When you call, mention priority code 20V-HWRY

Rating and Reviews: Marshall DSL40CR Guitar Amp

Push out 40 watts of pure Marshall tube tone with the DSL40CR combo amplifier -- its versatile EQ and resonance controls let you dial in the perfect sound.

"Marshall Amplifier " submitted April 18, 2018

By Parrick I in Neenah, WI
Musical Background: 20 years playing
Music Style: Metal, rock, cleans, shoegaze
Overall: Good tones, very veristile. Can be played at bedroom levels or stadium volume. Doesn’t matter. Some said it can’t be done but here i am playing at bedroom volumes and it sounds more than acceptable. Obviously sounds better cranked cause it’s a tube amp but I like to use it for both so I don’t have to have a bunch of different amps lying around for different applications. Marshall cleans, 70-90’s rock tones to nasty grindcore metal tones if desired. The reverb is comical, non existent almost. Nothing a pedal can’t fix. My first Marshall ever and probably not my last. I have been tone chasing for about a year now and have gone through 10 amps in this price range-ish. I can’t see myself letting it go so that says something to me. Downfall is the reverb and the footswitch pedal that comes with the amp. Doesn’t give you full access. Does give you channel change from clean to dirty and the effects loop. Which works perfect for me as I use a pedalboard anyway and could care less. But if you don’t have a pedalboard I could see it being annoying not being able to turn on and off certain things. However like I said if you use pedals it's a non issue. Highly recommend. Ordered from zZounds, came fast (2 days), received as promised and never have issues with zZounds. Simpley the best!

"Marshall DSL40CR" submitted February 26, 2018

By Den morrow in East Prospect, PA
Musical Background: semi pro
Music Style: Rock,jazz,metal,blues,motown,funk, play it all
Overall: Incredible amp !! My SG and Lp are amazing into this. This amp needs no pedals. You have so much to work with, the gain stages and the switching channels. Just set you master right and you can play anything. I did try my fenders into it and i believe they are best in my fender 68 CDR. No downing..just feel Gibson into Marshall and Fender into Fender is where the Mojo is. You will not be disappointed in this amp...its loud and proud but also a finesse amp...i could pull off jazz and then go right in 80's metal and even beyond that into nasty-metal, i even dropped D tuned for a few minutes just cause i felt that "power" only a marshall cranked can do..so all in all..one of the best amps i ever played into...just got it today and it makes me want to play. Did a full set a band practice and ..man does this thing cut !!
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Right Out of The Box" submitted September 14, 2018

By John H
Musical Background: I am 62 and been playing since I was 8
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Metal and some country once after I had to scrap my old tractor and my wife ran off with the mailman
Overall: A quick first impression of this amp I received about 30 minutes ago. Everything works perfectly. Didn't use any of my effects just straight amp and it was easy to get very usable tones. I have no doubt as I tweak this amp it will soon sound awesome. As with many other reviews all over the net, the reverb is only ok at best. Most of us use a pedal anyway so not a big deal. My plan is to buy a second one and run in stereo. The thing that will matter is reliability and I will write or add to this review after a few months.

"DSL40CR" submitted May 26, 2018

By JONATHAN F in Houston, TX
Overall
Overall: Excellent amp. I'm still learning how the amp functions, particularly the MIDI capabilities (huge bonus). The amp sounds great right out of the box, way better tone than the Gen1 model. I replaced the stock speaker with a Celestion V30 and now it sounds INCREDIBLE! The only complaint I have is the footswitch that is included. You need an external MIDI footswitch, or buy PEDL-91016, which is overpriced, if you want to use the amp to its fullest capabilities, which are a lot, so it's worth investing in one. The reason I dinged it on Ease of Use is because there is a loop on/off button on the front panel, and for some reason, when I hook up my external preamp via the effects loop, it disengages the internal preamps. I found this peculiar and POSSIBLY troublesome if you use pedals via the effects loop. I dont have any, so I can not verify.

"Not worth buying period" submitted June 22, 2018

By A P in Flint, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 28Yrs started in the 80s rock metallica..blues a liitle of everything
Overall: I read great reviews on this and thought this is the one but no deal bought from zZounds...shipping is and was great ...opened it plugged in and all features worked ...the clean channell sounded sweet but the distortion side just could not produce a useable tone just nasally mush so i tried some pedals and it doesnt take distortion pedals well at all i hate to say it but i felt ripped off the reviews must be lies i felt

When you call, mention priority code 20V-HWRY. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST