When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-VW4C

Rating and Reviews: Marshall CODE50 Combo Amp

The Marshall CODE50 provides 50W of highly accurate classic and contemporary amp and cab modeling, as well as professional-quality on-board digital effects.

"Thumbs up to Marshall Amplification" submitted January 14, 2017

By scott b in wichita falls, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 40+yrs. guitar and keyboards. Just play occasionally now.
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: I've been playing over 40 yrs. and have never had the money to buy the higher end products. I've got 2 MARSHALL 100 Watt heads, 1 Marshall 5 watt head and Marshall 100 watt & 20 watt solid state heads, along with Fender, Roland, Crate, Orange, Jet City, and ZT lunchbox. I did have a Line 6 but didn't really care for it. Marshall has hit a homerun with this amp! Yes, it's solid state, but I've always and still do believe that a guitar player can find the right sound and tone out of any amp. You've got all kinds of room to fine the sound and tone out of this amp, and you've also got a lot of leeway with adjusting the effects which are much better than in the MG series.This is an exceptionally good amp at this price. I am lovin' it, and this 50 watt amp is easy to carry around. I know you "tube"guys are smirking but that's o.k. You can go on and spend a fortune on a boutique or name brand, I am perfectly happy with this purchase and am having a ball fine-tuning this little baby for whatever, pretty melodic serenades, jazzy blues, balls to the wall blues, and good old rock. Again, thank you Marshall for putting out a great amp for a very affordable price and as always, thanks to zZounds for great service and products. Oh, and by the way, it got here in 2 and a half days.

"Marshall Code Fan" submitted May 3, 2017

By Mark Cofield in Binghamton, NY
Overall
Musical Background: drummer for 30 years guitar for 2 years. play at home hobby.
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz, metal
Sound: I think this sounds way better than my Blackstar id core 40. Soo many voice choices and sounds fantastic. Feature: App is amazing to use with amp. By far one of the reasons this amp caught my attention. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Sit down and play with many voices at your fingertips. Quality: Seems very solid and well built. Value: Soo worth the money. I was looking to spend way more and I'm glad i didn't and purchased this amp. Manufacturer Support: Didn't need to contact by phone but i had emailed them with questions prior to purchase and was contacted back quickly. The Wow Factor: For me it was a total WOW when i unboxed it. Overall: I've had a week now to use my code 50 and i love it. I was a Blackstar amp user this is my first marshall amp. Sounds great even at low volume. Easy to use settings. I purchased foot pedal at same time and it works well however i do find myself using the app on my phone to change settings more but pedal would be great for the stage or fast changes. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the knobs on top i wish they were on the front like on the code 100 head. One caution is... this amp can go very loud if you live in an apartment building like i do your going to need very hard of hearing neighbors to keep them happy. Headphone jack works well and tuner on amp and with app very easy to use. The best part was of course zZounds 4 pay and service. This was not my first 4 pay or purchase and once again fantastic service all the way from chat line to delivery. Will not be my last purchase i am positive of that!

"Marshall Code 50 Combo Amp sets the precedent" submitted July 6, 2017

By James M in Greenwood Village, CO
Musical Background: 28 years playing guitar, but also Violin, Piano, Ukulele
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Dimebag Darrell, Classical
Sound: My first guitar amp was a Marshall, purchased 28 years ago. The potential sounds that can be produced from this amp are surprising. This amp can essentially reproduce any sound within the Marshall Universe, when dialed-in to match what one expects, from say a JCM800, JVM, 2555, or the Silver Jubilee. Feature: Though a mini-USB to PC cable, one can also record to a DAW; the amp has a built-in computer interface through USB.There are knobs on the top of the amp that can be used to change from preset to preset. Tones can be dialed in directly by using the control panel at the top of the amp. The sound is penetrating for a smaller amp even at low volume. On headphones the sound is excellent and complete in terms of the full range of sound that the amp produces. Some are not fond of the control panel on the top, but I actually prefer plugging in to the top, and not a face panel. And the app removes need to dial in sounds directly from the control panel. The Bluetooth feature really stands out for me (described in Ease of Use) Ease of Use: One of the really awesome things about this amp is that the Bluetooth functionality allows one to control the amp through an iphone, Android phone, or tablet, using the Marshall Gateway app. This app is like the icing on the cake. Instead of fumbling with the knobs and pushing buttons at the top of the amp, Marshall Gateway gives you nearly direct control over selecting presets (LIBRARY tab). Just swipe the touchscreen to access the other tabs like (AMPS) to change cabinets or the (EFFECTS tab) to tune-in the right sound. Quality: Further the Code 50 does not look like a tiny practice amp, has a relatively small footprint, but is build solidly. It's not made from "Corinthian leather" nor would I want it to be. Of course it has that classic Marshall look and with the golden control panel and knobs. Value: With all the features and most importantly, the sound produced by this amp with traditional Marshall quality and attention do detail, at such a jawdropping pricepoint puts Marshall back in the front, with a modeling system that reproduces the amp sounds I care about most! I am astounded by the quality and value of this amp at a cost that I still have difficulty believing. The level of quality, while suiting my needs without finding space for a full Marshall stack, and when I could never turn the volume up past "1" or "2" without getting the neighbors seriously ticked off. lol. Manufacturer Support: I contacted Marshall to ask them a question about the amp and the representative who replied the next day and assisted me, Hannah, was very helpful and seemed sincerely interested in my personal experience. The Wow Factor: The Code 50 achieves what I did not consider possible before for modeling amps. I have used modeling software to try to attain classic Marshall sound above all other amps, but it was difficult. Finally I went to source and I've gotten what I wanted. For me, from the time I discovered that this amp existed, to opening the box, to plugging in, till weeks later when I can fairly review the amp, it's been just huge wow factor. The biggest "Wow" for me still is: what one gets in return for an almost revolutionary price. Overall: Marshall's latest endeavor in modeling amplifiers is a big win for guitarists, not surprising from a company renown for its high standards.

