map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20H-LXJL

Rating and Reviews: NI Komplete Kontrol A61

With touch-sensitive control knobs, an OLED display, and a responsive keybed, the Komplete Kontrol A61 puts you in touch with your software instruments.

"Very Nice Controller!" submitted January 18, 2019

By Allan B in TEMPE, AZ
Musical Background: Playing for over 45 years
Music Style: Rock, prog, jazz, Christian
Sound: It's a MIDI controller, there are no sounds. Feature: Being able to browse the entire Komplete library right from the board and having the knobs already mapped is the best feature of this board. Ease of Use: It was very easy to install and set up. No hassles with software or drivers etc. Even on a PC it is basically plug and play Quality: I haven't had it very long so only time will tell, but it feels very well built. The keys are solid and smooth. Value: It's value definitely lies with the integration to other NI products. If you aren't using them, then there may be better choices with software agnostic controllers. Otherwise, it's well worth it. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any issues with this product, but I did recently engage NI support on another matter. My issue was resolved within a day so I can't complain about that. The Wow Factor: The appeal will be to NI users looking for a tighter integration. There's a lot of WOW in that alone. Overall: For reference, I am a guitar player not a keyboardist. I've been around synths since the 80's but they have never been my primary instrument. Now that I do a lot of home recording I've found I really needed more to my music so I've delved back into the world of samplers and synthesis. My take on the product may not be the same as someone who lives and breaths keys.I recently got Komplete 12 and was overwhelmed by the number of sounds in the package. I was spending more time on my computer keyboard mousing around than I was actually playing music. I saw the A61 on a YouTube video and saw how easily it integrated into Komplete Kontrol and wanted to give it a try. It is very easy to set up and use, and takes away a lot of PC face time and lets you really dig into the sounds available. All you need to do is install Komplete Kontrol and then update the firmware on the board and you are off and running.The keys themselves are very nice and feel great. Leaps and bounds better than my budget Nektar 61 key controller. The buttons are clicky and the capacitive knobs are really cool, but take a bit to get used to. As soon as you touch one the display tells you what that knob controls. They are mapped to most of the 'front panel' Kontakt instruments and also to the various control parameters within the other synths in Komplete.This is a great fit for a home studio where you may still need to use the PC at times. If you are looking for more of a performance based controller to use, you might want to look at the S61. The full display seems like it would be great for live use.Also, yes you can certainly use this for non Native Instruments VST, but it really shines with the NI products because of the full integration.

"Great MIDI Controller but NI Support - not so great" submitted January 22, 2019

By AJ B in TEMPE, AZ
Music Style: Rock/Jazz/Prog/Christian
Overall: Purchased this from zZounds last week and I was really looking forward to it. Mine arrived with the highest G and B keys giving out a horrible squeaking sound, so much so that you can feel the vibration in your finger as you key the note. I contacted NI Support via their website and have not received a response. I tried calling but their phones are only open 4 hours a day (ridiculous!!!) and tried again today and they were closed for a company event??? This is horrid customer service. If this was any other brand my friends at zZounds would have gladly started the return process and my replacement would be on the way by now. Aside from the support nightmare and bad keys, the board is really nice and I like how easy it is to use Komplete Kontrol now. With so many sounds in Komplete the A61 makes browsing through them a breeze, and having the capacitive knobs already mapped is a nice plus. The keys that work, work very well and have a very high quality feel to them. Leaps and bounds better than my budget Nektar 61 key controller.

When you call, mention priority code 20H-LXJL. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
MiƩrcoles 9AM a 7PM EST
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2019, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.

Please enter your shipping zip code: