Orange Crush 35RT Guitar Combo Amplifier with Reverb (35 Watts, 1x10")

Orange Crush 35RT Guitar Combo Amplifier with Reverb (35 Watts, 1x10")

Featuring 35 powerful watts, footswitchable clean and dirty channels and a fully buffered effects loop, the Crush 35RT raises the bar for practice amps.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 3, 2015 by David Brown in OREGON, OH
"Perfect for the price."
From sparkling cleans to thumping lows, the 35rt impressed me. I use it mostly for rock/metal and it's 4 stage gain suits that. It's got a 10 inch speaker but it sounds much larger than that. Others have said that the amp is voiced dark and I suppose I'd agree with that but honestly, I prefer that. On top of all that, it behaves a bit like a tube amp does. It's very responsive to my pick attack and has a very complex sound. If you crank the gain and hit a G chord, you'll hear every bit of that note...every string will come through, nothing muds up and turns into mush. Very impressive. Just buy this thing, it's the perfect practice amp and can keep up with a drummer if that is the only person you're playing with. Otherwise, mic it and you can play anywhere and in any situation. Orange has created a winner with this one!
15 years playing semi-pro and at home.
Metal, hard rock, rock.
66 of 66 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 5, 2015 by Jon H in Kissimmee, FL
"Sweet Little Beauty"
This is the sweetest little 24.8 pounds of amp you could ever ask for. I have finally heard the sound of my strat and not just the amp. Any sound you could possibly want is in this little monster. It easily did a five piece band live job without any effort.
50 years of playing guitar
Rock, Country and Blues
27 of 27 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 2, 2016 by Leon L in Mary Esther, FL
"Awesome amp"
Don't be fooled by 35 watts. This amp cranks out the sound. Has great gain and the clean tones are really good. It does act like a tube amp depending on how you play. Reverb is a nice touch. Not modeling, just good sounds from classic crunch to high gain. Love this amp.
40 yrs
Blues, classic rock, 80's hairband
16 of 16 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 27, 2017 by Sean E in Fort Smith, AR
"Orange All The Way"
Seems the tone of the Orange amps are either "love them" or "hate them". Me personally, I love them. And this little amp punches way above it's weight class....definitely sounds like a bigger amp.
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 31, 2016 by Mike Y in Linton, IN
"Orange crush 35RT combo amp"
Really great clean sound. Great dirty side too. Best practice amp out there. Better than some amps that cost Twice as much. Tuner works great. You won't be disappointed.
Playing for years.
Rock. Metal. Blues.
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 27, 2019 by Collin Hall in Syracuse, NY
"Amazing amp!"
This amp has no business being as loud as it it for it’s size.
Very responsive to pick attack’s. Not great at low volumes. This amp is built to be played loud, so if you’re in your bedroom I’d recommend headphones.
Has built in tuner which is very accurate and easy to use. Reverb is super nice and sounds great. Has effects loop, and is compatible with the FS-1 foot switch.
Plug it in, mess around with some knobs and you’ll be hooked.
I love the orange color.
As stated previously. This amp has no business being this loud for the piece and size. It’s just amazing
Full support via online or over the phone.
I giggled with a huge grin when I first turned it on and started playing. Everything was set to noon at first. Made my neighbors mad!
25 years, jam at home
Blues, rock, metal etc
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 9, 2016 by Eddie Bridges in Rocky Top, TN
"AWESOME AMP"
I'm a 40 plus years Fender man! This is my first new Orange guitar amp but, I am happy to make the switch. These things are built like a tank, look amazing and sound awesome. If I didn't know better I would swear that this was at least a 65 watt x 12 amp. Loud as I ever want to be. Take it from an old picker. If you are considering this amp, don't hesitate. If you're not considering one of these, I highly recommend it. B T W if you like a great with fantastic reverb this is the one!
Over 40 years semi-pro lead guitar, rythem guitar, mandolin, 5 string banjo, lap steel, bass and piano tuning tech.
Long time southern and bluegrass gospel.
23 of 24 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 19, 2019 by Za Micale in Reno, NV
"Just WoW"
I have played my cigar box guitars, electric guitars, ukes and harmonica microphone into this amp. Never was a fan but wanted to give it a shot. I am extremely pleased by the quality of the warm tones and how loud this amp gets for 35 watts. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was not having an actual designated volume button. You use the Gain & clean knobs for volume. I highly recommend this if you play Cigar Box Guitar or a big body Gretsch/Gibson/Epiphone because they really sing thru this. If you play harmonica any harmonica bumps to the microphone pick up. I would use a hand made mic specifically for harmonica that come with it's only little amp that you can still plug into a speaker. That's what we used here and it worked perfectly. However, my high end microphones with the harmonica caught every single detailed sound outside of playing. Also, I usually prefer my Jackson V played thru a Randall but it sounded pretty mean with an additional distrotion effects pedal thru this amp. I recommend a Boss blues for additional gain if you need it, I used my Waza version blue pedal. It's fantastic and it's way beyond what I thought it was going to be. The tuner in it works great also, we tested it's accuracy with an expensive tuner pedal and it's very impressive
Musician since 1986, drums/percussion, bass, guitar, cigar box, etc...
Everything but lean towards mean growling blues and post rock.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 17, 2020 by Mike N in Rice Lake, WI
"Love ORANGE!!!"
Wanted to say for at least a week before I wrote any review positive or negative. The Crush 35RT is worth every penny plus some! Amazing clarity, in clean channel with plenty of headroom. And love the reverb and amazing sounding overdrive. Will refer orange to anybody that wants to listen. And also have to throw out major props to zzounds for great customer service! No hassle! And no questions asked! That's a great company!!!
Have played guitar for the better part of 20 years for fun. Never took it to the next level, just love the blues and Rock n roll
Blues, classic 60's/70's rock, 80's hairbands and some 80's metal, 90's rock with a tidbit of alternative. And then some 2000's
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 5, 2015 by Timothy Hawkins in San Francisco, CA
"RT35 Crush review"
The Crush 35RT gives you, not solid state modeling, but very sensitive analog Gain and Dirt knobs that with just a touch can open up new levels of tone and distortion to make you smile. A little finger pressure or less on the strings and frets helps you explore new auric sensation and vibrations.
played clarinet (8 years), congas(4 years) timbales (2 years), acoustic and electric guitar(2years).
JAZZ, BLUES, ROCK
17 of 18 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 23, 2016 by Joel E in SEASIDE, OR
"WOW"
when I first tried learning guitar as a teenager I had no idea where to begin, which ultimately lead me to quitting. I also had a cheap amp that didn't do anything, which didn't even give me anything fun to do just as a noisemaker. now 20 years later and I'm learning the instrument properly, and now I have an amp that out of the box can produce most of the sounds I have always wanted to play with, all with only a handful of simple controls. this thing ROCKS! and it really cranks too. I think I can pretty much knock overdrive and distortion pedals off my want-list, cause the gain on this thing has me covered there. since starting to learn I've compiled a books of about sixty of my favorite songs from genres ranging from classic rock, to folk, to punk , to alternative, to metal, to R&B, and I can easily find a tone on this that is perfectly suited to anything in there (save perhaps some that works best on acoustics). it's easy to use, does everything I hoped it would and more, solid as a rock, looks cool, and it smells like a new car.
12 of 13 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 9, 2015 by Paul Kubiak in Cincinnati, OH
"Awesome little amp!"
I needed a portable amp to go along with my new Epiphone Riviera. I was looking to try something new. This small amp thinks it's a full size! What an incredible sound! It's got all the heart that Orange is known for. Beautiful rich clean sound, sustains for hours! The dirty channel is amazing, so much gain without being uncontrollable, or muddy.
40 years
Rock, blues
12 of 13 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 21, 2016 by David G in Roan mountain, TN
"Awesome Amp!"
Surprised at the sound coming out of this amp. Very nice clean tone. The onboard distortion is a little hissy at high volume. I think I will buy another one soon.
10+ years on guitar and bass
Metal, Ambient, classic rock
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 21, 2015 by Patrick O in Manchester, NH
"loud and slightly tube-y"
its a solid state amp, but at $259 (with a dirt channel to die for and a tube-y tone definition), its hands down the best amp at that price range. i have yet to mic this bad boy but the 4x12 simulation on the headphone output is decent enough for a demo's guitar tone. the spring reverb is totally use-able, i prefer using it for some subtle air underneath my cleans but it can definitely get hall-like.this thing is great as a practice amp, home recording amp, and even gig amp. again, i have yet to try an amp that can match this beast at $259. i love it.
14 years. guitar, bass, drums.
rock, hard rock, punk ska, blues, post-rock
10 of 11 people (91%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 7, 2017 by Marc Brewster in EUCLID, OH
"It's a Clean Dirty Beast"
This amp is absolutely amazing right out of the box! Too many different tones to mention and "THE VOICE OF THE WORLD SPEAKER" is gorgeous sounding. Orange Amplification has made an amazing affordable amp that you can rely on.
Guitar Builder Home & Garage Jamming. Annoying the neighbors.
Blues, Dirty Blues
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 2, 2015 by Nikos Papathanassiou in Homestead, FL
"A great sounding amp"
I have never heard an amp of this size and price sound better. You have to hear this thing on high gain to understand.
I have been playing guitar for 25 years
Heavy Metal-Rock-Classic Rock-Classical
8 of 9 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 14, 2018 by Ward P in Dyer, IN
"Excellent Amp"
First Orange Amp I've owned. Been playing off and on for 39 years. Good tone, nice difference between clean and dirty channels. Very loud, if you want to.
39 years
Rock, punk
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 11, 2017 by walt young in Sou, CA
"PLENTY LOUD"
This is not like the multi simulations amps. One clean one dirty channel and reverb. It does them all just fine. This little amp can get LOUD. The speaker is not like fender speakers that flub and buzz out. I have the 60CER for big stage or outside gigs. This amp will cover most rooms no problem. The nice thing about this amp is portability whereas my 60 is not exactly grab and go.
Play Professionally
Blues, Country rock.
5 of 7 people (71%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 25, 2020 by Tony Risi in Fort Lauderdale, FL
"Unacceptable"
I bought this amp, tried it out, it is screechy, the clean is awful and unusable. I called zZounds and they issued me a return. I have bought thousands of dollars of equipment from this company. The jerk on the line said yea ok but you have to pay to ship it back. This is the last thing I will ever buy from zZounds.
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 5, 2017 by Tyson S in Jewell Ridge , VA
"An awesome bedroom amp! "
So I bought this to be a bedroom practice amp just to mess with in my spare time and in the end I got what I paid for plus a lot more. The clean channel is okay, not as good as the clean channel in a Fender but as good as most of the other competition you'll find in the same price range. The dirty channel is where things start to get fun. This amp has a satisfying crunch that you wouldn't normally associate with a 250 dollar combo amp and it's awesome. This little amp can also make some seriously loud noise for no larger than it is. I've yet to turn either master knob all the way over because, honestly, in my smaller room that I play in it would almost be painful lol. The speaker puts out sound at a high volume and the tones that come out are great. As far as quality goes it's not bad by any means. The knobs feel like they're made of a cheaper plastic but they stay where you put them and that's all that matters there. I opted for the orange Orange lol and I wasn't disappointed, it looks awesome! The amp was shipped in two boxes and worked perfectly upon arrival so kudos to both Orange and Zzounds there. All and all if you're looking for a good sounding practice/bedroom amp then you can't go wrong here and if you're looking for a good sounding practice amp that catches the eye then you really can't go wrong lol. As far as the ratings go, everything is great. The amp doesn't have many features, however, as it's fairly old fashioned. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. With the amp you get clean and dirty channels, built in reverb, and a little tuner built in. As for manufacturer support.. well.. I've not had to contact Orange so I can't really answer on that one.
The clean channel isn't bad but isn't the best out there. The dirty channel is very dirty, sounds extremely good for a solid state amp, and is very, very fun!
You get standard bass, treble, and middle as well as master volume controls for both the dirty and clean channels. The only real "extra features" you get are built in reverb and a tuner.
It's pretty simple and analogue. Adjust a few knobs and go to town, option paralysis shouldn't be an issue here.
Everything is fantastic, only nitpick is that the knobs do feel like they're made of cheaper stuff but that really is a nitpick.
It's a bit on the pricy side when compared to similar amps in the same sort of category, but I don't regret buying it one bit!
Haven't had to call Orange for anything yet but I'll report back if I ever do.
It's a bright orange little amp that makes awesome noises. It's got plenty of wow factor haha.
1 of 3 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 6, 2015 by Kevin K in Pittsburgh, PA
"Decent practice amp"
I was looking for a low wattage practice amp and maybe something I could use for re-amping guitars. I came across the orange crush. I've always loved the orange sound that vintage tone and I can say that this amp is close to it but not quite there. The solid state amps just can't compare to tubes but it doesn't mean it doesn't sound good. Re-amping certainly isn't as good as it could be but for a practice amp it works great. To me, it's beautiful (though some people tend to despise the orange color) when I see the amp I just want to plug in and jam. It almost reinvented my love of the guitar. 35 watts, 2 channel, 10" speaker, footswitch input and fx loop. Not bad at all. Big complaint is the headphone input they added. No matter what guitar or headphones you use the headphone jack sounds like garbage. Overall 4 out of 5. For the price you can't expect the superb quality but it's pretty decent for what it is.
Been playing for 14 years. Guitar, bass, keys. I would like p consider myself a pro but I'm not even close
Rock, metal, folk
7 of 14 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 15, 2015 by ibe m in Memphis, TN
"Crush 35rt"
I'm very pleased with the tone, but the back buzzes when I play low notes. The runner flickers when I turn it off. I had to send it to Orange in Atlanta, GA. I only had it a week.
Guitar
All
8 of 16 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?