"Excellant Amp" submitted February 22, 2017

By scott b in wichita falls, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ yrs. Mainly a hobby anymore. Play at home and an occasional party or benefit.
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Overall: Got the Code 50 a month ago, and am more than satisfied with this baby. The first 2 or 3 days with this and I wasn't too taken with it, but as with all amps, after you learn the ins and outs, it is a wonderful amp. I'm still getting to know it and it seems to get better all the time. Marshall did the effects so much better with the Code than with the MG series. You have total control over all of the different effects, which is something you don't have on the MG. For being a small combo amp, it's the closest thing I've found that really does sound like a Marshall stack. It can also sound like many other amps. Marshall hit a homerun with this one and at a very reasonable price.

"Marshall Code 50" submitted June 11, 2016

By Jay M in Englewood, CO
Musical Background: 50 years, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Classic Rock, Country
Overall: I got my Marshall Code 50-watt yesterday, it was delivered while I was on my way out...I unpacked it this morning and from the first note I played I realized this was a winner and at the price of $249.00 its no brainer to include this in your arsenal no matter what gear you currently own. The models are incredible, as I have owned all the classic fender, Marshall, Vox, Supro and boogie models in my 55 years on this planet. The tones and response in this package are beyond impressive and I haven't even played with the effects yet. I love to Bluetooth interface its so easy to use I love it. The closed back construction give very tight response and when you adjust to various cabinet models the amp breathes as a blues breaker or DSL combo would. The stack model deliver crushing volume and great tone and a the attack sensitivity is just as I remembered from my plexi and JCM 800 days. The only criticism I have an its a minor one is that the control panel is on the top, this is a common problem with a lot of amps nowadays and it makes it hard to make adjustments without leaning over the top of the amp but the mobile app solves that problem nicely. I've always been frustrated that the closest thing to a modeling amp Marshall made was the JMP-1 which was while an awesome piece of equipment was very pricey and fragile and I've wondered why they waited so long but after 2 hours with this Code 50 I realized it was worth the wait...If you're smart you'll order one before Marshall realizes they priced this series way to cheap!!!
26 of 28 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A welcome surprise" submitted April 30, 2017

By Joshua S
Overall
Overall: I bought this amp to get back into playing guitar, and i wanted an amp that wouldn't break the bank but still sounded decent. I got both in the same package. This amp not only sounds great but for the price? i couldn't be happier. Handles metal and blues pretty well. I've owned it for about 4 months now and im still having fun mixing and matching tones. Highly recommend

"Terrific 50 watt amp" submitted February 17, 2017

By ruben trevino in katy, TX
Musical Background: been playing over 20 years, play electric guitar
Music Style: rock, country
Overall: Marshall has crafted a fin 50 watt combo for home or live gigging. Great tone, easy to use, great price point. Just cant beat it, sounds great . . .

"Awesomely incredible" submitted November 16, 2016

By David Strausser in Azusa, CA
Musical Background: Rocker for about 20 years. Love my Les Paul's
Music Style: Rock - Aerosmith
Overall: This amp is awesome. I love it. Ability to mimic sounds of some of the greatest guitarists with a few clicks. Wish I would've gotten the bigger one, but for $25, this thing rocks more than my old 100 watt Crate amp.

"Well worth the price." submitted April 6, 2017

By JIM hoffman in Meriden, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for 35 years,Have owned many high dollar tube amps,and modelers,For the price this amp rocks.
Music Style: anything from blues to death metal
Overall: Very tweakable tones,just be patient.Also very loud,easily heard over drums etc. Dont know about customer support,hope i dont need it.

"Pretty cool modeling amp" submitted September 17, 2016

By Justin R
Musical Background: Guitar for 20 years
Music Style: Whatever I feel like at the moment, mostly heavier rock
Overall: I picked this up a few days ago and have put around 6 hours in on it.I'll be honest, I had some reservations. But my curiosity won out. I really wanted to try one locally first, but no one ever had the thing in stock. I took a chance and am glad I did.My experience with modeling amps has been not-so-good. I've tired various Line 6's, Peavey, and Fender. Always wanted the same result, a good sound with a selection of effects for a bedroom amp. I haven't been happy with any of my previous attempts to replace my Blackstar HT5r. The Blackstar is a great amp. I love it. But if I want to get creative in my bedroom, there is no way my SO will deal with my having numerous pedals laying around and all of the cables accompanying them. I always defaulted back to my Blackstar. Worth noting is that I'm also a tube guy, and probably a gear snob like so many of us are. I own six amps. Only the Code and a Bass Amp are not tube.When I plugged in the Code initially and ran through some presets, I was disappointed. The presets are pretty bad. However, when I created my own preset, it was at this point I started to get impressed.It seems this is the key with this amp. Find your own sweet spot and go to town. I would create a base sound that I liked, then variations of that sound with different effects. Save them to my amp, and they are there forever. The little LCD screen and selection knob make it stupid easy to find the preset that you want.Once dialed in, the sound is pretty good. Keep in mind a lot of the dialing in process will involve your guitars tone knob. The biggest issue I have with this amp is just how much treble it throws out. My presets tend to be in the 3 range for treble and I still roll the tone back almost all the way. If it matters, I'm playing through guitars with SD Sh-4's and SH-5's in the bridge.I've read other reviews that state the amp reacts well to volume control changes. This is not my experience, at least for the gain settings I typically use which are 4-6. It doesn't react like a true tube amp in this manner, but the tone knob on your guitar will affect it drastically. Outside of this, the sounds are pretty good once dialed in. I typically play a harder rock sound, and as someone who is normally picky, I'm pretty happy at this price.It's not perfect and it won't replace your favorite tube amp, but as a bedroom or practice amp it's very good for the price.Wish Marshalls app was better, I hope they release a way to share presets, the treble thing is annoying but is easily overcame. I am on the fence in regards to changing the stock speaker, I feel this may result in a more fined tune sound.. And maybe get rid of some of that treble.

"Problems with my amp months after purchase" submitted August 14, 2017

By stephen p
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar over 10 years, background in piano and sheet music writing/reading
Music Style: all except screamo
Overall: A few months went by after I bought this amp and used it a handful of times. I turned the amp on one day and the Display screen on the amp wasn't displaying any text. The display only lit up and no text so you can't see any preset or setting options(very difficult with so many effects on the amp). I would recommend this amp for the sound quality the amp cranks and sounds so awesome. I still use it just cant see what preset i'm on or have options to modify. Just figured I would leave a comment of my experience with this product.

"Marshall Code 50 Guitar Combo Amp" submitted October 21, 2017

By Randy Holland in Sulphur, OK
Musical Background: 1 year intermediate blues guitar player
Music Style: Blues,Rock ballads
Overall: Bought on 7/12/17,2 payments to go out of the 6 and I am so frustrated with the fake digital tones...I've went through the pre-sets and 80% sound disgusting to my ear... I play blues and my ear was trained on a peavy and i can only find a few pre -sets my ear can even tolerate ...A few of the clean channels with touch of reverb and # 65...lol..So aggravated that i still have two months left to pay on and then was going to get another guitar on the 6 month deal but now it looks like i will have to get another amp...My advice if you care about your musical ear go analog...PS I forgot to say that this weird digital stuff will make your ears ring 24/7 and no i'm not sitting next to it to close...It's just weird tones like sick dieing cows to a siren in your ears..Even tried whats called analog freak and its freaky all right and can'y play with another guitar player cause their freaked cause don't fit their ear...Wish i could return and get credit for a good analog real amp ...

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-VW4C. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449