall: Great guitar! Very versatile! It is now my Number One. Unlike previous SE's these new pickups sound great and have lots of character. Great cleans, they crunch really nice and when you throw distortion at them they shine on through. Driving a Bugera V22 1x12 for Blues, Country, and Classic Rock and a Bugera G5 Head matched to a Bugera 1x12 cab for heavier stuff. It's not a Tele, it's not a Strat, it's not a Les Paul. It has it's own special sound. Overall craftsmanship is outstanding. The "wide thin" neck is extremely comfortable and easy to play on. Frets are well finished. The bridge is very solid. The neck heel join might be a little off-putting to some folks, but the cut on the lower bout mitigates that somewhat. Can't comment on the stability of the vibrato bridge as I don't really use it, but the bridge and saddles are rather beefy, so sustain isn't lacking. Cosmetically this guitar is a standout (I have the Trampas Green). Bird inlays are nicely done and don't have that cheap look to them that I seem to remember from previous SE's. The new headstock logo, with Paul's signature prominently displayed, with a much smaller "SE" underneath add to the overall charm. This is a quality instrument at a great price.

"Working Players best friend" submitted September 28, 2018

By a customer from yahoo.com in harrisville, WV
Musical Background: playing since 1964
Music Style: Blues / Rock / Country
Overall: After 54 years of playing guitar I have to simply say, this is a working player or guitar lovers best friend.The craftsmanship of this imported model is excellent. The neck is wonderful. Fret work is superb. The 85/15S pickups are dynamic and articulate. The controls and switch are very responsive and solid.Now the tuning issues that many complain of can be cured with a set of locking tuners that don't cost a lot. I replaced mine and tuning is rock solid. Stock one's aren't terrible but a good set of locking ones like the Gotoh's I bought simply eliminates that issue The hardware is 99% outstanding. The bridge is very solid and stable.The best thing is... this guitar can cover about any genre of music. Buy it and you won't be disappointed.PRS customer service is second to none, trust me on that one. zZounds is the best to deal with. I should know I have bought many instruments, amps and about everything else from them and they are the internet's best dealer.

"Love it..." submitted May 27, 2018

By Tim Moore in Columbus, OH
Musical Background: Returning player after 25 years not playing
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, hard rock
Overall: Just getting back into playing after 25 years away and this is a great guitar to come back to. clean sound, beautiful finish... high quality thru and thru.

"Great guitar with some issues" submitted September 9, 2018

By Rick P in Staten Island, NY
Musical Background: Playing 25 years
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Jazz
Overall: I purchased my PRS SE 24 from zZounds.com over a month ago and have enjoyed playing it every day since. The fret work on this guitar was excellent. Apparently, these guitars are setup at the PRS factory in Maryland after being shipped from overseas. Having said that, the pickup height was off and needed to be adjusted – not really a big deal. The playability of this guitar is second to none with silky smooth bends and low action. The nut seems to be an issue. Had a real difficult time getting the guitar to stay in tune as the nut slots were slightly tight and grabbing strings during tremolo use. I put some Nut Sauce on the nut and it got better, but not a 100%; I have since replaced the nut with a TUSQ nut. The bridge saddles were also causing the strings to stick and stay sharp during tremolo use – again nut sauce helped alleviate this issue. Many posts indicate that the nut is a must upgrade for the SE model – hopefully PRS addresses this in the future.Sound-wise the guitar plays great and the new pickups are good sounding and appropriate for all kinds of music; I play classic rock, jazz and some metal. I’d have given this guitar a max rating if it weren’t for the nut issue.

"pawn shop gold" submitted February 13, 2018

By ronnie sampson in winchester, VA
Musical Background: home plunker
Music Style: rock/metal
Overall: I purchase most of my stuff from zZounds but came across this prs custom 24 in a pawn shop bought it just for its looks alone I believe its a 13 or 2014. Got it home oiled the board,new strings and set it up and to be totally honest in my opinion it matches my American made Les Paul,SG, and Strat. Sounds great neck is comfy trem system is great.Just thought id put this in in case someone was wondering about this model. (Like to leave a pick but guess i cant) Got some guitars to pay off purchased from zZounds of course rest assured my next will be a American made PRS.

"Awesome Guitar" submitted March 17, 2018

By Jesse Gray in Newton, KS
Musical Background: Guitar - 8 years
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Metalcore
Overall: For such a low price, this guitar is fantastic. If you play metal, you may want to swap out the pickups, and have the nut slots filed a little if you're putting thicker strings on. Otherwise, it's very solid straight out of the box. Little to no issues with fret buzz & action.

When you call, mention priority code 208-CFG2. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST