Orange Crush 20 Guitar Combo Amplifier
BACK IN STOCK

Orange Crush 20 Guitar Combo Amplifier

Crank out the jams on this 20-watt tone machine! Use a footswitch to alternate between the revamped preamp's clean and dirty channels for max versatility.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 18, 2019 by Mark Garner in Metairie, LA
"Orange CRUSHES The Competition"
After a really good experience with the Orange Micro Dark head I decided to try the Orange Crush 20 combo. (My Vox AC15C1 will never be mistaken for lightweight or portable. #HERNIA)I'm guilty of writing some Tolstoy-esque reviews so I will use two just words; 'Wow' & 'Impressive'.Yes, it's loud.Yes, it looks seriously cool. (I bought the orange Orange.)The clean channel is nice but I didn't buy this for 'nice'. I bought this for crunch, as in "KAH-RUNCH!"The four stage "dirty" channel is capable of everything from a subtle overdrive to full-on thunder.I tested the amp using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/SD "Hot Rods" and a Fender Hendrix Monterey Strat and the amp seems to prefer humbuckers. Single coils sound really good too but this amp truly lets loose with a double coil pickup.The three band EQ allows for some nice tone shaping but be careful with the treble control. It can get really bright.My preferred setting is on the dirty channel with the volume "dimed" and the gain set to about "10:00". I use a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion and the end result is a HUGE sounding roar that is guaranteed to satisfy any fan of Randy Rhoads.The bottom line is that for the money you would be hard pressed to top this little beauty.If you're also looking at the Marshall MG series and can't decide between this or the Marshall, please TRUST ME. The MG has nothing on this amp. (I've owned two MG series amps. I sold one and gave away the other.)I've been playing for forty years and I've never heard a solid state amp that sounded this good.
Former semi-pro now a stay-at-home jammer.
Rock, rock & rock.
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 1, 2018 by Nathan Peace in Greenville, KY
"Good Amp"
This amp was delivered quick and I got it on Pay As You Play. Amp sounds great for the price. In my opinion, if you want an amp that sounds close to a tube amp (without the expensive prices), I recommend this amp. You won't be disappointed in the clean and distorted tone of this little amp. The pedal is sold separately and it has no reverb, but I still can't complain on this little amp.
16 of 16 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 30, 2020 by Ron C in Burleson, TX
"GREAT PRACTICE/RECORDING AMP- SMALL FOOTPRINT- LARGE ORANGE TONE!"
I bought the Crush 20 so I could have a small, but great sounding, amp in my small practice area. And something I could stuff into the saddle bag on my Harley, and take to jam and work parts with my buddies. I previously purchased a Crush 12, so I had a preview of what the 20 might sound like. I haven't been disappointed! It's really small footprint is great, and the tones are typical ORANGE! I've been using both of these for recording into my DAW, and they are excellent! I've been playing for 30+ years, and have MANY amps in my arsenal. The Crush 20 is perfect for my uses, without cluttering my small area. It takes a TS9 really well, boosting the distortion level and tightening the sound just a bit. For the money this is probably the best small, portable "practice" amp I've used or owned. And it's actually pretty loud! You can dial in all kinds of levels of distortion, and the clean channel sounds pretty good. The only semi-negative thing I can say, is that I wish it had the gain/level control setup like the Crush 12 has. Other than that I'm very pleased and would recommend these Orange practice amps to anyone looking for a small package amp for practice/recording.
30 plus years, professional gigging guitarist, song writer.
Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Southern Rock etc.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 19, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Best tones ever!"
I have owned big and small amps and never liked clean. Crush 20 rt delivers a flawless clean tone. A while ago I had an Orange head and a Hi-Watt head for clean and Orange for dirty. 20 rt delivers the saturation of the big amp without the hugeness!